Charles Fischer

Prediction Contest for Pac-12 Championship Game!

Hello My OBD Forum Friends!

Lets get these predictions started and remember I look for the spread with then the closest score that has the spread correct. The data I need from you is:  (entries without all the information are invalid, and predictions on other threads don't count as I am not going to hunt them all down)

--the winner

--the score, and the tiebreaker information needed from each of you is...

--the amount of turnovers Oregon creates

--the number of sacks Oregon records on the opposing team

--the number of passing yards. 

My guess is:  Oregon 27-21, 2, 3, 260 (C'mon Anthony Brown...have a GREAT GAME!)

Unknown_GoDucks.com.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Oregon 31 Utah 23

2 Turnovers

2 Sacks

236 Passing yards

Oregon 24

utah 21

1 turnover 

3 sacks

199 passing yards 

Oregon 31 - Utah 24, 2, 2, 304

34-24 UT

0 TO

1 sack

Edited by GODUCKS15

Oregon 35 Utah 24

1 turnover 

2 sacks

210yrds passing 

I'll go out on a limb and say 430 yards of offense for OBD

Oregon 21- Utah 17, 1 turnover, 1 sack.  225 yards in the air, 250 yards on the ground.

I hope.  Go Ducks!

Ducks 34-21. 2,2, 295

Ducks 20 - 14, 2, 2, 290

Oregon 34 - 28. 

1 TO 

2 sacks

240 yards passing

Ducks 45-10, 0 TO, 4 sacks, 150 yards passing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oregon 28 - 17, 2, 3, 265

Ducks Win!  38-24 with 4 take-aways (no turnovers!) 4 sacks, 242 passing yards.  Ewetes lose ba-aa-aa-aad!

Utes - 34-21; 1 take away, 1 sack, under 200 passing yards. I hate making this call but I trust Whittingham to have his team ready more than I trust Mario to have the team ready.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/2/2021 at 5:39 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Hello My OBD Forum Friends!

Lets get these predictions started and remember I look for the spread with then the closest score that has the spread correct. The data I need from you is:  (entries without all the information are invalid, and predictions on other threads don't count as I am not going to hunt them all down)

--the winner

--the score, and the tiebreaker information needed from each of you is...

--the amount of turnovers Oregon creates

--the number of sacks Oregon records on the opposing team

--the number of passing yards. 

My guess is:  Oregon 27-21, 2, 3, 260 (C'mon Anthony Brown...have a GREAT GAME!)

Unknown_GoDucks.com.jpg

Sir Charles, I think the term "turnovers Oregon creates" vs. "take-aways" is confusing.  I think most are saying "turnovers" in terms of opponent, but some entries suggest maybe they are thinking "Ducks turnovers" vs. opponents turnovers ("Duck take-away") or maybe I've been sitting in front of my computer too long this week

I am going to have to agree along the same lines as Jon's prediction. Whittingham is too good to see his team drop off that much...or at least enough for us to get the advantage.

Utes 36 Ducks 28

1 turnover created

1 sack

215 yards passing

From what I saw of Utah a few weeks ago they are better in every facet of the game. Better running back, better quarterback play and this one hurts the most but better in the trenches on both sides of the ball. When you throw in how much better they are on special teams it becomes an avalanche. A lot of predictions above are counting on the Ducks defense to hold Utah below 28 points, but I don't see that as a possibility.

Ducks to the Alamo bowl versus...........maybe Oklahoma?????

Ahh, the 64K question .... can we make up 2.38+ points a day (31pts / 13 days)

HELL YES, since Utah hasn't played the Ducks this year.  Not sure who they played on Nov 20th.

Ducks 26 Utes 24

2 TOs

2 sacks

140 yds passing

• Haha 1

DUCKS 28 24 2 2 300.

I think we stop their running game even with out Hudson/Ware. And we have a similar passing game as with the Beav's. 

On to the RB. Go DUCKS Fly HIGH

--the winner - Utah

--the score - 35-20

--the amount of turnovers Oregon creates - 1

--the number of sacks Oregon records on the opposing team - 2

--the number of passing yards. - 225

--the winner, HomerHayward OREGON! Want to know who I pick next game?

--the score, and the tiebreaker information needed from each of you is...  38-22

--the amount of turnovers Oregon creates 2, difference maker, as the Ducks see tendencies and take advantage.

--the number of sacks Oregon records on the opposing team, 3, difference maker, effort and tenacity.

--the number of passing yards. 299 yds., difference maker, freshman step up, AB makes the throws, transfer who!

Another difference will be special teams. Camden will be exacting, Mykael has been on the verge of an explosion play and Seven is ready to take one and run!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/3/2021 at 10:40 AM, C J said:

I am going to have to agree along the same lines as Jon's prediction. Whittingham is too good to see his team drop off that much...or at least enough for us to get the advantage.

Utes 36 Ducks 28

1 turnover created

1 sack

215 yards passing

From what I saw of Utah a few weeks ago they are better in every facet of the game. Better running back, better quarterback play and this one hurts the most but better in the trenches on both sides of the ball. When you throw in how much better they are on special teams it becomes an avalanche. A lot of predictions above are counting on the Ducks defense to hold Utah below 28 points, but I don't see that as a possibility.

Ducks to the Alamo bowl versus...........maybe Oklahoma?????

Depends on whether OK ST defeats Baylor tomorrow and makes the Final 4? Baylor wins and the Bears go to the Sugar Bowl and the Ducks opponent would be OK ST. A team playing very much the same as did Iowa State last season. But I do expect OK ST to defeat Baylor tomorrow and at 12-1 with a much better SOS than Cincy, advance to the CFP? In that case I think 2L OK will go to the Sugar Bowl and 3L Baylor to the Alamo Bowl?

San Antonio is an easy 3 or so hour drive from Waco. I don't know how many OK/OK ST fans would care about the Alamo game but I expect Baylor fans would be fired up and show up?

Of course, I hope we will be discussing Oregon's opponent in the Rose Bowl and not the Alamo Bowl opponent?

• Thumbs Up 1

Utah 27-13. one turnover, 2 sacks, and 199 yards

I tried all day to imagine us being enough better in two weeks to make up the gap from last time. I couldn't.

Ducks win 34 -31

2 turnovers

4 sacks

250 yards passing

Mario proves he is a GREAT coach tonight

Oregon 35-31

0 TOs 

2 Sacks 

200 yds Passing