Charles Fischer

Colin Cowherd: My Sources..."Cristobal to Miami? It's Gonna Happen!"

Oh Crap!  Listen to this short video as he strolls in his backyard SoCal home with the birds tweeting, the sky is blue and it is obviously warm...  Remember that he came from Portland...  CRAP!

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/3/2021 at 10:47 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Oh Crap!  Listen to this short video as he strolls in his backyard SoCal home with the birds tweeting, the sky is blue and obviously warm...  Remember that he came from Portland...  CRAP!

He came from Westport, WA, and sucks up to Washington, or USC, depending on who is good. He's smart, but I don't like his pandering to large fan bases.

• Thumbs Up 1

Understood.  But THAT is a very interesting video!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Short term impact for long term gain.

What will be will be.

I am at peace with it.

• Thumbs Up 2

The whole picture makes sense with this news that Cristobal to Miami is going to happen. Moorhead leaving for Akron now makes sense. As Charles said in his article today, the game tonight went to the team that was mentally stronger. It's hard to be mentally strong when you are wondering who your coach is going to be next season. Talk about a distraction.

• Like 2

I hope so, i'd have rather lost 60-10 with a qb change for the second half than leaving AB in all game.  I am in no way blaming AB for the loss... but Mario's stubbornness will keep Oregon from advancing or even being fun to watch... he's going to drag the whole program down.

• Thumbs Up 6

I say Good Riddens

• Thumbs Up 2

Cowherd definitely has connections, just like he says in the video. Of course Miami has billionaire boosters that want to see their school back in the college football thick of things. Of course Mario's buyout and king's ransom bigger and better salary is chicken feed to a billionaire.

I have to say I've had a funny feeling about Mario and his coaching commitment to Oregon for a week or so now, and I know I'm not the only person around here who has had these funny feelings. 

Then tonight, after the game, when asked a couple of times outright about the rumors linking him to Miami, he used the same kind of use words to say absolutely nothing coach speak that Moorhead used last Tuesday when also asked outright about Akron. Did he outright deny that he was leaving? Nope.

Just like tonight's game against Utah. We've seen and heard this all before.

Edited by latracey
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

As far as I’m concerned, Miami would be doing the Ducks a huge favor and saving them the trouble of having to fire MC and pay his buyout later down the line.  I only wish that he bolted earlier so the Ducks would have more choices for his replacement. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

Way back in the summer some of were saying that MC was NOT an X and Os coach---we were right-

• Thumbs Up 4

Oregon played tonight like a team that knew their coaches were leaving. MC to Miami and JM too Akron. Talk about a distraction. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Let Cristobol go to Miami, Let Moorhead go to Akron, fire the strength coach because of injuries, and look for another Chip Kelley.   We got the facility, we got the money, we can recruit... we need a coach!

• Thumbs Up 4

After what I saw with Justin Herbert his senior season compared to what I saw with him being coached correctly by the Chargers I new we had serious coaching problems. We were all guilty to some extent of giving MC a pass ,along with his coaching staff, because of the recruiting ability. Well for me the party is over. This group headed by MC is very poor at coaching these kids up and seem to never make good in game adjustments.

Maybe things will will get better but I sure wouldn’t count on it.

Love the Ducks but this season, even with the wins, was extremely hard to watch. What ever cancer is in that locker room has spread through the team like a tidal wave.

And what has happened to our o-line? Isn’t that MCs baby?

Wonder if Uncle Phil is sleeping well tonite.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Miami may want to wait and see what Lane Kiffin has to say. If they just pulled the AD from Clemson then he might be somebody Lane wants to work for. He’s definitely a hotter name in coaching right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/4/2021 at 3:22 AM, Just Ducky said:

After what I saw with Justin Herbert his senior season compared to what I saw with him being coached correctly by the Chargers I new we had serious coaching problems. We were all guilty to some extent of giving MC a pass ,along with his coaching staff, because of the recruiting ability. Well for me the party is over. This group headed by MC is very poor at coaching these kids up and seem to never make good in game adjustments.

Maybe things will will get better but I sure wouldn’t count on it.

Love the Ducks but this season, even with the wins, was extremely hard to watch. What ever cancer is in that locker room has spread through the team like a tidal wave.

And what has happened to our o-line? Isn’t that MCs baby?

Wonder if Uncle Phil is sleeping well tonite.

Never thought about that, but very very true…. Herbert didn’t become elite over night… our game plan had everyone in the NFL think he was just a average QB.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/3/2021 at 11:12 PM, deschutesduck said:

I hope so, i'd have rather lost 60-10 with a qb change for the second half than leaving AB in all game.  I am in no way blaming AB for the loss... but Mario's stubbornness will keep Oregon from advancing or even being fun to watch... he's going to drag the whole program down.

I really like AB as a person. But I blame his lack of skill for the loss. He should have been pulled. No question.

But I will miss his unshakable courage,  tenacity, and classy behavior, etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

The guy called a time-out with 15 minutes to play in the first quarter of his first game as head coach. Why? Because the other team wasn't ready. Just saying!

• Haha 4
  • Like 1

Regarding all of the above: DITTO!

• Thumbs Up 2

Been reading this forum for a couple of weeks and the posters are informed, intelligent and civil - hats off to you all. As a 50 year “U” fan….I preferred  Kiffin before last nights game  and my preference for Lane now is even stronger.

Several posts have been UN-complimentary of Miami and it’s program. True we’ve been mediocre for a long time but the “U” has a strong tradition having played for 9 National Championships and won 5. The future is looking brighter. This year Miami has the ACC rookie of the year in QB VanDyke who’s thrown for 6 consecutive games of 300 plus yards. I think y’all recognize the importance of the QB. There’s a lot of young offensive fire power on the team that Kiffin would maximize better than MC.

Absolutely Oregon is a beautiful state but South Florida’s not so bad when you can hop on your boat Saturday morning and in 2 hours be snorkeling in Bahamian crystal waters or Marlin fishing in the Keys.And as mentioned - in another post Florida has no State income tax like WA. 

Regardless of what happens …best of luck to the Ducks.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Like 2

I would love to see Cristobal happy and successful. Not sure that is going to happen at Oregon. If it is Miami, then so be it.

The next couple weeks will be interesting to say the least.

5wmhhn.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

As several mention above, while recruiting is mega, X and O is too.  But 3 straight classes of best in Oregon history,  and 10 win seasons feel like they are from talent alone.  It's MCs ceiling without better player development.   I question his whole staff.

Bellotti and then Chip (who retained most of the assistants, and Helf too) thrived on developing 3 stars, getting a 4 star was a big deal then.  We played for 2 natty's.  Scheme was electric. 

Defenses have figured out the spread now but the big teams have 45 ppg somehow.  Physical, yes, but the MC idea of "pound it out is what we do" just doesn't do it

• Thumbs Up 3

On 12/3/2021 at 11:12 PM, deschutesduck said:

I hope so, i'd have rather lost 60-10 with a qb change for the second half than leaving AB in all game.  I am in no way blaming AB for the loss...

Exactly. Take away other factors and AB's foot was taped up last night. He may very well been playing in pain--and, in any case, isn't footwork important in QB play? Why not turn to one of the other QBs last night, even if only to give AB a bit of a rest, and see what would have happened.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 1

Consider the longterm outlooks for the state of Oregon, UofO, and the Pac12.

Havana and Detroit.  Recruiting coaches isn’t getting any easier.

On 12/3/2021 at 11:16 PM, latracey said:

I have to say I've had a funny feeling about Mario and his coaching commitment to Oregon for a week or so now, and I know I'm not the only person around here who has had these funny feelings

I thought the same especially after his unscheduled trip to Miami to see his sick mother. I wondered if his sick mother's name is "the U?"

Like l others I would rather he leave now and let the team pickup another coach sooner.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 9:40 AM, criticalduck said:

I thought the same especially after his unscheduled trip to Miami to see his sick mother. I wondered if his sick mother's name is "the U?"

Like l others I would rather he leave now and let the team pickup another coach sooner.

I don't know that MC is the type to use the "sick mother" excuse. Thats pretty low. I don't like his in game coaching but as a human being he seems pretty legit. If he did it is pretty shameful. 

• Thumbs Up 4

LH I get it. I have always tried to think that people are good humans but more often than not have been proven wrong. I hope I'm wrong.