C J

And I Thought We Were Being Tough on the Mens BBall Team

These reactions from fans and/or haters pretty much sum up the Men's basketball team since they got taken to the wood shed by BYU.

My theory is Altman is not a great coach of big men. He has four capable 7 footers but he doesn't know how to use them or get them going.

The biggest issue though is they have no natural point guard. They have three 2 guards who are trying to moonlight in a rotation as the point guard = no bueno.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/24/2021 at 4:43 PM, C J said:

The biggest issue though is they have no natural point guard.

I agree that is the major issue; that Altman does know how to coach the Big, and that for him to be effective, needs a PG to run the offense and get the ball to him. Richardson was supposed to be that guy, but last season he hurt his thumb, and by the time he got back, it was Duarte, and Omoruyi's team. Now he was supposed to be the leader, but was inexperienced, and the BYU team seems to have taken the confidence from him and the others.

This one from a spoiled fan!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/24/2021 at 5:08 PM, nw777b said:

This one from a spoiled fan!

🤣 very good point! Wasn't he just saying that last night?

Although to be fair the Ducks bball team looks bad enough to actually just say it without it being questionable.

Edited by C J
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Tony Stubblefield heading to Depaul and taking Jalen Terry with him was a huge blow for Dana Altman and his program in more than one way.