30Duck

Canzano says there is One Coach the Ducks should Target if Mario Leaves

• Thumbs Up 1

That was an interesting read...I have to admit I was wondering what Kelly might do with TT (if he stays)...

How many 4 and 5 stars go with him?

CHIP BOLTED. Willie and Mario left.

Hire an Oregon Man, a guy who defeated SC last night, a guy who has coached at CAL with hands tied behind his back: HIRE JUSTIN WILCOX!

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 2

On 12/5/2021 at 10:11 AM, Jon Joseph said:

CHIP BOLTED. Willie and Mario left.

Hire an Oregon Man, a guy who defeated SC last night, a guy who has coached at CAL with hands tied behind his back: HIRE JUSTIN WILCOX!

I'm a Bear and am always glad to see the Furry Woodland Creatures humble USC, so I say this with nothing but love and understanding: You really don't want that.

Edited by CalBear95

I agree with Jon Joseph..  Hire an Oregon man, Justin Wilcox.  

No more snakes and turtles from FL part of the world needed!

Pretty simple out here in the real world..  you either do as you say or you are a liar.

Give Mario until 3 pm today and then pull the offer.

He will either stay out of respect to himself or he will follow the snake,

As I've said, we are bout to see who Mario really is!!

Oregon wil survive..  We would not be losing Nick Saban lol

Mullens, you hired him, you know him,  for yours and our sake I hope you are on top of this!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm good with Chip too,  If he really wants to coach here.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/5/2021 at 10:24 AM, CalBear95 said:

You really don't want that.

I'm in agreement with CalBear95 on this one. Justin has trended mediocre as an HC so far.

Agree with the Wilcox hire, go all in on Oregon! 

Hiring Chip could never live up to the expectations, never. Chip was like one of those moments you try and recreate, but it was just a moment, can't be recreated. We shouldn't live in the past, move forward!

5wqb57.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Watching RedZone and the scrawl noted Joe Brady apparently just hit the market...just sayin' people!!!  LSU.  Burrow.  Yes?  Yes?!!!  Come at me on this one. 🙂

On 12/5/2021 at 10:30 AM, 30Duck said:

I'm in agreement with CalBear95 on this one. Justin has trended mediocre as an HC so far.

What coach have we hired who wasn't mediocre or unproven? Wilcox improved the Cal program until last year after we stole his DC. He can win and imagine what he would do with support, something he has little of at Cal. Also imagine how he would recruit, and the integrity he would have as the Oregon coach, as an Oregon native, Junction City.

Those are good points for Justin, and getting a Duck in charge would be great. But I wouldn't have him on the top of my list. Cal has not challenged for the North during his tenure. Recruiting to Cal isn't easy, so can't really judge him on that. 

To be clear up to 2019 Wilcox took at 5-7 team which was in disarray and went

2017 5-7

2018 7-6 lost a bowl game

2019 8-5 won his bowl game

not too shabby when considering who we have hired in the past. The past two years have been interesting for just about any program even Alabama.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like the idea of Justin Wilcox and Bill Musgrave teaming up to the coach the Ducks. A couple Oregon guys who will settle in and keep things real.

Let's face it. They won't be able to recruit the way Cristobal has........but I am not sure there would be a huge drop off either. 

I played high school sports against Wilcox. He manhandled me in football and basketball for 3 seasons even though he was a grade under me. 

He is a really good guy though, very humble and would be one of the highest character guys we have ever had.......if not the highest.

• Thumbs Up 4

Wilcox is intriguing. But I'm wondering if Coach Pete may be feeling the itch , , , 

On 12/5/2021 at 10:24 AM, CalBear95 said:

I say this with nothing but love and understanding: You really don't want that.

For a new guy...you are quickly becoming one of my favorite members posting!  Love your thoughts and writing...do so often!

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

I think we have recently hired because of the words, and maybe a bit of the eye test. It is time to hire because of the heart. When you think of who has the heart of Oregon, and can coach there are few choices.

Oregon has had connections to many great coaches in the past. USC can thank Oregon for over 230 of their wins from their Oregon connection. Few of this talent has ended up coaching at Oregon. It is time to bring one home so he can make that great history at Oregon

• Thumbs Up 2

As CalBear mentioned Joe Brady was just fired today by the Carolina Panthers.

His track record with Orgeron and Joe Burrow at LSU is very good.

Can we at least bring him in as the OC? Although head coach might be fine as well......not sure what his head coach experience is though.

Joe Brady,

Coached one season in college football. Had 1st round draft choice at qb, and WR in 2020 draft. A 1st round draft choice in 2021 draft at WR. 

He looked really good with that talent. Before and after not so good. 

I would definitely ask Sean Payton what he thought, but I am skeptical about a one year wonder.

Both Coach "O" and Brady are without jobs now that those guys are gone.

Ogeron to Oregon?

On 12/5/2021 at 12:31 PM, PittDuck said:

Ogeron to Oregon?

Not really sure thats a good idea.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32424787/inside-unraveling-ed-orgeron-lsu-tenure-just-21-months

Sounds like a train wreck.

• Thumbs Up 1

How about Chris Petersen.  Could be interesting