Charles Fischer

The TRUTH: How IS this Forum Doing?

A better start than I ever could have imagined after only two months!  I will NOT do this every month, but thought I would report this now, and leave it up for a few days and then take it down.

In November of 2020, we had posts, or comments below articles on FishDuck.  In November of 2021 we have posts of all topics in the Our Beloved Ducks forum.

Number of Posts in November of 2020:  2,311 or an average of 77 per day

Number of Posts in November of 2021: 6,023 or an average of 200 posts per day!  Holy Crap!

Pageviews/hits per day in November of 2020:  4,099

Pageviews/hits per day in November of 2021: 11,601(This is a total from both sites, and is quite unbelievable)

My friends...this is very good from a number of different angles.  But the important thing is that we keep this forum "polite and respectful," as every post is read and the four moderators and I are there to protect you. I want to see all opinions on every topic, and will protect those with the minority opinion unlike anywhere else.  So many people are realizing it is safe, and now are posting for the first time. Join them!

It is a ton of time and work, but I am thrilled with the results and I just love this community of passionate Oregon fans.

As you know, there are no ads, so I get no compensation for pageviews, and there is no compensation for posts --and the goal is...to build a unique community that is safe from the nastiness of the rest of the world.

Can YOU Help?

My friends, I have provided the platform and do a ton of daily work with it--can you do your part?

1) Consider helping at being a moderator, as it is easy.  As you read posts, you will click a box (not visible to you now) that it has been moderated and that's it!  If you can read and click...you can moderate!  We need many more moderators to make this easy on everyone.  Email me charles@fishduck.com

2) Can you throw $100.00 into the pot to help offset the site expenses?  Go to this page and scroll down to the bottom and click on the "Donate" button and proceed from there.  Thank you!

FishDuck Needs You.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

It’s okay to do well by doing good Charles.

Ads won’t bother me if you decide to go that path.

On 12/1/2021 at 12:57 PM, Duck1984 said:

Ads won’t bother me if you decide to go that path.

I dumped them in the past because it was so little revenue and more hassle than I wanted.  But the numbers of the last month do bring that issue back to the forefront...but even then--they pay very little.

It is SO NICE to have a clean site with no pop-up ads or videos.  Or no blaring ads for male enhancement or Ukrainian brides on the side margin.  And I have no control over what they post for ads...

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/1/2021 at 12:06 PM, Charles Fischer said:

2) Can you throw $100.00 into the pot to help offset the site expenses?  Go to this page and scroll down to the bottom and click on the "Donate" button and proceed from there.  Thank you!

Need to get that button on the front page here Charles. The easier to find the better! 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/1/2021 at 12:06 PM, Charles Fischer said:

It is a ton of time and work...

Mr. FishDuck be like:

Cat Working GIF

• Haha 2

Is going into a "Subscription" site a helpful way to support the site without destroying completely the amazing participation success this site is having?

• Thanks 1

Guest KingT

Enjoying the site.

On 12/1/2021 at 3:59 PM, 81DuckAlum said:

Is going into a "Subscription" site a helpful way to support the site without destroying completely the amazing participation success this site is having?

Not viable.  We would have to grow to 10-15 times larger than we are now, IMHO.

Mr. FishDuck

I haven't posted too much, but do read a good chunk. Would be happy to donate, probably come the new year once holiday expenses aren't in my picture. Would also consider being a moderator, kinda waiting to see how my current job situation and time pans out. 

Think my only suggestion would be to have identical/very similar threads combined. I'm sure more mod assistance would help this process. 

• Thanks 1

Just joined yesterday.  Really like the tone of this website.  Now for confessions, I am a Utah fan and just found this site around the time of the first meeting a couple of weeks back.

FWIW, prior to the formation of the Pac 12, Oregon was my favorite P5 team and I still like to see them succeed.  Another reason I want to be here is because, especially recently, Oregon has been getting the top Utah high schoolers to play football up there.

Love watching Noah as he is a beast, interesting to see Jeffrey Bassa getting some time and interested in seeing Jackson Light's progress (he's using a different last name now which escapes me).

I am no Xs and Os  expert but I do love college football.

I would love to see some Utah program history made today and have a shot at the roses.

Hope to interact more now and again as time passes on.

Thanks

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Savagefund, thanks for introducing yourself, and yes--the tone here is different than forums of all teams.  We work at it!

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/1/2021 at 1:02 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I dumped them in the past because it was so little revenue and more hassle than I wanted.  But the numbers of the last month do bring that issue back to the forefront...but even then--they pay very little.

It is SO NICE to have a clean site with no pop-up ads or videos.  Or no blaring ads for male enhancement or Ukrainian brides on the side margin.  And I have no control over what they post for ads...

Or enhanced Ukrainian brides. They are my favorite!

• Haha 1

Charles,

As a frequent lurker, and infrequent poster I just want to congratulate you on the growth and relevance of your site.  The alchemy you've created here is refreshing in a world of clickbait shallowness, and nattering faceless internet trolls.  Your contributors offer thoughtful and detailed analysis, and the forum posters, while being passionate fans, keep it civil.  A lot of times the discussions here remind me of spirited debates over beer with friends, and not death matches with expletive laced insults as the primary tool of so-called communication.  This site is a unicorn among fan based sites.

Love the Uncle Fish pic.

Go Ducks!

• Thanks 1

Guest Axel

Sir Charles, the site content merits an "A" as does the tone. Well done.

Charles thank you for this safe haven. You and your team hold the standard of civility to a very high standard.

And you enforce it with love.....

One of the perks of my profession is to help people  build self-confidemce and then see them grow. A large segment of people cannot get up, in front of a crowd, and give a speech. 

It's a natural reluctance to maybe fail.

On other sites, when good folks, dip a toe and risk comments they get destroyed by the self important bullies. They rarely try again.

Not so on this forum. Proof is in the pudding......

Keep this up, please.

"Happy" to see all the new members and "Happy" to donate.

• Thanks 1