Charles Fischer

Mind-Blowing Stat about ALL of YOU!

Yep...I'm talking to you OBD forum guests and members!  Of all the thousands of pages read on the forum, (over 8,000 yesterday alone) the majority of those on this forum through the day are guests or people simply reading the posts, press releases and news.  An older word in the web world describing those who do not post, but read, are lurkers.  I never liked the creepy feel of that word, especially when--on this site--these are good people who stopped in, and who are interested in Our Beloved Ducks.

The percentages is what surprises me, and over time it has shown that on average 75% of those in the forum are not posting, are not members, but guests who are reading post.  Isn't that an incredible number?  Three-quarters of those here are not members posting? Whew!

Yet that is actually better than the industry average, and I attribute it to our diligence in making people feel safe, thus OBD forum members are more apt to post their opinions.  (And I love it)

Tasty Chicken_CF.jpg

So...if you have a post that disappears, and then you receive an email from you-know-who about a rule violation...it is not just about being nice to each other in our posts.  It is for the readers too, because nobody wants to read the nasty stuff that is out there in the rest of the world. When 75% of the people here are simply reading--I want to make it fun for them to do so, and thus they don't have to sort through all the nonsense as they do on other sites.

It still blows my mind; roughly 75% of people here are here to read YOUR POSTS, and MY POSTS,...(Yikes!) thus I want to extend all our courtesies to the vast majority who are here to simply read the news and posts. 

The point of this post is to report it, acknowledge how what we are doing here is to serve you as well and to say THANK YOU for reading and being a part of our unique community of Devoted Duck fans!

(P.S. I changed the color of the Pinned Post from Utah Red to Fuchsia to still make it stand out. And no, it is not pink. It is Fuchsia!)  😁

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

You going to eat all of that yourself Charles?😄

On 12/3/2021 at 2:27 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

You going to eat all of that yourself Charles?😄

Well, it would take a while!  That is a family gathering and what is there will feed about 18 people some of the best BBQ chicken known to mankind.  The height of the pit is perfect, so that I can slowly cook it and brown it gradually over an hour and 45 minutes, yet the center is moist and completely done.  I am basting butter on a few hot spots on the chicken, although some of the brown color comes from the tasty smoke salt we put on in the beginning and let it cook into the chicken.

It is one of the few things I am really good at!

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

It looks like I might have a lot more time for BBQing chicken, as I expect the traffic here to fade away in the offseason.

I am not a big Mario fan, but I am a big OREGON fan.  I and the moderators will always be here to ponder it all...

Mr. FishDuck

🐔 That Chicken looks great, Chickyen as my 7 year old would say.  

How often is Colin Cowherd right regarding Oregon Football ?  

Remember when he said freshman quarterback Marcus Mariota wasn't gunna go into the LA Coliseum and beat the USC Trojans , and the freshman quarterback Marcus Mariota went into the LA Coliseum and beat the USC Trojans.

Cowherd's been wrong before but really gets paid to be provocative not really to be correct.

Thanks for making and improving this great website.

• Thumbs Up 1