Duck 68

Ducks Basketball Team may have talent but it's well hidden

I'm watching the Ducks play Houston and they are down 22 at half-time. They look at lot like the team that got blown out by BYU and St. Marys. They are beyond tentative on offense. I'm sure that each one of these athletes knew how to make baskets at some point in their careers, but that gift has disappeared. Not only is this team bound up on offense, but it slow to react on defense and they routinely fail to box out when rebounding. If this team breaks .500, it might Altman's best coaching job. At this point, our Ducks won't be participants in March Madness. 

• Thumbs Up 1

That's what happens, when Oregon has a bunch of transfers and no veteran leadership.  They need time to gel, but that's no excuse for the lack of effort.  I see Altman is still saving his timeouts for the end.  How's that working out?

Rather than shooting threes, Richardson needs to get aggressive and attack the rim more.  Even if he can't make a shot, he should find opportunities to create easy buckets for others.  This is the second game, he scored 0 pts.

The body language by the Ducks says it all.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's either hidden or doesn't exist. 

What a bummer. I thought Altman was going to be putting a great team together again, but there is no way this team is going to compete this year.

A major down year for Oregon Basketball it looks like......particularly mens, but the women's team is not up to standards either. 

They have scored 49/50 points in three of their last 4 games......what??????

They looked great out of the gates but I guess that was really inferior competition or something.

Edited by C J
  • Thumbs Up 1

Your title is a nice way of putting it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Can’t shoot, can’t defend……

and they are a turnover machine.

I think it’s going to be a long year for the Ducks.

• Thumbs Up 1

He’s got some good players coming in next year.

On 11/24/2021 at 3:12 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

He’s got some good players coming in next year.

Yes he does

Kel’el Ware, Oregon Ducks 5-star basketball signee, stuns with 18-block triple-double performance: Video - oregonlive.com

Of course, a 7 footer in high school, depending upon the size and quality of the other team, should be able to post those numbers.

On 11/24/2021 at 7:13 PM, Steven A said:

Yes he does

Kel’el Ware, Oregon Ducks 5-star basketball signee, stuns with 18-block triple-double performance: Video - oregonlive.com

Of course, a 7 footer in high school, depending upon the size and quality of the other team, should be able to post those numbers.

I always thought skinny, big men were a thing of the past (Bol Bol?). However, there are some decent big men out there who can dominate a game.

On 11/24/2021 at 5:17 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

However, there are some decent big men out there who can dominate a game.

Here's Gonzaga's Big. 

Mid way through the season Altman will figure things out--just wait and see.

On 11/24/2021 at 8:23 PM, 30Duck said:

Here's Gonzaga's Big. 

That’s awesome. The Zags had another big man named Collins a few years ago who could move like that. The Blazers drafted him, but he didn’t do much. He may have come out too early. I think he’s with the Spurs now.