Charles Fischer

Oregon a Three Point 'Dog in Vegas

I am surprised it is not higher?

Mr. FishDuck

It is hard to beat the same team twice, even more I think when the games are so close. The team that lost has the revenge factor, and is the 2 time defending Champion. Utah had all the ancillary advantages in the first game and they paid off. Oregon has added incentive this time.

Can Mario take the team on the road anyplace other than Columbus, Ohio? (SEA does not count this season.) So hard to have a feel for what we can expect to see in LV?

Utah is definitely NOT better than Oregon at every position, no way. Oregon plays like it did last night, plays like it did in Columbus, and Oregon wins by 10+ points. The game in SLC was lost on both sides of the LOS. That's simply 'Want To!' What team wants to beat the other man down?

I expect Oregon to hit the Rose Bowl jack pot! 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/28/2021 at 3:12 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Can Mario take the team on the road anyplace other than Columbus, Ohio? (SEA does not count this season.) So hard to have a feel for what we can expect to see in LV?

Utah is definitely NOT better than Oregon at every position, no way. Oregon plays like it did last night, plays like it did in Columbus, and Oregon wins by 10+ points. The game in SLC was lost on both sides of the LOS. That's simply 'Want To!' What team wants to beat the other man down?

I expect Oregon to hit the Rose Bowl jack pot! 

I agree that Utah isn't better than Oregon at every position, in fact, I'd say Oregon is probably better than Utah at almost every position except QB and RB.  But Oregon has only beaten the titans known as Stony Brook, WSU, Arizona and Colorado by 10 points this year so I'm not buying that.  This team doesn't seem to have the ability to close teams out for the most part....not sure why but every game except the Utah game was decided in the 4th quarter.

Ill take that

Las Vegas is at 2,000 feet. Much better. 

On 11/28/2021 at 12:33 PM, DCDuckfan said:

I agree that Utah isn't better than Oregon at every position, in fact, I'd say Oregon is probably better than Utah at almost every position except QB and RB.  But Oregon has only beaten the titans known as Stony Brook, WSU, Arizona and Colorado by 10 points this year so I'm not buying that.  This team doesn't seem to have the ability to close teams out for the most part....not sure why but every game except the Utah game was decided in the 4th quarter.

I like to focus on the 10-2 record.

Theyve only lost one close game and it had outlying circumstances.

My homer hat says Ducks rout Utah.

My analysis hat says this is a nail biter.

We should have obliterated the Beavers yesterday.  We let them if the hook with too many unforced penalties.  At least down points off the board, and I was hoping the defense wanted to shut those "bums" out.

This game is a blowout if Cristobal gives his boys some killer instinct.  Man I long for that Natty attitude Chip's team had.  They were ferocious.

Edited by Mike West

On 11/28/2021 at 1:36 PM, Mike West said:

This game is a blowout if Cristobal gives his boys some killer instinct.

Definitely the step Mario still needs to take. His "Prevent Offense" is contrary to his desire to dominate, and control the game physically. Getting ahead and running the clock out achieves neither. If you get ahead, you keep doing what you're doing with even more intensity, until the other team loses all hope. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 1:36 PM, Mike West said:

We should have obliterated the Beavers yesterday.  We let them if the hook with too many unforced penalties.  At least down points off the board, and I was hoping the defense wanted to shut those "buns" out.

I think Noah Sewell and Mykael Wright had left the game with injuries when the beavs scored their last two touchdowns. Otherwise, the Ducks might have had a wider margin of victory.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/28/2021 at 4:36 PM, Mike West said:

My homer hat says Ducks rout Utah.

My analysis hat says this is a nail biter.

We should have obliterated the Beavers yesterday.  We let them if the hook with too many unforced penalties.  At least down points off the board, and I was hoping the defense wanted to shut those "bums" out.

This game is a blowout if Cristobal gives his boys some killer instinct.  Man I long for that Natty attitude Chip's team had.  They were ferocious.

I like the homer hat. Oregon will not lose both LOS like we witnessed in SLC.