Charles Fischer

Cristobal Addresses the Miami "Elephant" in the Room

OK...I am providing some quotes, but not the lame ones about the game.

On reports of his future…

“I don’t know what you mean when you say someone’s offered (a job). I haven’t talked to anybody. Let’s not create narratives. As we sit here in this press conference, Oregon is working on some stuff for me and that’s what I have right now.  That’s the extent of the conversation.”

On uncertainty surrounding his future…

“I would say if there’s something to report, I will report it.  I always have.  Over the years, because certain things are put out there or not.  Every year our entire staff, whether behind the scenes, whether public or not, we’ve always had different people come for our people, including myself, and how the media treats it and how they choose to posture it, I have no control.  As I just mentioned, that’s the extent of it.” 

On if players were distracted by rumors…

“I don’t know what to tell you.  I can tell you this, if I had any plans, if I had a decision to make or if I had something to report I would and I wouldn’t keep it one way or the other.  OK?  Do I expected people to come at me?  Yeah, I do.  It happens every single year.  Is there anything else to report besides that?  There’s nothing else to report besides that. When there ever is, if there ever is, I’ll make sure to get it to you as fast as I can.” 

On if he would listen to another job offer…

“I’m not going to get into hypotheticals. We just finished off and we played and coached very poorly and I think you understand I have a job to do.  I feel like we’re going in circles with the same answers.  You’re going to get the same response.”

Remember this fake smile from Taggart when he denied an offer from the state of Florida?

Taggart Video_FP.jpg

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

Miami suits him

• Thumbs Up 1

Better weather in Miami, go for it.   We should hire the Cinci Coach!   Udub is going after a big name.  AD, please don't get out-recruited at the coach level, make a good decision this time.

• Thumbs Up 1

“I don’t know what to tell you.  I can tell you this, if I had any plans, if I had a decision to make or if I had something to report I would and I wouldn’t keep it one way or the other. 

We know Mario is a great recruiter and that he isn't so great with certain aspects of game management and the Xs and Os; but is he the kind of a guy who bends the truth here and there to fit his narrative? Time will tell.

Call me gullible but I kinda think MC's telling the truth. As to last nights game being lost over rumors? Nah, they got their butt handed to them

just like the last time when there were no rumors. Simply outcoached and out hustled. Utes saw the egg uni's and thought "I'll have my Duck

eggs over easy"

Could have easily said he will be Oregon’s coach year but didn’t.  Not at all straight. In my mind he made the elephant bigger. 

Edited by DuckHeart
  • Thanks 1