Charles Fischer

Best Pac-12 Assistant Coaches at Recruiting

A ton of Oregon there...

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Wow, that's the best it's ever been. Now we just gotta get the players signed.

Go DUCKS Fly HIGH 

The acclaimed Donte Williams, located in a recruiting hotbed, is only number 12, just ahead of Andy Ludwig.  Which is wrong, the ranking list or Williams reputation?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I believe it was the transfer to HC and then the huge amount of decommits.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/3/2021 at 8:51 AM, McDuck said:

The acclaimed Donte Williams, located in a recruiting hotbed, is only number 12, just ahead of Andy Ludwig.  Which is wrong, the ranking list or Williams reputation?

My first question too...

On 12/3/2021 at 8:51 AM, McDuck said:

Well it tanked because USC was obviously not making him the next HC and I don't know when the ranking was compiled but with Riley coming in and Williams on the way out the door recruits were not going to stick around for him. 

Not surprising but doesn't mean he isn't a good recruiter still. No one would recruit well with that uncertainty. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't see DeRuyter's name up there.  Yet, he's the one listed as handling Cyrus Moss which seems to be slipping away from the Ducks.  I would think Joe's name would be listed as well.

Is DeRuyter a good recruiter?  I'm sure MC does most of the closing, but he probably needs to pay more special attention to this recruit.  Up until Riley took over at USC and showed up in his home, Cyrus Moss appeared to be Oregon's to lose.

With UCLA having 2 in the top 10, why are their recruiting classes so poor?

I would love to see Big Joe at the top of the list. Somehow he just doesn't connect as well as I would think he would with the big boys. An NFL talent, and productive coach, but he hasn't cracked the code on bringing in the 5* lineup. 

I would definitely put Wison way up there. Our LB crew is awesome, especially if they could stay healthy, then lethal.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would add the top coach who develops talent, not even close.

1. Kyle Whittingham

• Thumbs Up 1