GODUCKS15

Wilcox as HC at Oregon

Did a lack of Covid protocols ruin Cals season?

Not saying JW's the best hire but it looks like some of Cals lackluster season can be blamed on Covid protocols. 

https://writeforcalifornia.com/p/justin-wilcox-california-golden-bears-covid

I think we can do better...

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

Me too if there $7-9M sitting on the table.

Ill do it for $35 an hour -just sayin--I may need some of your help though. 

Free Beers!!!

• Haha 3

Need an offensive minded coach who can bring back what put oregon on the map to begin with. 

Need someone who can recruit as well... That means younger (typically) which means there will be some bumps in the road along the way. 

I haven't got a clue who Oregon should go after if MC leaves. What I do know is that we will probably be set back 1-2 years in recruiting due to the fallout of this recruitment class and the transfer portal. 

I'm a little torn in my thinking right now. I'm not sure MC could bring us the national championship we all want... But I also don't know who the replacement for him would be and if we can do any better right now. 

Miami has issued an ultimatum that the contract they are offering is set for MC if he wants it and he has until tomorrow to accept. Now Oregon gets to make their move to try and keep him. 

This has not been a fun end of season that's for sure. We may be looking at interm coaches for both Oregon and Oklahoma in what will be the most lack luster bowl game in recent Oregon history. 

• Like 1

I wanted Justin when Taggert left. I'd love to him be our next Coach. He already has a relationship with Deryter and Yates. Bring former Duck OC Musgrave, he was an OC in the pros and knows what he is doing.

He has connections with high schools in Seattle, Los Angeles Bay Area and upper Mid West. He is an alumni and was a great player for us. That's a Win Win proposition and I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Do it now so there's time before early recruiting.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 2:01 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I think we can do better...

If we can pull David Aranda back to the west coast then yes. I don't want to see another short term fix who becomes a house fire again.

I think the bottomline question is who would do it, could do it quick and do it well in the short term, because we have to save recruiting. Recruiting, right now is critical for the next 4 years of this program. If recruiting this year is gutted, then we suffer, like a team with sanctions. That is basically what Cristobal is setting us up with.

I don't think Wilcox should be shackled with one poor season as his ceiling. The guy has integrity, is a good coach and would excel better at Oregon. Aranda would be ideal, west coast guy and I like the way he holds himself. Might seem crazy, but he just has a presence on the sideline I have never seen Cristobal have. Wilcox has the same look to me.

• Like 1

I have no clue who we should get but NO WAY is MC worth 9 mil a year.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/5/2021 at 2:26 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

I have no clue who we should get but NO WAY is MC worth 9 mil a year.

Chasing somebody who doesn't want to be here longterm with money is stupid money, bottomline. Give him until 5:00 tonight or he stays under the old contract because he wants to be here. If he needs more time let him pay for it.

• Thumbs Up 4

Wasn't Wilcox in the mix when MC got the job and word was interest from JW was very lukewarm?

Word on one of the Husky sites was his agent was trying to get his name into the UW coaching search due to interest from JW, but the UW never really had him near the top of their list.

All I remember about Wilcox was when he was dropping F-Bombs in the coaches box when Stanford was running all over his USC defense. lol

If USC can get Lincoln Riley we sould be able to find a splash hire too. Urban Meyer will be fired from the NFL soon. Why don't we talk to him? Meyer's the one who inspired the spread offense at Oregon to begin with while Bellotti was still coach. We would win a natty for sure with Meyer.

A big "Hell no" to Meyer.  That guys always sticks his finger where it doesn't belong.