latracey

Lincoln Riley to USC ??!!

Hmmm, Lincoln Tagg..., err, Willie Ri... ?

I' so confused!

Basically he just protested OK's entrance into the SEC. Time will tell if he's any smarter that Lane Kiffin.

Since Pete Carol USC coaches are expendable--

All this hogwash about we need USC to be great makes me laugh.

All the PAC needs is 3 or 4 teams from anywhere to be ranked in the top 20. 

1 Zona school

Utah

Oregon 

Ucla

maybe a top 25 Beavis

Fuskies??? barf

Remember Orgeron won A NC and was fired by The Spoiled Children of the PAC--

• Thumbs Up 1

OMG!!!

Orgeron to UW!

On 11/28/2021 at 9:34 PM, woundedknees said:

OMG!!!

Orgeron to UW!

WUT????

Orgeron to UW??!! Now THAT is just crazy. I will need some verification before I believe that. I can't imagine Washington's AD hiring him given some of things that have come out about him.

Edited by latracey

Only if it actually were a possibility! 🤣😜🤪🤑

Fuskies be a desperate bunch, sometimes!

Orgeron to UW would make sense... he said he was going to take at least a year off from coaching and that's basically what Jimmy did when he was there 🤣

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Could USC be on the cusp of seeing 2023 5* California QB Malachi Nelson commit?

"I want to start by thanking all the coaches and staff at OU for seeing enough in me and recruiting me to be a part of Sooner nation," Nelson said in the announcement on Twitter. "One of the things that attracted me most to OU, other than the rich history and amazing fans, was the stability in the coaching staff and their ability to develop the QB position."

Five-Star Quarterback Decommits From Oklahoma After Lincoln Riley Move (msn.com)

"In light of recent events and changes, my family and I believe it's best if I de-commit from OU at this time."

FFVHsX2UUAEM1qQ?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by woundedknees
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hyperbole much?

From TrojansWire (I know, a homer site for Spoiled Children):

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... ar-AAReHfp

"USC is a new creation, a fully restored and healed entity. Sickness and suffering have given way to health and vitality. Anger and misery have been turned into euphoria and runaway optimism."

"Sunday, November 28, 2021 — the day of Riley’s hire — is not yet over. Already, the seismic shift in recruiting caused by this one move is being seen and felt in Oklahoma and Los Angeles. This earthquake is causing a tsunami."

"USC is riding the wave. Oklahoma is being battered by it."

I guess the new incarnation of Football Jesus has arrived in LA...

Guest KingT

In three playoff games, Riley is 0-3 and gave up an average of 56 pts per game. He will surge recruiting but he's an unproven coach...Folks, we are not talking about Stoops, or Chip, or Saban, etc. We are talking about a young unproven coach that's had tons of talent and not been able to compete at the highest level. How bout them apples.

I personnally thought the tsunami schtick was sorta funny, in an over the top way... 

On 11/28/2021 at 10:17 PM, woundedknees said:

Could USC be on the cusp of seeing 2023 5* California QB Malachi Nelson commit?

FFVHsX2UUAEM1qQ?format=jpg&name=large

It's pretty clear that this guy along with a bunch of other Southern California highly rated Oklahoma commits are going to bail on Oklahoma and join Riley at USC. Recruiting in Southern California just got a lot harder.

The thing about Riley is that he is like Cristobal in that he recruits and has connections nation wide. He will get the pick of the litter in the Los Angeles area, as well nabbing recruits from Texas, Florida, and everywhere else. 

Edited by latracey

I think Riley going to USC is a good thing for the Pac-12 and for Oregon.  Oregon under MC has been able to out recruit everyone in the conference which has allowed MC to just lean on the athlete advantages he has on the field to compensate for average or below coaching. 

That officially ends today....he and his staff will be tested on the recruiting trail starting now.  If they don't evolve, they will also get exposed in embarrassing fashion on the field in the coaching department.  Oregon has a head start on USC regarding recruits, but if MC and his staff don't evolve immediately, USC will take over the conference for the foreseeable future.  

I fully expect MC to evolve and join the rest of the college football world with an offense that is creative and aggressive....designed to exploit weaknesses of the opponent and not just line up and run over them because we have better athletes...that's not going to be good enough anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 1:58 AM, latracey said:

It's pretty clear that this guy along with a bunch of other Southern California highly rated Oklahoma commits are going to bail on Oklahoma and join Riley at USC. Recruiting in Southern California just got a lot harder.

The thing about Riley is that he is like Cristobal in that he recruits and has connections nation wide. He will get the pick of the litter in the Los Angeles area, as well nabbing recruits from Texas, Florida, and everywhere else. 

Riley will more than likely get the recruits that took off to Clemson, Bama, etc. because USC wasn’t good. If MC stays he’ll still get the same great recruits he has always gotten. His replacement for Moorhead will be a big factor, though.

Deep pockets at USC, a private school so contract records are sketchy.

Clay Helton's buyout was reported at roughly $10 million, offset by a $700,000 annually from Georgia Southern.

Todd Orlando's buyout is unknown but he was making $1.7 million at Texas.  Figure at least $10 million for the staff.

Lincoln Riley made $7.5 million at OU--you know he got a raise.

$25 million buyout to Oklahoma.

Alex Grinch got $1.4 million at OU, another salary increase plus a buyout to move to LA.

$45-50 million in buyouts, figure another $15-20 million annually for Riley and staff.  What are the odds that well heeled boosters will think they have a say in how the football program is run?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/28/2021 at 5:32 PM, JDuck said:

MC needs a QB guru now, and better grow as a coach, quick.  My couch saw that onside kick coming yesterday, that's poor coaching.  We can't close teams out, all year.  I hope we beat Utah of course, but recruiting CA just got harder, and what WR wants to go to Oregon?  It's good for the Pac, just hope the playoff goes thru the north not the south.  That is, if we can not LOSE 1 or 2 gimme games a year.

Couple of things:

Your couch AND the player waiting for the ball to bounce to him saw the onside kick  coming.

I'm not sure you've seen it, but I've seen plenty of wide open WRs Brown failed/refused to throw the ball to.

Not a few, but quite a few.  In my mind, the only WRs leaving are those not getting playing time, because those dudes are burning rubber, leaving smoke in the air, and waiting for a QB willing to throw them the ball ( and we have three very capable and willing kids waiting for their opportunity to hit those wide open passes).

Maybe a new topic, but I'll be curious to see where USuC's recruiting class will be in 3 weeks, right now they have only 7 (?) commits, lost their one 5-star?  Will 5-stars at QB, RB, WR, and some high 4's and even 5's on the D, and O-line shoot them up equal to us by signing day?  I will be very curious indeed....

On 11/29/2021 at 12:46 AM, latracey said:

Orgeron to UW??!! Now THAT is just crazy. I will need some verification before I believe that. I can't imagine Washington's AD hiring him given some of things that have come out about him.

Enmeshed in T9 problems.

On 11/29/2021 at 7:45 AM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Riley will more than likely get the recruits that took off to Clemson, Bama, etc. because USC wasn’t good. If MC stays he’ll still get the same great recruits he has always gotten. His replacement for Moorhead will be a big factor, though.

5 top recruits have already decommitted from OK; many indicate they are headed to SC.

On 11/29/2021 at 8:47 AM, JDuck said:

I will be very curious indeed...

USC's recruiting was stalled due to the coaching search. Now that Riley is set, it will be a mix of recruits Riley will take from Oklahoma and the players USC will attract now. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/28/2021 at 5:42 PM, cartm25 said:

I’m seeing a lot of posts about how this is good for the conference. I can’t argue that, but I’m ok with the alternative “Clemson/ACC” approach. I’d rather Oregon have all the talent in the conference and dominate.

The lack of a powerful USC hasn’t been an obstacle to Oregon (the opposite would be) getting to the playoff, head-scratching losses to lesser teams/talent have been.

Talent is great, we need to coach them up.  Bellotti and Chip eras, we thrived with only a handful of 4 stars, and a rare 5 star.  USC had years there with top recruiting classes year after year and went 5-7.  To win it all we need top recruiting, but in-game coaching and player development long term are just as crucial?

• Thumbs Up 1

The main problem has been talent leaving the Pac-12. JTT leaving, DJU leaving, To'oTo'o leaving and unwilling to come back. With SC in the mix kids will stay and the Pac-12 will be more competitive.

Cristobal will have to sharpen his game on and off the field. As he says iron sharpens iron, we need more iron in the Pac-12, there have been too many dawgs laying around. 

I also have no problem with the beavs being the other good team in the north. The dawgs can win the preseason, but continued disappointment come game time is fine with me.