Charles Fischer

Unbelievable Good News!

I am stunned, blown-away and almost in disbeliefLast year at this time when we had posts/comments under the articles--if we had over 100 comments/posts in a day...that was GREAT.  And during the football season, we would have three days a week like that and it was wonderful.

This forum has only been up for seven weeks, and in the month of October...we averaged 131 posts per day!  That is so far beyond the participation levels of the past that I could not comprehend it.  We had just begun!  This is already better than most Oregon message boards/forums.

Now the numbers for November are even more stunning, as up through the end of yesterday?  We are averaging an astounding 198 posts per day for the month of November thus far!

My FishDuck Friends....I just wanted a place to "banter-with-my-buddies" and it is turning into a wonderful source of Oregon Sports news and information from all the astute fans among us.  The discussions have been epic at times, and my vision is becoming a reality.  What are my objectives with the OBD forum?

--A safe GREEN REFUGE from the nastiness of the world where we can discuss Our Beloved Ducks in peace with other good people who share our passion.

--A repository of Oregon Sports news brought to the community by all of us!

--The opportunity to learn from each other when we see all opinions on a topic, because everyone is nice to each other regardless of their view.

All types of fans_Kevin Cline.jpg

I continue to learn so much from all of you, and really look forward to the journey in front of us!

Charles

Our 33 rules at the free OBD Forum can be summarized to this: 1) be polite and respectful, 2) keep it clean, and 3) no reference of any kind to politics. Easy-peasy!

OBD Forum members….we got your back.  No Trolls Allowed!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

To be honest Fish, I got real sick of the “bash other posters” culture at SD. And also for the obvious disdain for you by the know-it-all’s over there! Do I need to hear, what used to be, first hand and usually first to report recruiting news from JHop? Not really, but glad to be back with you and your obviously open minded contributors! The culture there was terrible!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/24/2021 at 10:40 AM, Dukduponquak said:

but glad to be back with you and your obviously open minded contributors!

On 11/24/2021 at 10:40 AM, Dukduponquak said:

To be honest Fish, I got real sick of the “bash other posters” culture at SD. And also for the obvious disdain for you by the know-it-all’s over there! Do I need to hear, what used to be, first hand and usually first to report recruiting news from JHop? Not really, but glad to be back with you and your obviously open minded contributors! The culture there was terrible!

Well, they hated me three years ago when I began telling them that "unless there are dramatic changes--Cristobal will not take us to the promised land," and now that has been proven true--they hate me because I was right.

But on the good side--my experiences over the last 24 years on eDuck, 247, DSA and ScoopDuck have really taught me what NOT to do, and how I need to protect the minority view on a topic and not allow their voices to be intimidated or bullied into silence.

I believe strongly that the best combination of sites?  Subscribe to 247 and ScoopDuck, and then come over here to discuss it all!  That way you have the information AND you have the safety to discuss it without someone maligning you for simply a different viewpoint.

I also think that half the people at both locations would join us here, as there are so many great Duck fans at those sites who are disgusted with the nonsense and would join us if they knew of the OBD forum.  PM your friends over there and let them know.  Get the best of both worlds; information over there, and great, safe discussion over here!

And thank you Dukduponquak!

Uncle Sam.jpg

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

Thank you for having always been a class act! Any chance of returning to your fantastic analyzations of film study? Those were the Very Best ever!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/24/2021 at 11:07 AM, Dukduponquak said:

Thank you for having always been a class act! Any chance of returning to your fantastic analyzations of film study? Those were the Very Best ever!

Thank you, and I am proud of them and they have been viewed over two-million times, but all the ad revenue went the Pac-12, since they own the rights to the telecast footage.  

I will do an analysis article like this once in a while, but making videos is unbelievably time-consuming, and I just don't have the time these days.  (I get a lot of new people that sign up that none of you ever see because they don't believe we have rules, and enforce them and their first post is just horrible.  So I have to spend time with emails and phone calls to end up with them leaving anyway.  Too much time babysitting adults!)

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck