Charles Fischer

Don't Post Like This....

The UO has to look from the top down, and evaluate their Coaching Staff & AD , MC has to go!!!!!, could never understand extending his contract????

The AD has to go, he's let this go on for 4 years now??? so that tells you he sits in his comfy chair and says FI.  Cristabol go South, and be the POSITIONAL Coach you are. Not a Head Coach which your NOT! The Team Lacks energy, urgency, pride...…. and the list goes on. I am so disappointed on the self implosion of this Team, Just an FYI  ALL, this team won't be prominent again for a while. MC you maybe a great person, but you Stink at Coaching!!!!

What you see above was posted by someone and I want to use this as an example without embarrassing the OBD member.  Stating the negative is fine, as that is what a forum does, but what you see above is just venting,....is that really something anyone wants to even read?

We can discuss the same points without going over-the-top, and yes....it takes some impulse control.

And BTW everyone?  Put in some fricken reading spaces so people won't skip reading your post.  If it is too hard to read with continuous lines of text--people won't read it, as the attention span on the web is so short.

Every three sentences...hit the "Enter" key or the "Return" key on your keyboard twice.  Can't be any easier than that...

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

That actually is a pretty funny post, and it was venting. Thanks Fishduck for making a good point. I so agree with you. 

I think it was venting for sure, but very accurate venting. 

On 11/22/2021 at 1:37 PM, Confused said:

I think it was venting for sure, but very accurate venting. 

Confused, I am concerned that you are not getting the message I've been trying to convey.  The accuracy is not the issue, the opinion itself is not the issue as everybody is allowed to post their opinion, the topic is not the issue, but the redundancy, the extreme redundancy of extreme negative and effectively venting on fellow Duck fans is the issue.

To all OBD members; this forum is not your therapists couch; do not use us for your healing with your venting.  Negative opinions are welcome, venting is not.  If you cannot tell the difference, then perhaps you need to ask yourself how many times in the last week you have posted the same thing?  If it is more than three times?  You are venting on us...

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 4

Mr. FishDuck

A great QB can make an average team much better......maybe even very good.  An average QB, unfortunately, doesn't make a good team better.  One can only hope than an average QB doesn't hurt your team.  I was also aware that we had receivers go unrewarded for their efforts of getting open.  Now teams know that our Q can hurt them with his legs more than with his arm and Utah made sure that he was unable to do so.  Unless he's better with his arm Saturday, the Beavs are going to make this a horribly long afternoon....no matter how well the defense plays.

On 11/22/2021 at 2:02 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Negative opinions are welcome, venting is not.

Charles, I wanted to delete my own messages but I only seem to be able to edit and blank out my message. Can a delete option be added for the commenter?

Thank you for the gift of a free and ad free site!!  It's almost unheard of these days.

On 11/22/2021 at 5:23 PM, nw777b said:

Can a delete option be added for the commenter?

I don't have that yet--sorry!

Mr. FishDuck

Message boards need a breathalyzer to stop posting-while-drunk.

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

For the visual learners, 

5v8opz.jpg

5v8okx.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/23/2021 at 7:23 AM, Haywarduck said:

For the visual learners, 

5v8opz.jpg

5v8okx.jpg

Maybe im not a good visual learner but i don't understand the pictogram above.  

Is that supposed to be a vent? That is an HVAC air intake.   A vent, at least the vent i think being referenced in "venting" expels air.   What are we looking at there actually draws air in... 

I've never been this helpful before in a duck forum.  BMOBY is proud of me wherever he is. 

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/23/2021 at 11:07 AM, Blowcheese said:

Maybe im not a good visual learner but i don't understand the pictogram above.  

Is that supposed to be a vent? That is an HVAC air intake.   A vent, at least the vent i think being referenced in "venting" expels air.   What are we looking at there actually draws air in... 

I've never been this helpful before in a duck forum.  BMOBY is proud of me wherever he is. 

It is a failed air intake, and became hot air vent. There is a message in there somewhere.

• Haha 1

It's a grate. Don't grate on people.

• Haha 1

Sadly, I am grateful.  Just sayn.

On 11/23/2021 at 1:36 PM, EzDucksIt said:

Sadly, I am grateful.  Just sayn.

Made me laugh!  👍

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/22/2021 at 5:48 PM, jrw said:

Message boards need a breathalyzer to stop posting-while-drunk.

Luckily I've been getting drunk enough while typing out my rants that I stumble off to bed and then just x-out the browser tab in the morning. But I'm pretty sure I meant all those things I didn't say.

• Haha 1

FishDuck,

Just getting caught up on this forum after an extensive week of cleaning the house before hosting Thanksgiving dinner.  Whew!  Glad that's done for the year...

Loved your take. And, just wanna say that, on this day of "thanks," I like to look at the posts like the one you reference and say to myself, "Man, I'm thankful I don't know THAT Duck fan..."

Here’s a primer on how to properly vent —

• Thumbs Up 2

Thanks for the post Otis, great honest take from a great coach.

And speaking of great, we’ll see you after 3 on Saturday!

GO DUCKS !!

Mic drop for Saban on that one. I must admit I have suffered from some of the issues he brings up, but I have worked hard lately to let them go.

It's a sport played by college kids who are doing their best. Tempering expectations is probably called for.

Edited by C J