30Duck

Travis Dye Ponders his Future

Boy....to me he is highly undersized for the NFL, and does not have the breakaway speed for the next level.  I understand his superb skills as a pass receiver, but I see good skills, but not elite skills needed for the next level.

But then--what do I know?  I thought Justin Herbert would have a journeyman career like Kellen Clemens in the NFL!

Herbert in 2021_LA Twitter.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Yeah, Dye is a great Duck! But I don't see the NFL in his future As Charles just sid, lack of size, lack of speed does not an NFL running back make.

• Like 1

Dye gave a fairly vague response, but it sounded as if he is leaning toward coming back another year. We have to remember, he was asked about this, he didn't step up and make an announcement.

• Like 1

J Stew and Blount have had successful NFL careers, LaMichael recounted a while back how his got off to a really bad start. Tyner could have had a shot, but wasn't interested in football enough to give the NFL a try.  Max Borghi from WSU is similar to Christian McCaffrey. 

Maybe Dye gets signed as a free agent? Looking at the draft boards, I don't think it would hurt Dye to play another season of college ball?

OT - I wonder how many draft eligible players will be sitting out non-PO bowl games this season? I think the number of players sitting out will increase every year unless there is an NIL benefit for playing in a given bowl. 

On 11/24/2021 at 10:17 AM, Jon Joseph said:

OT - I wonder how many draft eligible players will be sitting out non-PO bowl games this season?

There you go, KT has already missed games with injuries. Is the Rose Bowl big enough?

The young Ducks will need player leadership next year against Georgia.  Dye is our man.

A great game against the Bulldawgs would go a long way toward improving his draft stock.

The 2022 season is do or die for Dye.

• Thumbs Up 1

TD would benefit from another year of physical maturity and development before entering the NFL.

RBs take a pounding there, and with the NIL thing, maybe he could make some $$$ in college before taking that leap.

I hope I'm way off, but I fear him entering the transfer portal if he doesn't get enough touches, assuming doesn't turn pro.

He seems loyal to the Ducks, but these days- who knows.

All I would bet on is he won't be opting out of the bowl game.  

On 11/24/2021 at 4:00 PM, nw777b said:

All I would bet on is he won't be opting out of the bowl game.  

Not Dye. Not any player who is coming back. But a difficult decision for KT. And maybe Forsyth if he decides to enter the draft?

If Dye isn't coming back, he still plays the bowl game.