woundedknees

Obviously, guys like Moorehead are potential HC candidates...

Maybe, the bbq Turkey fumes are getting to me... Sitting here on a Sunday afternoon pondering the future.

If one of the Duck's current Red Shirt QBs can manage Caleb Williams type production next season, Oregon will have a pretty deadly offense... I would much rather one our guys like Thompson or Butterfield (I am pretty much convinced Ashford is too much of a prospect, but what do I know?)

I hope the coaches don't need to bring in another transfer.

On that note, JM has been mentioned as a second tier Oklahoma possibility.

Obviously, he may not be interested in that type of opportunity, but I have the feeling he is more likely to leave than Mario.

Wonder if David Yost would be interested in returning as coordinator/QB coach, should Moorehead bolt for more lugubrious climes?

On 11/28/2021 at 8:12 PM, woundedknees said:

Wonder if David Yost would be interested in returning as coordinator/QB coach, should Moorehead bolt for more lugubrious climes?

I forgot all about Surfer Dude.

If he wasn't good enough for Willie the T, might he be an OKG?

Moorhead is apparently the leading HC candidate for Akron. He spent a number of years there previously so it's not impossible that he would take it. His buyout is only $287k unless it's an HC gig then it's completely waived. 

On 11/28/2021 at 8:12 PM, woundedknees said:

If one of the Duck's current Red Shirt QBs can manage Caleb Williams type production next season, Oregon will have a pretty deadly offense... I would much rather one our guys like Thompson or Butterfield (I am pretty much convinced Ashford is too much of a prospect, but what do I know?)

I would like to remind everyone that Marcus Mariota was a redshirt freshman in his first season of 2012. Before Marcus, Darron Thomas was a reshirt when he led the Oregon offense to a national championship appearance. 

Redshirts are not signs of shame but development. Players need time to learn and adjust to the college game. 

Yes.. Herbert played as a true freshman and that was because he had too much potential to sit on a bench for the entire season when Prukop was the starter. Granted ... An argument could be made that Helfrich could have gotten himself another year if he just started Herbert day 1... Fans lost too much trust in him when he brought in and started a transfer QB for a second year in a row... that and the defense was the worst in Oregon history... This is really a conversation for another thread... 

But ... Redshirts can bring excellent results. 

• Thumbs Up 1