Charles Fischer

Oregon's Practice: "Emphasis on Tackling and Being Physical"

Kind of interesting going into the 12th game of the Cristobal's fourth year.

Trikweze Bridges says Defense 'Wants to Redefine Itself' on Saturday by Erik Skopil of Duck Territory 247 Sports

CJ Verdell at OSU_Karl Maasdam of OSU Athletics.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Here's to hoping they walk the talk. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Does Erik Skopil proofread his articles? I like his insight, but it's a little hard to follow at times.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/27/2021 at 9:31 AM, Dukduponquak said:

Does Erik Skopil proofread his articles? I like his insight, but it's a little hard to follow at times.

First sentence, plays instead of players. Not sure if it is spellcheck, but it would seem to be an easy fix, and pretty pathetic to start an article with that kind of mistake.

It does seem like most journalistic resources are cutting back on reporters, and provide little support other than spellcheck. 

On 11/27/2021 at 9:31 AM, Dukduponquak said:

At best it's just a proofread... The model of a vast majority of journalism out there now is just get it published. Very few places even have editors. 

So a huge credit to Charles for having put together a great group of editors who have always made me look a whole lot better. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/27/2021 at 10:13 AM, David Marsh said:

At best it's just a proofread... The model of a vast majority of journalism out there now is just get it published. Very few places even have editors. 

So a huge credit to Charles for having put together a great group of editors who have always made me look a whole lot better. 

Charles is a throwback, which is a good thing.

5vqibb.jpg

• Haha 4

Guest KingT

On the topic of proof reading, I noticed Crepea always had a lot of typos, which is odd for a major publication like The Oregonian.

On the topic of Defense, I've noticed the DBs have not been consistent or reliable tacklers, especially Verone and Hill. I can't back this up statistically but the eye test suggests that a few of those back end guys don't like open space contact. 

OregonLive does not have editors.  At FishDuck we have editors only because they volunteer their expertise and time.  What is interesting is how most of them come from the fields of technology and law.

"Writers like to create, and editors like to perfect the work."  We are lucky to have them!

Phil-Anderson_smaller.jpg

Phil Anderson, the FishDuck.com Volunteer editor for this article, is a trial lawyer in Bend Oregon.

Bob-Rodes-1.jpgBob Rodes, the FishDuck.com Volunteer editor for this article, is an IT analyst, software developer and amateur classical pianist in Manchester, Tennessee.

Andrew-Mueller.jpgAndrew Mueller, the FishDuck.com Volunteer Editor for this article, works in higher education in Chicago, Illinois.

Natalie-Liebhaber.jpg

Natalie Liebhaber, the FishDuck.com Volunteer Editor for this article, works in the financial technology industry in Bozeman, Montana.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Great people, obviously! Thank you to everyone at Fishduck.Com for your hard, unpaid work. It’s great to not have to constantly be criticized for the truth by the unknowing! Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 4