Guest KingT

Mario and Miami appear to be Close to a Deal

Guest KingT

It's apparently done. Reports out of Miami. Cristobal gone. Explains why he didn't sign UO offer yesterday.

If its true which I presume so then there's your good man.

Then we move on.

If he goes I'm happy for him, but if he goes down there and starts running a pass happy offense scoring 45 a game i might develop an eye twitch.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

And Clemson DC Brent Venables new HC at OK.

Good luck Mario and don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Looking forward to getting a coach that can manage a game and a game plan on the fly. Good luck Mario, try not to call timeout halfway into the national anthem this time.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/5/2021 at 9:32 AM, Jon Joseph said:

And Clemson DC Brent Venables new HC at OK.

Good luck Mario and don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.

If this is true and MC is gone, I really hope you are right and I’m wrong about the direction  of the program.

I agree. Did he learn this crap from Slick Willie. Time for Mullen’s to quit reaching out over his skis and higher someone that might hang around and grow the brand. Once again we are left standing behind the door. I guess Mullen’s is to blame for not doing his homework.

Guest KingT
On 12/5/2021 at 11:20 AM, KingT said:

It's apparently done. Reports out of Miami. Cristobal gone. Explains why he didn't sign UO offer yesterday.

Reporter now back pedaling from Miami: saying "neither Cristobal or Radkovich have signed" -- -ay yay yay...

Um.... Doesn't Miami still have a coach under contract? Haven't seen anything on Diaz being fired yet.

On 12/5/2021 at 9:40 AM, KingT said:

Reporter now back pedaling from Miami: saying "neither Cristobal or Radkovich have signed" -- -ay yay yay...

I haven't been able to find any confirmation. But either way... Go Ducks!

On 12/5/2021 at 9:39 AM, Southwest Duck said:

If this is true and MC is gone, I really hope you are right and I’m wrong about the direction  of the program.

Southwest Duck, you and me both!  My gut feeling is a lot of folks will be cursing Mario for leaving and for taking so many of our (his) 4 & 5 star players with him.

What do you want to bet the Alamo Bowl takes a pass on the Ducks this year?

• Thumbs Up 1

Given what he said at his post game interview on Saturday night, it's now clear he was just feeding everyone a load of subterfuge and dishonest crap. This didn't just get sprung on him last night. He's been in talks and negotiations with Miami for over a week now. 

Now we know why Moorhead bolted. He knew Mario was leaving and he either didn't want the Oregon job, or the feelers he put out told him he wouldn't get the Oregon job. Oregon played like they were unprepared to beat Utah because they, in fact, were unprepared.

As one person described him, Mario can sell ice cubes to Eskimos, but if this is how he conducts his business, I would have a hard time trusting him and anything he considers a "real relationship".  We know what kind of a coach he is, and now we know what kind of a man he is. What is it about coaches from Florida? 8 million a year will set him up for life, but as the Beatles so wisely pointed out, money can't buy you love.

* Added Note: It appears from information I just posted in the comments below that Mario, in fact, HAS NOT officially agreed to be Miami's coach. Miami has not hired a new AD and they have not fired Manny Diaz. It appears that the reports coming out of Miami are more wishful thinking than actual fact at this time. Please read the information I posted a few comments below from Matt Prehm of 247 Sports. 

• Like 1

Why did we kinda know this was going to happen all along?  You can lead a Hurricane Duck to Pacific waters, but you can’t turn him into an Oregon Duck.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Guess the booing got to him. 

• Like 1

In my opinion Miami just made a huge mistake, but its their mistake now.

• Thumbs Up 2

Pay what it takes to get a good coach from the West.  He won nothing but one Rose Bowl against a 3 loss team and wasted one of the best quarterbacks in todays NFL.  

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/5/2021 at 9:48 AM, GODUCKS15 said:

Guess the booing got to him. 

In 2 yrs or so the booting is going to get to him.

• Haha 2

Guest KingT

Just heard that Oregon increased offer to $9M and that Cristobal is due to a recruits house in Cali today. Omg this is nuts.

The one thing that is fishy about this report is that Miami hasn't hired a new AD (the guy from Clemson just got hired by Oklahoma), and Miami hasn't fired Manny Diaz. My sources in the know are saying that Mario's leaving is NOT a corroborated report. So everyone just hold your horses. Here is what Matt Prehm from 247 Sports says is the current situation:

Well what a way to wake up on a Sunday morning. There is a lot to get to.

First and formost, there is a lot of buzz coming out of Miami right now about Mario Cristobal getting the job. Clearly there is a report that is out there right now that says he's taken the job and will be paid in a big way. You can read that report here. Our Miami site has not reported it is done yet. David Leake of our Miami site has reason to believe Miami is confident Mario is in, but they didn't want it to happen this way at all. In terms of order of hiring Mario before Diaz separation and AD hire.

I do believe there is some questions in the reporting right now from those outside our own network. First of all, I know there hasn't been a team meeting by Oregon for the players to gather and learn what has happened. Second, I spoke with someone I trust who didn't say the reports of him to Miami are true, but instead said they could be but he has major doubts a final decision has been made and this is more so Miami feeling like they've got him when he's one step into the pool and trying to decide if he wants to go all in still. But the fact of the matter is that Oregon's head coach is generating more and more buzz about landing in MIami than staying in Oregon. Oregon's side also doesn't believe a final decision has been made one way or the other.

We've also got a few reports that say this isn't done yet. 

https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/1467538164571115525

https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/status/1467535898703110145

And for Rittenberg's part, Mario Cristobal was in different states the last two days recruiting with its coaching staff in hand. Ken Wilson and Joe Salave'a were with him to see Cyrus Moss and then Ben Roberts.

Right now we're all in a holding pattern. Oregon will be accepting a Bowl Game bid later today and that's expected to be the Alamo Bowl, which would require Mario Cristobal to do a press conference. We'll see if he shows up, and if he does, we'll be asking him about these reports once again.

Buckle up. It's gonna be a ride. I do not believe this is done, I expect Oregon AD Rob Mullens and their biggest boosters to put their heads together and either up the ante on Cristobal's contract or continue working with Mario on details of what he needs. Oregon won't go down without fighting this, and we'll have to see if we get closure here in the next 24 hours. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/5/2021 at 9:54 AM, KingT said:

Just heard that Oregon increased offer to $9M and that Cristobal is due to a recruits house in Cali today. Omg this is nuts.

Thats insane if you ask me.

• Thumbs Up 2

The ACC is even weaker than the pathetic PAC conference.

MC's recruiting will move Miami to the upper side of the ACC. Even with his weak coaching skills.

Just the 2022 Oregon recruits and players who will transfer will upgrade Miami significantly. 

When he signs with Miami, Mullens will begin the new search. Could be quite the cluster

Wow, thanks for all of that information, latracey

• Like 1

Right now I'm not believing anything of anyone. Way too much speculation.

• Thumbs Up 2

Miami has a lot to offer, family and friends probably being the most important.  Then consider weather and proximity to recruits and it is the leader.  Then consider that Florida does not have a state income tax.   Oregon's taxes incomes over $250,000 (married couple) at 9.9 percent.  That's a huge financial advantage.  Yes, Oregon has facilities, but those can be built.  So, in my view Mario is gone.

I'm sure Mullens has a list of HC candidates.  Hope Chris Peterson is on it.

I can’t find anything on espn or the Miami Herald Hurricanes sports page that says its a done deal. 

Hogwash maybe.

• Thumbs Up 2

It is clear Mario is taking care of himself, either way. I just want Mullens to take care of The Oregon Football Program, now!

Mullens should give Mario a deadline, we love Mario, we don't need to beg Mario, that isn't love, that is desperation. 

Desperation also comes from the lack of a plan, that is Mullens job. Mullens should be rounding third on an actionable plan for when Mario leaves.  

5wq8em.jpg

• Like 1

So I wonder what recruits living room Mario will be in when he gets the call and says yes to Miami. Then turns to the recruit and asks if he'd

like to go to Miami instead. 

On 12/5/2021 at 10:04 AM, GODUCKS15 said:

Right now I'm not believing anything of anyone. Way too much speculation.

For sure. 

If he had signed a contract then somebody would be scheduling a press conference.

Other than recruiting, MC moves slow and methodical. He doesn't need to rush this.

The longer he takes the more money he makes.

Mario is a smart guy.

Mario is an honest guy.

Mario has an agent.  An agent is expected to work to get a client the best possible deal.  Miami seems to be working with the agent on their best and final offer.

Mario’s bosses are free talk to him.  They are free to offer him and his agent their best deal.

Mario will consider offers and make a decision that is best for him and his family.

That is the deal.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would say that Mario is truly undecided, and he and his agent are working this situation for all it's worth to maximize his financial benefit, playing off the two schools against each other.

Edited by jrw

On 12/5/2021 at 10:34 AM, Vandownbytheriverduck said:

Fox News reporting

Yeah, there's a reliable source.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

0507F1A8-A4DD-4245-8165-8523B3C0B2FD.jpeg

On 12/5/2021 at 10:35 AM, jrw said:

Yeah, there's a reliable source.

The only reliable source will be from which school calls a press conference.

No matter what Miami offers, MC , his agent and wife should meet face to face with Mullens and PK. 

It's about honor and integrity. They gave a coach with a losing record, the second chance he desperately needed. His players went to bat for him.

Makes sense for a man who preaches loyalty and integrity to turn his back on those who gave him trust and their loyalty.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

If true, I'm wondering if Chris Petersen is ready to jump back in.

Anyone with me?

Guest KingT
On 12/5/2021 at 11:54 AM, KingT said:

Folks, if Mario wanted to stay, he would've taken the Oregon offer on the table and said let's go. But he hasn't. He clearly wants the Miami deal. It's one heck of a bargaining situation to lose to the same team in less than three weeks 75-17 and double your salary.

Guest KingT

Joe Brady fired today, ex LSU OC and widely believed to be QB whisperer for Joe Burrow. Just saying.

what up guys.. lurker who finally decided to sign up and join the discussions.. lol

Im really on board with going after Joe Brady!!!

This also unfortunately could go bad for Mario.  Brady is  MIAMI native.   I really want to be rid of Cristobal

1st off why does Mc have to sign a new contract today? Just so he can settle down a fan base? He can sign when he wants and it really

means nothing to anyone but him and the team and recruits. We have no idea what his real intentions are. For all we know he's 100%

committed to Oregon and is planning on signing a new contract when he gets off the recruiting trail.

Or he is playing both sides as anyone with a tad bit of negotiating skills would do.

On 12/5/2021 at 11:10 AM, KingT said:

Joe Brady fired today, ex LSU OC and widely believed to be QB whisperer for Joe Burrow. Just saying.

I agree 100% this is our best option to replace MC 

joe Brady!!! 

On 12/5/2021 at 11:16 AM, deschutesduck said:

Well that about sums it up.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the old saying, "Those who talk, don't know. Those who know, don't talk" applies to Mario's status here.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/5/2021 at 10:51 AM, SLCDucks said:

If true, I'm wondering if Chris Petersen is ready to jump back in.

Anyone with me?

My take on Chris is all the noise fried his love of coaching. I honestly don't think he wants or needs to go back to that crap. If memory is correct he and Helf had a conversation on flight about it all right before he stepped away.

Might have been a Canzano article.

Does that ring a bell?

Carpenter, Hester and Platt reported that it’s a done deal on ESPNU Radio a little over an hour ago.