Duck 68

Mario to Miami; Moorehead to Akron .....

What an awful performance by our Ducks. No emotion and out coached. Something is not right in Duckville. 

Hope I'm wrong, but it is as if Mario told the team he was headed to Miami and Moorehead told the Ducks he's going to Akron. The players seemed to respond, "you quit on us, we'll quit on you." 

Again, I hope I'm wrong, but this disappointing night is hard to explain. 

My neck is tired from shaking my head.

On 12/3/2021 at 9:02 PM, Duck 68 said:

Something is not right in Duckville. 

Yes, I think this is a fair premise.

That was definitely a team who looked like they quit before the game ever started. There is a very good chance they know specifics about things we don't know.

Something hasn't seemed quite right about this team this whole season, you can't really put your finger on it but it feels like Cristobal has sort of lost the team (and possibly part of his staff). Not entirely and it may be subtle, but my guess is the same sort of angst and frustration all of us fans have felt has also been felt by some players and staff. 

The little (and some big) things pile up. For instance deciding to go with Brown and then sticking with him even though it was clear he was limited very early on. The game management mistakes that just won't seem to go away, the penalties (especially at very inopportune times i.e. 3rd and 2 drive killers), the inconsistent play, the lack of desire.....the list can go on but why bother.

Hopefully better fortune will favor us in future years.