GODUCKS15

MC to Miami rumors

Per MC

"I haven't talked to anybody, so let's not create narratives as we sit here in this press conference," Cristobal said after the game. "Oregon's working on some stuff for me, and that's what I have right now, and that's the extent of that conversation.

"If there's anything to report, I'd report it. I always have."

Are we overreacting?

Cristobol could have put this to rest with these simple words, " i love Oregon and we are staying.  "   He didn't say that and i wonder why.  Leverage for a better contract?  or is there something to these rumors.    He did not say ever that he was staying.   so if you want him to go, you are hopeful.  If you want him to stay, you are worried. 

• Thumbs Up 1

He could have said, "Stay tuned" and accomplished the same thing, either way we're in limbo. 

On 12/4/2021 at 1:01 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

Are we overreacting?

of course, anyone negotiating a bigger contract would do the same.  I wouldn't walk into my bosses office and say hey just wanted to let you know i'm never leaving but a raise would be great.

• Haha 1

On 12/4/2021 at 1:01 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

Are we overreacting?

Nope. In spite of what MC is saying, Miami has contacted him and he is considering his options. That much has been reported by Colin Cowherd who was told as much by his friends in The Know. Cowherd says his friends who have details regarding the likelihood of Miami getting MC are telling him, "It's going to happen".

In addition, ESPN is reporting the following in an article they posted today about Cristobal:

"A university source told ESPN that it's "a coin flip" as to what Cristobal decides, noting that Clara Cristobal's health and returning home -- not financial reasons -- would be the driving factors if Cristobal were to consider taking the Miami job, if offered."

Edited by latracey

On 12/4/2021 at 1:05 PM, 30Duck said:

He could have said, "Stay tuned" and accomplished the same thing, either way we're in limbo. 

It's kind of win-win if you think about it.  

If he leaves, there will still be plenty of talent for the right guy.

If he stays, he has time to reflect on if he wants to win, or learn more lessons the hard way.

I'm very disappointed with the tread water performance.  But I still wish MC the best, and no matter where he goes, a good soul search may do him good because he is a B Minus coach right now.  

Championships require more.

So my question to every coach out there is: Are you serious about doing everything it takes to be your best, and get the best every day out of your team- including the willingness to leave your ego at the door?

Edited by Mike West
  • Thumbs Up 2

If MC flies to Miami tomorrow, it’s not to see his Mom.  He could have done that today.  I get that rationale second hand.

• Thumbs Up 1

One of the red flags for me is the fact that Moorhead is leaving for Akron, of all places, to be head coach. Is he feathering his landing knowing that MC is leaving? Perhaps.

Guest KingT

Mario is out recruiting today -- saw three kids before lunch, fyi...

Guest KingT
On 12/4/2021 at 3:18 PM, latracey said:

One of the red flags for me is the fact that Moorhead is leaving for Akron, of all places, to be head coach. Is he feathering his landing knowing that MC is leaving? Perhaps.

Moorehead wanted to be close to his family in PA and his son who plays D3 in PA/OH area. Not surprised at all he took Akron job, a really good fit for him. You could argue that if Mario was leaving that Moorehead would've stayed b/c he would be a candidate for Ducks job, so I think you could see this either way.

I think Mario will do his job until he has another job. Nobody will out work him.

Wish he would simply stop and listen to others who have already paved the road.

Go Ducks.....

• Thumbs Up 3

According to the Miami Herald Miami is going to offer 8 mil a year to MC

Also according to the MH an announcement will come by/on Tuesday

Back when he was hired, he said a lot of things, but about the connection to Miami he said.

During Cristobal's introductory press conference, I asked him flat out about the potential lure of Miami. He said then that he wanted to be at Oregon long term and finish the job of rebuilding the Ducks into a national power.

Will he do as stated, and finish the job? I suppose he could say he built it into a national power, but it could all potentially fall down if he leaves in this situation.

On 12/4/2021 at 4:20 PM, Haywarduck said:

Will he do as stated, and finish the job? I suppose he could say he built it into a national power, but it could all potentially fall down if he leaves in this situation.

National Power Programs do not fall flat on their faces when it matters most. Oregon already had national exposure and prominence before Mario ever set foot here. He knew when he accepted the job that the goal was national championships. So far he's given us mediocrity in a mediocre conference. Georgia, Alabama, Michigan, etc would have steamrolled the pac-12 this year and in many years. That's what Oregon should have done. That's what Mario should have done. The job he was hired to do. 

Edited by Krsmqn
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Personally MC has shown me that he might be a good fit for a Mountain West or the AAC maybe.

Both Miami and Oregon are willing to pay way to much for the product he has put on the field.

Its one thing to like somebody and another for them to do their job successfully. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/4/2021 at 4:37 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

Personally MC has shown me that he might be a good fit for a Mountain West or the AAC maybe.

Both Miami and Oregon are willing to pay way to much for the product he has put on the field.

Its one thing to like somebody and another for them to do their job successfully. 

I agree 100%. Mario has an average of three losses a year roughly, which isn't championship material. I understand that every year is different, but as you said, the product that he is putting on the field isn't getting it done. Something has to change, and although I like Mario, I think wholeheartedly that if this is the pinnacle of his product, then we need to start shopping around for an improvement. It's either that, or he needs to come to terms with his limitations and find help to bring to his program to elevate it. He needs to bring the right guy, not just any person who fits the mold. 

Edited by Krsmqn
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

818807515_ScreenShot12-04-21at07_08PM.thumb.PNG.9bd8c31d4e4fef6bff35b4130b1295ab.PNGPlane Airplane GIF

• Haha 2

Guest KingT

Reports are that Cristobal has accepted the job at Miami

Thats what Im seeing too