30Duck

Apple Cup

Cougars get a TD on their opening drive, Huard starts for Huskies; goes 3 & out. 

I'm sitting in Sky Harbour drinking a lot of 4 Peaks IPAs and it's 77 degrees in Phoenix but I'm stuck inside waiting for my flight to Redmond and I can't get the apple cup but I watched a lotta CO/UT on the plane from DFW and CO played UT tougher than us in SLC...what does that mean? 

We beat CO 52-29 but not the Utes...do we have a chance in Vegas?  Oh wait, we gotta beat the semi-floating goof-toothed bark rats tomorrow first.  PLEASE DUCKS win tomorrow 

Edited by JDuck

10-0 Cougs

The freshman 5 star backup qb is having a tough time for Washington.

Holding call eliminates a long TD run by Borghi. 

Looking like the mutt's are a no show........again. About to go down 3 scores  (edit: 2 scores, nice goal line tackling) in the first half and no sign of life in their Huard led offense.

Bummer, I was really hoping a team from Oregon would be going to the championship no matter the outcome tomorrow.

Hopefully the Ducks can dig deep and trounce the Beavers.

Edited by C J

Cougars are dominating, but a Husky TD, makes it 13-7

Borghi is having a great game even without the 60 yard TD run taken away by a holding penalty, 20-7 WSU.

Geez i just looked it up, de Laura is 21/22 for 211 yards, so much for that UW pass defense.

On 11/26/2021 at 5:41 PM, McDuck said:

The freshman 5 star backup qb is having a tough time for Washington.

Freshmen backups appear to not always be the solution to struggling starters.

Edited by jrw
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Cougs didn't "Coug it" this time. Will the Ducks?

On 11/26/2021 at 7:39 PM, C J said:

The Cougs didn't "Coug it" this time. Will the Ducks?

Nope.  Ducks have no option but to win.

Just jumped on here for minute to see if anyone else is watching the apple cup... I now live waaaaayyyyy up in purple puppy country, so I thought I'd try watching just in case some of the guys at work wanted to talk about the game on Monday. 

I had a plan to watch and root for whoever was on defense, but as soon as I saw the purple unis and faux chrome helmets, I became instantly nauseated, and realized that since I really, really, really didn't have a dawg in this fight that I would have to root for wsu to not lose. LOL... Just in the 2nd half I have seen the husky "legacy" (god, that term makes me more nauseated...) qb throw 3 picks so everything is going according to our plan for the puppies...

Any way, looking forward to our game with the pesky rodents tomorrow.

Go Ducks!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Agree the back-up is often the favorite qb of the fans, but a freshman qb isn't the solution very often. It is promising our freshman seems to be #2, but glad he is having lots of work in practice, not on game day. Huard with 5 interceptions, if you count the extra point, kind of proves the point AB was the right choice.

It was fun to watch the dawgs in melt-down as the cougs win the Apple Cup in Sheattle. Well done cougs and best of luck in the preseason polls to the dawgs. The pundits had lots of good stuff to say about your potential which should extend into the preseason predictions, again!

On 11/26/2021 at 8:19 PM, olcodgerduck said:

Just in the 2nd half I have seen the husky "legacy" (god, that term makes me more nauseated

If that kid figures it out, he is going to be easy better than his Dad.  He is an exceptional athlete.

We best hope he doesn't, because he is more athletic than our backups.  

Yes, I'm saying this guy has more upside than all of our backups.  When I watch this kid, I see Michael Vick with more accuracy. He can be that good.  

He is more than legacy.  This kid could become an extremely dangerous QB.  We'll just have to wait and see 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, this could have been the Ducks. Fire the coach, assistant coach, bench the QB and play the freshman. Then sit out the post season after being rated and picked by some to go 12-0, yet lose out.

Huard looks like he could be good, but 5 picks?  Some Duck fans were downgrading Ty after 1. 

Duck fans are fickle, for sure. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Sam reminds me of Jake, both Washington products and highly touted as recruits. Jake's dawgs went 0-5 against the Ducks during his time at uw.

Sam might be as good or better, but I doubt the dawg program will do much better against the Ducks during his time at Montlake, 0-1 so far.

Also Vick had 4.3 40 speed, does Sam have even close to that speed? At 190lbs I doubt they use him like Vick was.

A question - during the game it was mentioned that Washington had the "best passing defense" in CFB.  How is that possible and still have a -  4 - 7 (now 4 - 8 haha) record?  Does that merely mean that nobody had to pass against them (except WSU sure seemed to have an OK passing game tonight...) because they could just run over them and didn't really have to pass?  Doesn't make sense to me at all...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/26/2021 at 9:11 PM, olcodgerduck said:

A question - during the game it was mentioned that Washington had the "best passing defense" in CFB.  How is that possible and still have a -  4 - 7 (now 4 - 8 haha) record?  Does that merely mean that nobody had to pass against them (except WSU sure seemed to have an OK passing game tonight...) because they could just run over them and didn't really have to pass?  Doesn't make sense to me at all...

Just trust the pundits, they are always right.

I actually think your hypothesis is probably pretty accurate, unlike their freshman qb.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

When the Ducks were in the depths of dispair, during the Don Reed years I believe, we led the nation in pass defense because teams could run right through us.  In those years they used to publish the “Bottom Ten”.  We made that, too.  But our opponent for tomorrow made it more times than us.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/26/2021 at 8:48 PM, DurangoJim said:

Duck fans are fickle, for sure. 

Fans everywhere are fickle.  No biggie.

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/26/2021 at 8:31 PM, Haywarduck said:

Agree the back-up is often the favorite qb of the fans, but a freshman qb isn't the solution very often. It is promising our freshman seems to be #2, but glad he is having lots of work in practice, not on game day. Huard with 5 interceptions, if you count the extra point, kind of proves the point AB was the right choice.

It was fun to watch the dawgs in melt-down as the cougs win the Apple Cup in ShiteHill. Well done cougs and best of luck in the preseason polls to the dawgs. The pundits had lots of good stuff to say about your potential which should extend into the preseason predictions, again!

FIFW...

For the fuskies, the outcome of the Crapple Cup was a Cat-Ass Trophy!