30Duck

Justin Herbert IS an Elite NFL Quarterback

The Los Angeles Chargers saw it, even as some guy on ESPN said it would be a Huge mistake for any team to waste a high pick on him . But in this article from Bleacher Report by Brent Sobleski we see that Justin has surpassed expectations,

Justin Herbert's SNF Gem shows why he's next to Join NFL's Elite Class of QB's

image.jpeg.561ef472a97230e1a630889e89c10f44.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 3

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 10:14 AM, 30Duck said:

When I first saw the punch I thought it looked really weird, it appeared to have the power of a light slap so I tend to believe Heyward on this.

Yes, it was so refreshing to settle into my Lazy-Boy on Sunday night and watch a REAL QB from Oregon take command and control of the world around him. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Not too shabby for a guy who was only Honorable Mention on the 2019 All-Pac 12 team.

On 11/22/2021 at 6:59 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Not too shabby for a guy who was only Honorable Mention on the 2019 All-Pac 12 team.

Honestly, Herbert's talents were sadly squandered at Oregon.  Not trying to flame or anything like that but what we are seeing now at the big boy level is a budding GOAT and i am not one to easily Hyperbolize (especially about a duck player). 

Herbert's SNF Steeler performance showed a mastery of accuracy, decision making, improvisational and athletic QB skills.  Al Michaels was tripping over his words and that guy has seen them all. His aborted sentence, before Chris Collinsworthless cut him off with another bout of extended mouth farting was "Just look at the way the ball comes out of his hand"  and yes just look at that. Herbert's release is so damn efficient, it's almost like he has reinvented how to throw the damn football.  He doesn't have to drop the ball and loop it around,  he keeps the nose of the ball pointing at his target like Marino did but he doesnt chop off his motion.  The result is a spiral so tight his guys have trouble catching it.  

And that's my next point,  Herbert didn't underachieve at Oregon because of his surrounding cast.  Even with Charger teammates that drop the ball (3 last night), Herbert is achieving because the  Charger coaching staff utilizes his exceptional talents which Cristobal and staff certainly did not do.   The guy is really REALLY good. 

Edited by Blowcheese

I do recall the many drops Herbert endured at Oregon. But it wasn't primarily due to the quality of his receivers . . . it was due to the fact that most college-level receivers are not used to catching RIFLE BULLETS incoming at over 60 mph . . .

Blowcheese, I think you have written some great posts, but I also know you are a Beaver fan, hence the logo placed in your avatar. 

You may want to skip this site this week, as stuff that will be published later may not be to your liking.  We are not trying to please any visitors from other schools, but just serve Oregon fans here.  You seem reasonable, thus why I thought I would give a "heads-up."

And if the Beavers win--we congratulate them, but I do not want to see any rubbing the salt on the wound here.  Conversely--I/we do not go to Beaver sites and rub salt in the years that we win.

OSU Fan_Kevin Cline.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/23/2021 at 12:09 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Blowcheese, I think you have written some great posts, but I also know you are a Beaver fan, hence the logo placed in your avatar. 

You may want to skip this site this week, as stuff that will be published later may not be to your liking.  We are not trying to please any visitors from other schools, but just serve Oregon fans here.  You seem reasonable, thus why I thought I would give a "heads-up."

And if the Beavers win--we congratulate them, but I do not want to see any rubbing the salt on the wound here.  Conversely--I/we do not go to Beaver sites and rub salt in the years that we win.

OSU Fan_Kevin Cline.jpg

Mr Fischduck, i get it and you don't have to show me where the door is.  Not leaving because i can't troll. I am leaving because it's THAT week and i don't want to be around y'all.   Cya losers!   (That's about as much as i can stir up on you, seriously this is a good site) Laters... 

• Haha 1

I’m not posting for any reason other than to get the rodent avatar off the forum list page. 

g o    d u c k s !

• Thumbs Up 1