Guest KingT

Player's Dad just Confirmed Cristobal leaving

Guest Axel
On 12/5/2021 at 2:30 PM, Southwest Duck said:

If true I wish MC the best, he is a class act and turned our program around, 

I can’t fault a guy for returning home and taking 9 million per season.

Getting humiliated twice in three weeks by the Utah Utes is called setting a program back, not turning it around. 

Guest KingT
On 12/5/2021 at 5:28 PM, Axel said:

Getting humiliated twice in three weeks by the Utah Utes is called setting a program back, not turning it around. 

75-17 I believe...and then doubling your salary 🙂

Guest Axel
On 12/5/2021 at 2:51 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

So boosters make the decisions now. They hire a coach and then hire the AD. Really.....

For those not old enough to know...

When Miami was winning Championships it was a 3 ring circus  Clown show with a big top.

Still a clown show. They expect to hire MC with their program 4 years behind Oregon in top level recruiting.

And expect to win the Natty. Top notch recruiting classes, world class facilities at Oregon and still MC did not deliver a Natty.

How will it be different in Miami.

Mario can recruit. Problem is, he can't coach. 

FYI....I don't know this guy.....

Screen Shot 12-05-21 at 05.32 PM.PNG

On 12/5/2021 at 2:59 PM, Haywarduck said:

I do have a lot more respect about the process Mario is going through than the one slick went through. I will also say I was wrong about if Mario decides to stay he wouldn't have any validity as a recruiter. He could salvage his reputation, I just don't expect that.

I just want to see the program move forward and execute an offensive game plan, unlike our offense on the field.

Oregon was in free fall when MC took over.  He did turn the program around and showed that you can recruit to Oregon.  So excuses of “you can’t recruit to Oregon” shouldn’t be tolerated in the future.  That is invaluable information that can take our program to the next level with the right coach.

• Thumbs Up 1

Christco should've been fired after the Stanford game. He should've been fired again at half time after the first Utah game when he kicked it to the punt returner at the end of the half instead of out of bounds. Christco should've been fired again for not challenging the 4 and 1 at the start of Conf champ game. And then fired for the second Brown threw the pick at the end of the half Friday giving Utah 9 points in last minute of the half. 

Edited by Warrenton

giphy.gif

On 12/5/2021 at 1:57 PM, Kurt Rambis said:

I can't blame a guy for leaving for a better job - no matter how he defines "better."  In this case, it's in his home state, at his alma mater, and with his elderly mom nearby.  Anyone on this board turn down a job you would have found preferable because you wanted to remain loyal to your employer, employees, customers, and/or co-workers?

Yeah, me neither.

The timing sucks but he didn't control the timing.  I hope this all works out for him...although I sure wouldn't want to work for an administration that hired a new coach before even firing the old one.  What a clown show.

Now it's time to get the right guy in here.  Knowing, of course, that he may eventually leave for his own alma mater...or to go back near family...or because someone threw an obscene amount of money at him.  

It's a business.

A voice of reason.

Cristobal busted his ass for Oregon. He had shortcomings, to be sure. Game preparation, clock management, player development, to name a few. But perhaps his greatest weakness was a stubborn streak and failure to make adjustments when they were so obviously needed. That was never more evident than in the 2nd loss to Utah.

Still, should he move on, I wish him well.

• Thumbs Up 2

Venables to OK and bringing Lebby.  OK may get a title yet just not with Riley.  Would have been a good pair but Kerby played at OK and Venables is one who could take OK into the SEC and recruit...and win.  

Fickell...kind of a bummer now he's in the playoff, lots of teams probably interested but too close to signing day.

MC can go and please do take all the assistants, our recruiting is great but little player development that I've seen, need better coaches