Duck1984

Will Uncle Phil Give Up His Dream?

Three attempts at outsider coaches to bring a national championship to Oregon later, will Mr Nike conclude that it feels better when the Ducks have true Oregon men in charge?

• Thumbs Up 1

I think PK knows exactly what it takes to win and tried to help Mario get there. Mario may have been too ignorant to realize just how lucky he was with the shrewd support he received.

I mean slick was given Leavitt to fix the defense, and he did it, the money was crazy at the time. Cristobal couldn't score, he was given Moorhead one of the better offensive minds in football, and he blew it. Moorhead didn't blow it, Cristobal blew the chance to use the one piece he really needed to win big.

The next guy will get the same, and, my bet, do better with it. My bet we don't spend crazy money on anybody, but the support staff will be second to none. The facilities are second to none. PK knows what he is doing, needs to do to win. 

We won't be throwing crazy money just at a head coach, it will be wholistic approach. You come here and you will have everything, I mean everything you could ever want to make a winning team. That will be the selling point, not the 8-10 million, it will be a lot, but it won't be just about the money like most jobs, and promises of things way down the road which may never materialize. 

My bet, it works this time, Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 1

6 million base, incentives to win the division, win the conference, win the Rose Bowl, win the Natty.

Do it the old fashioned way... EARN IT

Edited by Mike West
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/6/2021 at 11:58 AM, Duck1984 said:

Three attempts at outsider coaches to bring a national championship to Oregon later, will Mr Nike conclude that it feels better when the Ducks have true Oregon men in charge?

Just due to Phil's age I can see this being perhaps the last coaching hire he plays a major role in at Oregon... assuming it goes well. 

I think we will see Oregon pull out all the stops to get someone who get Uncle Phil the championship he wants.