Guest KingT

Player's Dad just Confirmed Cristobal leaving

Guest KingT

Chance Hudson just confirmed via Twitter. Manny Diaz just cancelled recruiting visits for the day and tmrw.

Nice work KingT. You have been right on top of this stuff and great about sharing. Really appreciate it!!

It's what we all expected. I assume we will see a press conference here by the end of the day.

Time for Bringing it All Back Home

It's on the Fox News app, he is headed to Miami along with most assistants.

A new beginning.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't believe this.

10 days before early signing...

Who will there be to coach in Alamo bowl...

College football has become nothing more than big business. 

Ow.

So, according to Canzano, we call Chip Kelly back?!?

On 12/5/2021 at 1:26 PM, DanLduck said:

It's on the Fox News app, he is headed to Miami along with most assistants.

I wonder which assistants he is not taking.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like the idea of a clean slate start. No in house hire. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd call Dave Aranda right now.  Maybe he is staying at Baylor but he has not yet signed an agreement and he has a lot of west coast ties.

I''m glad it is finally over but I also feel some sadness and definite anger.  Oregon is just getting shafted over and over again. 

Regardless of who they hire next, this guts the Ducks in the upcoming signing period and sets the program back yet again.  This program is far too good, its facilities so superior, its commitment to the team's success so total, and its resources so seemingly endless that this repeated outcome feels both totally unwarranted as well as baffling.

Edited by CalBear95
  • Thumbs Up 3

Don't know how to embed tweets so I just copied and pasted.  Bottom line is we still don't know the decision, probably because it hasn't been made.

Manny Diaz, in past 2 hours, has canceled today's trip to California for an in-home visit with an OL prospect, per Canesport's Matt Shodell. Staff had been recruiting this AM and early afternoon. Diaz awaiting word on his employment status while UM awaits the go-ahead from Mario.

Let me say I haven’t been told anything. Jus sending my appreciation to the family giving my support to whatever they decide. I hope he stays in which he’s gona be pissed at me for sending this early.

I trust that Pat Kilkenny and Uncle Phil have a plan.

• Thumbs Up 1

If true then Justin Wilcox just beat sc and has no obligations until next season. I hope we don't repeat the same pattern we have seen too often.

• Thumbs Up 2

Also, when the east coast pundits start talking about the C level targets the Ducks should target for 'reasons' I am going to be in a huff.  In their minds Oregon = an MSU or Iowa State.

Not that I should be in a kerfuffle because it is just the way that bias works and it is a waste of emotional energy.  But sometimes knowing a thing is different than being able to do that thing.

On 12/5/2021 at 1:41 PM, Haywarduck said:

If true then Justin Wilcox just beat sc and has no obligations until next season. I hope we don't repeat the same pattern we have seen too often.

Common man, Cal is a train wreck. No Thanks. 

Edited by VegasDuck
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/5/2021 at 1:41 PM, Haywarduck said:

Yep, we could have Wilcox and Musgrave ready to roll for the Alamo Bowl. Imagine what a boost of confidence and stability hiring both of these guys right away would infuse into this situation.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 1:45 PM, VegasDuck said:

Common man, Cal is a strain wreck. No Thanks. 

Cal is a train wreck for other reasons. There is absolutely no support in Berkley for football. 

• Thumbs Up 2

If true I hope the door doesn't hit him on the way out, actually I hope it does, he falls down the stairs, and then trips into the road and gets run over, twice. There I said it. Wow in a weird way I kind of feel better.

• Haha 3
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 1:18 PM, KingT said:

Chance Hudson just confirmed via Twitter. Manny Diaz just cancelled recruiting visits for the day and tmrw.

Might you have a URL link to the Twitter tweet you referenced?

On 12/5/2021 at 1:47 PM, Haywarduck said:

If true I hope the door doesn't hit him on the way out, actually I hope it does, he falls down the stairs, and then trips into the road and gets run over, twice. There I said it.

Nah.......I don't feel this way about it or him. He is doing us a favor. Do you really think he was going to change our offensive dysfunction anytime soon?

Best of luck to Mario Cristobal. He was a great coach (or maybe recruiter) for us and he is a good man. I don't blame him for wanting to be near his mom and make a lot of cash in his home town. More power to him.

I do however think he won't be nearly as successful in Miami. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I have to admit, if this is true, i am ticked off. The coaches screw over the kids every chance they get and a guy who portrays himself as different...actually isn't.  MC was given everything he needed here.  He claimed to be here for the long haul.  He was doing it his way.   Turns out his way wasn't really any different than WT.  

Just awful for recruiting.  

sigh.

But on the positive side, maybe we can get a coach who likes to throw the ball. 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 1:48 PM, ICamel said:

Might you have a URL link to the Twitter tweet you referenced?

Here you go

On 12/5/2021 at 1:50 PM, C J said:

Nah.......I don't feel this way about it or him. He is doing us a favor. Do you really think he was going to change our offensive dysfunction anytime soon?

Best of luck to Mario Cristobal. He was a great coach (or maybe recruiter) for us and he is a good man. I don't blame him for wanting to be near his mom and make a lot of cash in his home town. More power to him.

I do however think he won't be nearly as successful in Miami. 

Tend to agree, Mario was like a chef who could cook one thing very well. The problem is a restaurant needs many items to make it work. He doesn't have it to make the restaurant really work.

He was the elite recruiter from Alabama. He was also the failed coach from FIU, we got both. Miami just hired both, good luck with that.

• Thumbs Up 3

I can't blame a guy for leaving for a better job - no matter how he defines "better."  In this case, it's in his home state, at his alma mater, and with his elderly mom nearby.  Anyone on this board turn down a job you would have found preferable because you wanted to remain loyal to your employer, employees, customers, and/or co-workers?

Yeah, me neither.

The timing sucks but he didn't control the timing.  I hope this all works out for him...although I sure wouldn't want to work for an administration that hired a new coach before even firing the old one.  What a clown show.

Now it's time to get the right guy in here.  Knowing, of course, that he may eventually leave for his own alma mater...or to go back near family...or because someone threw an obscene amount of money at him.  

It's a business.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/5/2021 at 1:57 PM, Kurt Rambis said:

Knowing, of course, that he may eventually leave for his own alma mater...or to go back near family...or because someone threw an obscene amount of money at him. 

Yep, this is exactly why we hire Wilcox and Musgraves. They are returning to their homes and their alma mater. 

It has worked well for the Beavers and they don't have nearly the talent level we have.

• Thanks 1

tweeted 15 minutes ago 🤷‍♂️

and the follow up from a Miami Herald reporter

Edited by deschutesduck

It is amazing Miami gave him a deadline and we didn't? If this is true then Mullens is already dropping the ball. 

Mullens needs to be putting the next guy in place soon. He also needs to force Mario's hand so he can make a decision. This is business, not some sale on craigslist.

Hopefully, and I think this is probably true, Mullens isn't really making the full decision. Smarter minds are making the choice and probably having a lot of the calls made. 

Mullens has already played his Florida cards and they weren't a winning hand either time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yet another mess to clean up. 

Guest KingT
On 12/5/2021 at 3:18 PM, KingT said:

I'm retiring my non journalist credentials. This seems to be a huge clown show. Standing in front of all of you and saying, I'm sorry for misreporting what continues to be bizarre cross currents, conflict and strange stories. I clearly suck at this. Apologies if I've ruined any part of your day...

On 12/5/2021 at 2:15 PM, KingT said:

I'm retiring my non journalist credentials. This seems to be a huge clown show. Standing in front of all of you and saying, I'm sorry for misreporting what continues to be bizarre cross currents, conflict and strange stories. I clearly suck at this. Apologies if I've ruined any part of your day...

I think most if not all of us realize these are just rumors till anything is officially reported.  I appreciated you sharing the info, but include the tweet itself next time 😛

• Like 1

Fire MC! He's ruining our once dominant program.

On 12/5/2021 at 1:52 PM, C J said:

Not!

On 12/5/2021 at 1:47 PM, Haywarduck said:

If true I hope the door doesn't hit him on the way out, actually I hope it does, he falls down the stairs, and then trips into the road and gets run over, twice. There I said it. Wow in a weird way I kind of feel better.

If true I wish MC the best, he is a class act and turned our program around, 

I can’t fault a guy for returning home and taking 9 million per season.

• Thumbs Up 1

But the part that seems true is IF he signs, he effectively fires Diaz? Otherwise, Diaz keeps his job?

What planet am I on again?

On 12/5/2021 at 2:30 PM, nw777b said:

But the part that seems true is IF he signs, he effectively fires Diaz? Otherwise, Diaz keeps his job?

This seems like a big croc of dog s**T-  never heard of something like this in college football.

On 12/5/2021 at 2:30 PM, nw777b said:

yeah the you're not being hired to replace someone, you're being hired to fire them is pretty lame

Guest KingT

Players meeting called for 430, reported by Portland TV station.

So boosters make the decisions now. They hire a coach and then hire the AD. Really.....

For those not old enough to know...

When Miami was winning Championships it was a 3 ring circus  Clown show with a big top.

Still a clown show. They expect to hire MC with their program 4 years behind Oregon in top level recruiting.

And expect to win the Natty. Top notch recruiting classes, world class facilities at Oregon and still MC did not deliver a Natty.

How will it be different in Miami.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 2:51 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

So boosters make the decisions now. They hire a coach and then hire the AD. Really.....

For those not old enough to know...

When Miami was winning Championships it was a 3 ring circus  Clown show with a big top.

Still a clown show. They expect to hire MC with their program 4 years behind Oregon in top level recruiting.

And expect to win the Natty. Top notch recruiting classes, world class facilities at Oregon and still MC did not deliver a Natty.

How will it be different in Miami.

I expect Cristobal to be coaching a lower tier school in about 3 years or so-But.....He will have a lot of $$$$$

I do have a lot more respect about the process Mario is going through than the one slick went through. I will also say I was wrong about if Mario decides to stay he wouldn't have any validity as a recruiter. He could salvage his reputation, I just don't expect that.

I just want to see the program move forward and execute an offensive game plan, unlike our offense on the field.

On 12/5/2021 at 2:46 PM, KingT said:

Who?  Where?  Have a link?

On 12/5/2021 at 2:46 PM, KingT said:

Maybe they want to pitch their choice among current coaches to replace MC?

• Haha 1

You were trying to update us on what you thought was news. No harm there.

I have news from a very reliable source, though.

The ENTIRE Husky Football team and staff are opting out of their bowl game this year

• Haha 1

I hope, that Mullens, sees that some times, you just have to cut bait.  The lines are tangled, you have an expensive lure with gear that is hard to let go.  But fighting to save it, is time lost doing the work of fishing.  We have done BETTER with less, let me tell you.  I for one, have been happier with less, because it won.  Not by the skin of the teeth but by the beating of tush that people LOVED to watch that which was a blur.  BRING BACK THE BLUR!  Bartender, another round prease.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh, I just love a circus! Don't you?!

Go Mario! Go Mario!  Just go Mario!

Guest Axel

Puddles is irreplaceable. Cristobal is not. 

Ha!  Welcome to the club....want to know how many times I've been wrong on Duck News in the past?  Whew!  That is why I can hardly stand someone coming in and demanding we 

Mr. FishDuck

Guest KingT
On 12/5/2021 at 5:01 PM, McDuck said:

Who?  Where?  Have a link?

KVAL

Several reports that Miami has given Mario until noon Monday to make his decision. Do we know if that is noon Miami time or Pacific time?