Charles Fischer

What? WHAT was the Difference with Anthony Brown?

My friends, I am not complaining, but I would sure like to know why we could not have had THAT Anthony Brown present in other games?  I have stated to many that this team with a great quarterback is most certainly a very good team, but we did not see it very often.

Throws that in the past were behind receivers were nailed in stride for BIG first downs against Oregon State.  I mean, 23-28 is the elite kind of day we've seen from other Oregon QBs in the past, but not him.

And it turns out that we needed every bit of it.

One Duck-Buddy thought it was home field, but I recall the boos at home...it was such an amazing performance--can he do it two more times?  Ever?  What was it my friends?

Brown 2_USA Today.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

His numbers last night were much better than they were against Ohio State in the 'Shoe. In that one it could be said that the Ducks had a bit of, "nothing to lose", while against the Beavs, it was all on the line. Both brought out a QB that looked poised and confident.

It doesn't make sense looking at it that way. But when AB is "On" the whole team feeds off it, the WR's are definitely happier. Brown has been consistent this season, let's hope he steps up even more when the games just get bigger. 

Playing with confidence is the key.

The Utah game week was a confidence killer from Sunday through Wednesday starting with a disgruntled former team leader, ending with a season ending injury to another team leader.  Sandwiched between was the news of a season ending injury to another team leader.

I wonder if there was also an undisclosed injury to Brown’s throwing elbow the weeks leading up to the Utah game?  His throwing motion seemed short and tight at Utah.  His motion looked longer and looser against the Beavs.  Injuries can be a confidence killer.

Big question is can he repeat it two games in a row? Has he ever done that at Oregon against teams with winning records?

We'll find out Friday in Vegas. If he does repeat and beats UT then goes on to win the Rose, he'll be the most under appreciated QB I can

remember. Lot's of if's to overcome though. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Thank you Anthony Brown for a game ball type of performance. I doubt we would be at 10-2 without AB this year.

I still wonder what happened in SLC. Was it the altitude? the temperature? poor mental preparation? I think our DUCKS have a chance next week even after the blow out in SLC.

Edited by Santa Rosa Duck
  • Thumbs Up 3

Better play on the LOS. Much better than the Ole blocking and tackling for that matter that we witnessed in Utah. Last night Oregon knew it would be in a fist fight, showed up and won both LOS.

More than capable of doing the same in LV if the Ducks show with the right attitude. I expect the Pac-12 champ game to be a slug fest and not a shoot out?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 2:17 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Better play on the LOS. Much better than the Ole blocking and tackling for that matter that we witnessed in Utah. Last night Oregon knew it would be in a fist fight, showed up and won both LOS.

All That What GIF by chelsiekenyon

• Thumbs Up 1