Charles Fischer

"Miami FEELS Like Lane Kiffin"

I am surprised by this...as yes they refer to Mario, but is Miami better than Ole Miss?  Kiffin has 10 wins there and they have not had that since...Archie Manning?  I think they will really open the wallets to retain him.  Is the Hurricane job that much better and is Kiffin the top candidate?

Bruce Feldman Gives an Update on Lane Kiffin, Miami Situation by Nick Schultz of On3

tim-tebow-breaks-down-egg-bowl-lane-kiffins-quick-turnaround-at-ole-miss-matt-corral-rebels-florida-gators-sec-network-paul-finebaum

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

It's Miami now, and Ole Miss would probably beat them But Kiffin could bring back The U , and Ole Miss is an also ran in the SEC. Over in the Florida sun, Kiffin and The U and Clemson would be the glamor schools. 

• Thumbs Up 1

There is a ceiling in the form of Alabama and Georgia in the SEC at the moment, with other potential giants that are currently sleeping in the form of Florida and LSU. There is the building challenge of TAMU and future bumps in the road of Texas and Oklahoma. He could go 6-6 next year there and that doesn't even mean his team is bad.

I am not saying anyone should be running scared from a job at ole miss necessarily, but I think if you are the right coach and can get the right support going, getting to the CFP is going to be easier basically anywhere else at the moment. If reaching the CFP is goal 1, I think it is arguable that it is more likely to happen at an ACC or PAC school.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ole Miss will match whatever Miami agrees to pay Kiffin. Ole Miss in Kiffin's 2nd season is going to a NY6 bowl. Ole Miss defeated A+M and who knows how Kelly will fare at LSU? He will no longer be playing 5 ACC teams and Navy every season. Auburn? Ole Miss is trending up. The Tigers is trending down. And at some point, Saban will leave Bama.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good points.

After years of taking a beating from the college football world I think Kiffin likes being adored. A believe me, those Ole Miss fans love him. If he wins the SEC West then it will be gravy, but he’s not under the same pressure that Saban and Harsin feel.

I just don’t see him leaving for a place that plays in front of 20K fans and has mediocre facilities. Leaving after 2 seasons would not help repair his reputation any. He’ll always be looked at as the coach with one foot out the door.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 12/2/2021 at 3:45 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

After years of taking a beating from the college football world I think Kiffin likes being adored. A believe me, those Ole Miss fans love him. If he wins the SEC West then it will be gravy, but he’s not under the same pressure that Saban and Harsin feel.

I just don’t see him leaving for a place that plays in front of 20K fans and has mediocre facilities. Leaving after 2 seasons would not help repair his reputation any. He’ll always be looked at as the coach with one foot out the door.

Great take. And every game at Ole Miss is played in a sold out, on campus stadium with one of the best tailgating venues in the nation.

• Thumbs Up 2