30Duck

Once A Duck, Always A Duck!

• Like 1

True to form 

Right after the game he was getting some great love/teasing from his teammates about his double fist pump after making that game winning bucket. It was pretty cool to watch.

PP is already an impact player. He no doubt has a Nike contract (has to wear Nike stuff). The fact that he is wearing Nike DUCKS stuff brings more attention to both brands.

Cool!!

"gym rat" + "baller" = WINNER!

• Thumbs Up 1

Glad he landed on a team that wears green so he can keep the green Oregon shoes. 

4 hours ago, hydrophobic said:

It was pretty cool to watch.

From the first game, Payton looked like he belonged. Staying 4 years, going through the stages he did at Oregon helped I think.  Payton has a full understanding of what kind of player he is, and is perfectly willing to do what his coach wants, because Payton is only interested in winning. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, 30Duck said:

From the first game, Payton looked like he belonged. Staying 4 years, going through the stages he did at Oregon helped I think.  Payton has a full understanding of what kind of player he is, and is perfectly willing to do what his coach wants, because Payton is only interested in winning. 

He's going to make the Trailblazers sorry they passed on him.

9 hours ago, Jon Sousa said:

He's going to make the Trailblazers sorry they passed on him.

To be fair, the Trail Blazers did not have a 1st round pick in this draft, History tells us though that they would not have picked a Duck. The Trail Blazers have never picked a Duck. In 1976, Ronnie Lee was the 10th pick, selected by the Phoenix Suns, Portland had the 8th pick, and used it on Wally Walker, from Virginia. 

9 hours ago, 30Duck said:

To be fair, the Trail Blazers did not have a 1st round pick in this draft

I searched before I wrote that and this is what I found...  16. Trail Blazers draft Isaiah Stewart >> officially traded to the Pistons, after first being dealt to the Rockets.

Obviously, the Blazers got something out of the deal. Hopefully, they got something better than one PP.

3 minutes ago, Jon Sousa said:

I searched before I wrote that and this is what I found.

Fittingly, Stewart was a Husky.