Duck1984

Utah Coach Not in Play?

With all the speculation happening in the coaching poaching outbreak of 2021, why is Coach Kyle not in the discussion?

His team is favored in a league championship game, but his opponent coach is more likely to get the $100 million too good to pass up payoff?

Will the lack of attention motivate Whittingham to show up his rival again?

Whittingham is being paid $5.2 million this year.  Seriously doubt that he is thinking along the lines you suggest.  

He's been there for 17 years. He could've left anytime. Guessing people are figuring that if a HC stays that long they're not leaving. I don't

think Kyle needs any attention for motivation. Winning the P12 Conference game is his motivation.

I think it's because he has deep ties to Utah.  He played at BYU, coached there, the farthest he's strayed was up into Idaho for a couple years. He's been the head coach of Utah since 2004 and there are rumors of him wanting to retire soon, I can't imagine him being poached.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/30/2021 at 8:00 AM, Duck1984 said:

With all the speculation happening in the coaching poaching outbreak of 2021, why is Coach Kyle not in the discussion?

His team is favored in a league championship game, but his opponent coach is more likely to get the $100 million too good to pass up payoff?

I think the Rose Bowl is enough motivation….

On 11/30/2021 at 11:00 AM, Duck1984 said:

He is seriously considering retirement after this season. Hw is not going to leave SLC for any other job.

• Thumbs Up 1