Duck1984

Rooting for the Huskies?

A group of four of us are going to the Pac12 championship game Dec 3.

We are Duck fanatics.

We are native Oregonians.

We want to see a rematch with Utah, but would accept an OSU vs Utah matchup.

We DON’T care to see WSU play Utah, so do we need to root for the Huskies?

Never will I Ever root for the Fuskies!  NEVER!!!

• Like 1

The idea of even wanting the Huskies to win is disturbing, and for the Ducks' interest, if the Cougars beat the Huskies, the Beavers lose their chance for the Rose Bowl. which will dampen their fire a bit. 

On 11/24/2021 at 10:32 AM, Dukduponquak said:

I married into a Husky den, but converted my gal to the Duck side.

I feel you, but REALLY don’t want to root for the Cougs either.  And I hesitate to root for Utah, because they are Duck dream killers.

• Haha 1

I am trying to figure out whether it is a good-or-good decision, or a bad-or-bad one!

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/24/2021 at 10:35 AM, 30Duck said:

The idea of even wanting the Huskies to win is disturbing, and for the Ducks' interest, if the Cougars beat the Huskies, the Beavers lose their chance for the Rose Bowl. which will dampen their fire a bit. 

@30Duckyou may be right.  But knowing many Beavers fans, beating the Ducks is more important than a Rose Bowl game to them.  But do the players feel the same way?

On 11/24/2021 at 10:45 AM, Duck1984 said:

But knowing many Beavers fans, beating the Ducks is more important than a Rose Bowl game to them.  But do the players feel the same way?

In the past, Beavs have been pretty adept at putting the horse before the cart.  The unforgettable 2008 C***l War is a case in point. But, Jonathan Smith is not Mike Riley and will have his team focused on us and not the brass ring. No way can I wish any success for the mutts.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 11/24/2021 at 11:32 AM, Dukduponquak said:

Yup, ditto!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/24/2021 at 10:39 AM, Charles Fischer said:

I am trying to figure out whether it is a good-or-good decision, or a bad-or-bad one!

I Think its bad all the way around--just sayin

• Thumbs Up 1

Go Cougars.

WSU wins and OR ST does not have the extra motivation of playing OR for the N division title. Go UW!

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't Coug this opportunity Cougars.  

• Haha 1

On 11/24/2021 at 12:59 PM, Steven A said:

Regardless of who loses, I will wear my Sheer Kahn smile because knowing the Huskies lost to the Cougars is just too wonderful, while seeing the Cougars Coug it is almost poetic. 

A tie would be delightful!

Screenshot_20211124-131211_Chrome.png.ca80e4bb2be4ef4eaa4bede8d6a263e1.png

Never

Ain't gonna happen 

Go Ducks 

I have pretty much decided that I don’t care who wins the Apple Cup.

The Ducks will win the North, beat the Utes in a rematch for the Pac12 championship, and play in the Rose Bowl.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yes, I am definitely rooting for the huskies over the cougs because my second favorite team is the Beavers.

Hopefully the Ducks can take the game against the Beavers Saturday, but if not then I would still be pretty stoked watching the Beavers in the Pac12 championship game. 

They might have a better shot at actually winning that game considering they already beat Utah once this season.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/24/2021 at 12:59 PM, Steven A said:

Dont Jinx it

On 11/24/2021 at 1:36 PM, C J said:

Yes, I am definitely rooting for the huskies over the cougs because my second favorite team is the Beavers.

Hopefully the Ducks can take the game against the Beavers Saturday, but if not then I would still be pretty stoked watching the Beavers in the Pac12 championship game. 

They might have a better shot at actually winning that game considering they already beat Utah once this season.

"my second favorite team is the Beavers..." Who ARE you?

On 11/24/2021 at 1:31 PM, Duck1984 said:

I have pretty much decided that I don’t care who wins the Apple Cup.

The Ducks will win the North, beat the Utes in a rematch for the Pac12 championship, and play in the Rose Bowl.

I sure hope so but I have my doubts-mostly because this is dependent on AB.

On 11/24/2021 at 1:54 PM, Duckpop22 said:

Benny Beaver??--I always knew he was a closet Duck fan.

On 11/24/2021 at 1:54 PM, Duckpop22 said:

Hey, what can I say, I grew up in a small town in SW Oregon traveling up to Autzen periodically starting in 7th grade. Our Junior High football coach was big on getting kids on the team up to Autzen to watch games in the late 80's.

The UofO cancelled my academic program after measure 5 passed in the 90's so I had to transfer from Lane Community College to Oregon State to get my desired education.

So long story short is I am a Duck fan from the time I was about 5 years old, but I did attend Oregon State. My solution is to root for both teams except when they play each other at which time I always root for the Ducks.

Go huskies on Friday night!!!!

• Thumbs Up 4

If Oregon loses then I won’t really care, but I lived in Spokane for 14 years. Therefore, the Cougs always have my allegiance in the Apple Cup.

Better Cougar teams than this have gagged in the Apple Cup.  While I'm rooting for them to beat the Fuskies, my confidence level is low.

• Thumbs Up 1

The real problem with a Coug victory would be the insufferable gloating on PAC 12 After Dark.

On 11/24/2021 at 10:38 AM, Duck1984 said:

I married into a Husky den, but converted my gal to the Duck side.

Same here ... The only Washington games she has senmen since she met me are the ones where Oregon is winning. She has seen more Oregon games than Washington games at this point. 

It only works because she doesn't care about sports.