30Duck

6 Coaches Oregon Should Consider

Dave Aranda would be a big get, albeit maybe not a perfect fit.  He's a defense-minded coach so if he were to come to Oregon then he'd need to search for an exceptional OC as his offense typically scores around 25-30 pts a game.  Plus he's expressed that he wants to stay in Baylor so it may be moot.

Joe Prady would be a splashy hire, instant offense credibility comes with him...the QB and WR rooms would be ecstatic to see him.  He's never been an HC before at the FBS or pro levels so it would be a question of how well he'd be able to manage an entire program.

Despite what others say, Chip coming back wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.  The point about the game catching up to the hurry up offense is true....however if he were to step into Oregon now, he'd be working with a roster head and shoulders above anything he's worked with previously in terms of talent.  He brought enormous success with primarily 3*'s and a handful of 4*'s....what could he do with primarily 4*'s and 5*'s?

On 12/6/2021 at 11:27 AM, kirklandduck said:

Chip coming back wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing…He brought enormous success with primarily 3*'s and a handful of 4*'s....what could he do with primarily 4*'s and 5*'s?

Not many 5*s want to be told what to eat, when to sleep, or that making your bed will make you successful in football.

Chip had his time at Oregon.  But the next coach could certainly leverage the play analysis articles and videos on FishDuck’s site to resurrect some of the best offense in school history.

Edited by Duck1984
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I really want to thank Coach Cristobal for everything he did for the Oregon program. I know that’s a tough decision when the other choice is home and the fact that his mom is having health concerns. It’s tough, and I wish him and his family the best. 

As far as who I would like to see contacted, it’s Lane Kiffin or Josh Heupel. Kiffin is a name that I think can really keep a recruiting class together and Heupel has such a strong record of explosive offenses.