McDuck

Great news!

Long rumored, now confirmed.  His performance last night was pathetic.

Akron: Oregon offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead is expected to accept the head coaching position at Akron today sources have shared with FootballScoop. Pete Thamel has tweeted the same. 

• Haha 1

Rather obvious he didn't enjoy his time in Eugene.

"My family and I are very excited for this opportunity," Moorhead said in a statement. "We can't wait to get back to a region of the country we consider home...

• Thumbs Up 3

Good riddance!

• Thumbs Up 1

I wish him well in his new venture and hope his family enjoy their new locale.

I also thank him for sharing his football prowess with the Ducks.

Next Man Up.  Go Ducks!!! 

He got tired of not being able to do what he preferred maybe?

yeah, this is the guy who said his family agreed to come to Eugene b/c they have a Trader Joe’s. 

I'm not here to pile on Moorhead, but I have to say that I've been disappointed with the offense of this "genius." It is very frustrating to see other teams move the ball down the field consistently and relentlessly against the Duck defense (nothing to do with Moorhead, of course) using quick slant passes over the middle of the field (Utah, WSU and others), and then to see the Ducks' offense fail to use that same strategy--particularly when faced with an opponent's effective pass rush. And, with a roster stocked with numerous outstanding--or potentially outstanding--tight ends, and frequently playing two of them at a time, fail to use them consistently as receivers in the 5-10 yard range. Puzzling to me to say the least.

On the positive side of things, I think Moorhead was a marked improvement over Arroyo. So, there's that...

Edited by WiseKwacker
  • Thumbs Up 1

Moorhead has had to devise an offense complex enough to confuse upper level and future pro college players but simple enough for an average high school QB to run. No wonder he just ran for the door.

• Thumbs Up 1