C J

Gator News

Here is the perspective coming out of Florida on MC.

It's been a decent 3.5 seasons with Cristobal.....not exceptional but decent.

I really hope Mullens and Phil will focus on bringing in a gunslinger on the offensive side. Moorhead would fit the bill but he doesn't seem to have a lot of energy and apparently his health is an issue.

I would like to see a younger gunslinger. Someone with energy and passion for scoring a lot of points per game.

He want's Mario. The 4th Coaching search for Florida in the last 10 years!

On 11/24/2021 at 3:09 PM, 30Duck said:

The 4th Coaching search for Florida in the last 10 years!

Yep, and "it's imperative that it's the right hire" he writes. He has Cristobal at the very top with a "blank check....hire this man now."

It will be really interesting to see Cristobal's loyalty challenged in this situation. He made it real clear that he was going to build at Oregon. The way he was hired created a lot of loyalty from him, but all those players are gone now I believe.

Whatever happens I hope the best for him. I like him a lot as a person even though I have complained about some of his X and O chops. He is definitely more about the Jimmy's and the Joe's than the X's and O's.

Mario has loyalty, remember he turned down an offer from Rutgers to stay at FIU.  While it may be maddening at times (cough, Anthony Brown, cough) in the long run it is an admirable trait and I think Oregon will benefit with him staying in Eugene.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 5:06 PM, McDuck said:

Mario has loyalty, remember he turned down an offer from Rutgers to stay at FIU

Good to hear, I didn't know that.

I hope he stays loyal. You are right that it can be a blessing.......and a curse in the case of his decision making around Brown.