Kleibs

MC to Miami

Bye….it’s been ALL WINDOW DRESSING!

All talk…Toughness, relentless, iron sharpens iron ( hog wash).Getting absolutely embarrassed and pushed all over the field. Our offense stinks…AB should have his uniform taken and a Uber called to rush him immediately to the airport.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Exactly, good riddance.  MC reminds me of Jason Garrett (the clapper) - we don't need you

to act like the caring coach whenever a player gets injured, going out on the field, showing his mighty concern.  Man, just figure out a better game plan, the medical staff will take care of the player.

So sick of this guy.  Do not get in a bidding war with Miami over his services - it is fools gold.  Think more about a buy out and trying to get Chris Petersen to come out of retirement - now there's a real coach we can get behind!

Sadly just like Taggert… if he leaves and has a performance like this at Miami, they will fire him faster than AB going 3 and out. Haha jk 

• Haha 1

Leave him on the tarmac.

• Haha 2

Please? Come on Canes.

• Thumbs Up 4

I have more to say….Ty Thompson or JB should have gotten some important game reps at the start of the 2nd half. Why not….AB has not been able to open the field all season long. Why the heck not!!!! We may be the youngest team in America….and the most likely the

most injured.No excuses in FBS.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/3/2021 at 8:14 PM, Graziani93 said:

So sick of this guy.  Do not get in a bidding war with Miami over his services - it is fools gold.  Think more about a buy out and trying to get Chris Peterson to come out of retirement - now there's a real coach we can get behind!

Petersen is done, lost his fire

On 12/3/2021 at 8:38 PM, Otis Day said:

Petersen is done, lost his fire

The truth is....there are very few candidates that can replace a 10 win coach without taking huge risk.  But again...let's discuss after the hangover.

• Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/3/2021 at 8:40 PM, Charles Fischer said:

The truth is....there are very few candidates that can replace a 10 win coach without taking huge risk.  But again...let's discuss after the hangover.

Mullens

• Like 1

Petersen could easily become the Udub coach since he still works in the Udub administration.  I like the Cincinnati coach as our next coach.   That dog can hunt. 

We started the season probably a half-dozen 4-stars away from the Natty.

Now for next year we are only one real coach away . . . 

At least MC was a lot better at BS than WT.

• Like 1

Guest KingT

Here's a question -- why isn't Whittingham getting big time offers? He's obviously the best Coach in the PAC, especially given he has mostly 1-3 * players.

On 12/4/2021 at 4:11 PM, KingT said:

Here's a question -- why isn't Whittingham getting big time offers? He's obviously the best Coach in the PAC, especially given he has mostly 1-3 * players.

Yeah KingT would have expected USC to make a run at him and maybe even Washington 

Now that The U has an established AD, their fan boys on their message boards are pumping the brakes on Mario. They want the new AD to do an exhaustive search to get “a real head coach”. Their words, not mine. I think last night’s game has made them change their tune.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants

On 12/4/2021 at 2:59 AM, toketeeman said:

We started the season probably a half-dozen 4-stars away from the Natty.

Now for next year we are only one real coach away . . . 

I actually think we were 1 pretty good QB away from the CFP. So many missed opportunities with AB. Injuries were the other reason as well. 

• Like 2

On 12/4/2021 at 5:15 AM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Now that The U has an established AD, their fan boys on their message boards are pumping the brakes on Mario. They want the new AD to do an exhaustive search to get “a real head coach”. Their words, not mine. I think last night’s game has made them change their tune.

Yeah I was wondering what their fans thought after this performance. 

Mario is a good coach with a very good record at Oregon. When our very young team matures and is led by a dynamic QB, we will be celebrating again. It is important to note that our team, recruited by MC and his staff, are quality young men who stay out of off field trouble.  We need to chill and get ready for 2022. Near term, I'm hopeful that we will start a new QB in the consolation prize bowl coming up in a few weeks.  

• Thumbs Up 1

For me, that will be the ultimate test.  If MC starts AB again in the whatever low level bowl we go to, he does not have the foresight necessary for future success or really does not have the team's best interests at heart.  Either way, we deserve a better coach.  I don't care if we lose the game, TT has to start and start to get some experience.  This whole season should have been about TT learning to be a major D1 quarterback, a la Stroud for Ohio State.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mark my words though, we will not see it.  MC is just too stubborn or just not so bright.

I know nobody wants to hear this, but could you imagine Riley vs. Kiffin in the Pac-12 on a somewhat regular basis? I know ESPN is married to the SEC, but you can bet that if these two were competing against each other they would be sneaking behind the SEC’s back for a little Pac-12 side action. If Mario leaves and Mullens (and PK) are serious about shelling out $$$ for a head coach then Lane Kiffin is who they should call and offer 9 figures over a long term contract. 

Now hear me out. Despite his character flaws (although he has matured) he is one of the brightest offensive minds in CFB. He’s also a terrific recruiter who has a ton of connections on the West Coast and in the South.  Ole Miss is a small market team and Lane has them competing really well in the toughest division in the toughest conference. They’re likely going to a NY6 bowl game.

I think he likes the West Coast and I think he would like to get out from under Saban’s shadow and create his own legacy. The attention that he and the University of Oregon would get would be unprecedented. Oregon has the money, but do they have the maracas to bring in a once hated rival? It could be fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/4/2021 at 8:37 AM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Oregon has the money, but do they have the maracas to bring in a once hated rival? It could be fun.

Kiffin, the coach from Coastal Carolina, who would be less expensive, are the type of Coach that Oregon needs to get. It would be fun!

On 12/4/2021 at 11:46 AM, 30Duck said:

Kiffin, the coach from Coastal Carolina, who would be less expensive, are the type of Coach that Oregon needs to get. It would be fun!

Chadwell is a good coach, but he doesn’t have the recruiting chops that Kiffin has. Money should be no object if Mullens and PK are serious about winning. Kiffin in the Pac-12 would drive revenue for the entire conference as well as Oregon. I like Mario, but if the Ducks can’t keep him they’re going to need a guy who can bring kids to Eugene. Just my .02.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 9:00 AM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Chadwell is a good coach, but he doesn’t have the recruiting chops that Kiffin has. Money should be no object if Mullens and PK are serious about winning.

I agree with your diagnosis, Dr. Kiffin would be the shot in the arm that Oregon needs to fight off the Riley fever that's spreading now. 

Ole Miss recruiting as of today on 247

National rank  31

SEC rank 11

Average rating .8765

No five stars

4 four stars

10 three stars

Perhaps,  Our freshmen were not as ready as Stroud.

I believe we will see the Real Mario soon.  I am curious as to how he handles himself and the Miami interest.

I hope he stays for continuity but, if not, we have lost and hired coaches before.

It would please me personally to see the pocketbooks opened for Lane Kiffin 

Anyways, it was not a bad season really and I will root for Ducks whomever coaches.

On 12/4/2021 at 8:29 AM, Graziani93 said:

Mark my words though, we will not see it.  MC is just too stubborn or just not so bright.

If MC is gone by then, it's a new dealer shuffling the deck.

I think he stays, though.