Haywarduck

The New Standard

The new standard is beat the dawgs, the beavs and win the Pac-12 Championship Game. We are almost there.

Is this the new standard, and did anyone think we would be in this spot?

• Thumbs Up 1

I am still in disbelief!

But Anthony Brown did show us what can happen when a quarterback is accurate.  The plays have been there...

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/27/2021 at 4:31 PM, Haywarduck said:

Is this the new standard, and did anyone think we would be in this spot?

16-20 against the Huskies, probably close to that over the Beavers, keep it going Ducks. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/27/2021 at 4:38 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I am still in disbelief!

But Anthony Brown did show us what can happen when a quarterback is accurate.  The plays have been there...

He is a puzzling passer. He makes some tough throws and then is way off. The good news is the receivers are giving it there all and that is enough for now. I like our chances, but the ball will have to bounce correctly, not like on the onside.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/27/2021 at 4:38 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I am still in disbelief!

I held my breath when I saw the deep ball on the move on 3rd and 3. It was his best pass all season a 50 yard bomb to Williams and it dropped right in his hands. 

Brown was getting the ball out right where it needed to be this game. Besides the big deep ball the rest of his deep balls were a bit overthrown. But I don't remember him throwing behind receivers on the crossing routes as much. 

These recievers are going to be GOOD next year with a better passer running the show. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 5:10 PM, David Marsh said:

I held my breath when I saw the deep ball on the move on 3rd and 3. It was his best pass all season a 50 yard bomb to Williams and it dropped right in his hands. 

I was at the game and that 50 yard bomb catching Williams, who was in full stride and a step ahead of his defender, right in his hands was a thing of true beauty.

No less beautiful was the touchdown pass that Kris Hutson somehow caught with a defender all over him. Hutson had himself quite a game today.

Brown was on today like never before, but his receivers are adjusting better and catching passes that are a little low, or a little behind them. That's a pretty special receiving corps Oregon still has after losing some pretty special receivers to injury. Utah's defense will have more to consider on Friday.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/27/2021 at 8:29 PM, latracey said:

No less beautiful was the touchdown pass that Kris Hutson somehow caught with a defender all over him. Hutson had himself quite a game today.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/27/2021 at 8:29 PM, latracey said:

Brown was on today like never before, but his receivers are adjusting better and catching passes that are a little low, or a little behind them. That's a pretty special receiving corps Oregon still has after losing some pretty special receivers to injury. Utah's defense will have more to consider on Friday.

I think this offense will be more focused on Friday. Also playing in neutral Vegas will definitely make things easier for Oregon. SLC is a roughy environment for many reasons...

Also I think this young team was probably pretty shaken up by the loss of Johnson, Redd and Pittman's nonsense. 

If JJ3 and Redd didn't suffer their injuries with the Pittman stuff going on, I think we would have seen a different team last week. 

Also... Need our defense to show up. Hoping to get DJ Johnson back and hopefully Swell and Wright are feeling good. 

Need to scheme against those 2 TE packages better... Those are stopping our front 7 from being disruptive.

• Thumbs Up 1