Charles Fischer

Second De-Commit Just Happened...

Both he and Tanner Bailey are from Alabama...

Mr. FishDuck

This is where I am greatly disappointed in MC leaving with only what, a week left for signing day?  This is going to be a mess.  Thanks MC for the timing of your departure.  This is going to hurt Oregon badly in recruiting.  How is Oregon going to be able to hold this recruiting class when the recruits don't even know who the next coach and staff will be?

Sorry, I do have to get over my disappointment and hope those in charge makes the next search correctly.  Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 1

This is why I think Mullens needs to make a quick decision. He should of known this was coming for a lot longer then a couple weeks and he should be prepared.

Bring in Wilcox and Musgrave and settle the ship. They likely have some decent recruits they could bring along too.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 2:51 PM, C J said:

This is why I think Mullens needs to make a quick decision. He should of known this was coming for a lot longer then a couple weeks and he should be prepared.

Bring in Wilcox and Musgrave and settle the ship. They likely have some decent recruits they could bring along too.

I thought about Wilcox, and a great OC...but could he an Musgrave kill it in recruiting?

At one time....coaches recruited well to Cal.  Key defensive players that could have helped us win the 'Natty such as Shaq Thompson went to Cal, so it CAN be done.  But the two coaches above are 3-Star Kings of recruiting, and have not shown the juice needed at recruiting, IMHO.

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/6/2021 at 2:53 PM, JDuck said:

I thought about Wilcox, and a great OC...but could he an Musgrave kill it in recruiting?

Yes........because Phil Knight and Nike are the real recruiters. 

I mean come on. Obviously Cristobal is not someone that kids parents should of been trusting it seems at this point. 

Trust in Phil Knight and trust in Nike......trust in Oregon as a program not in a specific coach. But with Wilcox at least parents and kids know he won't bail like our good buddy Cristo-bail.

Edited by C J
  • Thumbs Up 2

Their highest rated commit would rank 15th in the 2022 Oregon class.

On 12/6/2021 at 2:56 PM, McDuck said:

Their highest rated commit would rank 15th in the 2022 Oregon class.

Well.........what exactly did our incredible recruiting do against Utah here recently?

There is way more to college football then recruiting and believe me when I say Wilcox and Musgrave will recruit way better to Oregon than they did to Cal.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 2

Banks? Has to be headed to TX or A+M?

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Mario!  You were plucked from obscurity and made wealthy beyond your dreams.  And…..this is your payback?   “Thanks”(all sarcasm implied)

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/6/2021 at 2:40 PM, NJDuck said:

This is where I am greatly disappointed in MC leaving with only what, a week left for signing day?

Would have been worse if he waited until after signing day.  That would have been disingenuous to the recruits and we would have to have released them from their LOIs

I think a player would be silly not to decommit, they might as well explore options till Oregon gets a new coaching staff in place, it's not like they can't still sign with Oregon if they want to.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest KingT
On 12/6/2021 at 4:32 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Both he and Tanner Bailey are from Alabama...

On 12/6/2021 at 4:59 PM, Jon Joseph said:

A&M I believe

Guest KingT

Gang, strap on the seatbelt, we will lose at least 30-40% recruits. It's gonna hurt. I heard Mario did tell recruits that they signed onto Oregon for the virtues of Oregon and that they should stick with their beliefs in Oregon, etc. But look it's gonna be a big recruiting hit, it's just the way things are in this era. There will be some recovery and the portal will help quite a bit in my view.

On 12/6/2021 at 2:54 PM, Charles Fischer said:

At one time....coaches recruited well to Cal.  Key defensive players that could have helped us win the 'Natty such as Shaq Thompson went to Cal, so it CAN be done.  But the two coaches above are 3-Star Kings of recruiting, and have not shown the juice needed at recruiting, IMHO.

If they could coach up 3 stars to perform well just imagine a 4 or 5 star being coached up! 

It seems that Oregon in the last 4 Cristobal years were coached down and held back with the Plodding Pistol and conservative boring offense! 

I prefer someone who can make players better.  The Oregon line this year and last still can't pass block!

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I’ll say it again the kids that bolt are probably not the kids we need. If it was their childhood dream to be a duck they would stay. Next man up. 

Remember also that some of these long range kids made their decisions upon MCs promise to their parents to coddle their child for 3 to 4 years being away from home. Homesickness is a real thing. 

Daddy has gone east. There will be more.

Guest KingT

Rumors are that Flowe is entering the portal.

There will be many more. Hiring a new coach within the next week will be key.

On 12/6/2021 at 3:14 PM, Smith72 said:

If they could coach up 3 stars to perform well just imagine a 4 or 5 star being coached up! 

It seems that Oregon in the last 4 Cristobal years were coached down and held back with the Plodding Pistol and conservative boring offense! 

I prefer someone who can make players better.  The Oregon line this year and last still can't pass block!

Well said and I couldn’t agree more. Watching our Ducks this year started to remind me of Carrol’s Trojan teams that were all about flash and short on fundamentals-like basic tackling. Those Trojan teams seem to under utilize their talents as we did this year.

I’ve been wondering for a while how the Boise States, the BYU’s, I’ll even throw in FSU; manage to year in, year out, regardless of coach, significantly out-perform their talent level.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/6/2021 at 3:21 PM, KingT said:

Rumors are that Flowe is entering the portal.

Can't stay healthy anyway. Not really a loss in my mind as he has played what.......maybe 40 snaps in two seasons???

On 12/6/2021 at 3:34 PM, Shawn Rutter said:

I’ve been wondering for a while how the Boise States, the BYU’s, I’ll even throw in FSU; manage to year in, year out, regardless of coach, significantly out-perform their talent level.

Exactly. This is what we need. It was honestly all I could do to muster watching our games any longer. It wasn't the plodding offense or the boneheaded game management as much as it was what seemed like a lack of desire.....almost a sense of entitlement that just made me disinterested.

Edited by C J
  • Thumbs Up 1

Man O man CJ, that was me. Maybe I’m regressing emotionally as I age, but for my own mental health I had to turn games off early, like first quarter early, for the sake of my own sanity and to salvage weekend. With the exception of The OSU win(thank you Joe Morehead), most of our wins felt like mirages that shoulda been losses, and felt like losses.

Edited by Shawn Rutter
Precision
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

5 star OT, not surprising since he was surely recruited by Cristobal and Mirabal 

On 12/6/2021 at 3:58 PM, C J said:

Well.........what exactly did our incredible recruiting do against Utah here recently?

There is way more to college football then recruiting and believe me when I say Wilcox and Musgrave will recruit way better to Oregon than they did to Cal.

Well... our head coach was already checked out when we played Utah 3 1/2 weeks ago, and we have one of the youngest teams in the nation. 

I'm certainly not going to start blaming the kids given given the crap-show that they've just endured... and are enduring.

On 12/6/2021 at 2:59 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Nailed it.

Guest Axel
On 12/6/2021 at 3:03 PM, Duckdude said:

Thanks, Mario!  You were plucked from obscurity and made wealthy beyond your dreams.  And…..this is your payback?   “Thanks”(all sarcasm implied)

Mario, in his nonsensical interview today with John Canzano, spoke about his coaching philosophy of going "100 miles per hour 100 percent of the time."

This must not have applied to the Utah games, where Mario's brain and overall effort topped out around 12 m.p.h.

MC lighting a match and torching the place on his way out. Good times...

On 12/6/2021 at 5:32 PM, Axel said:

Mario, in his nonsensical interview today with John Canzano, spoke about his coaching philosophy of going "100 miles per hour 100 percent of the time."

This must not have applied to the Utah games, where Mario's brain and overall effort topped out around 12 m.p.h.

Would have been nice if every once in a while he slowed down enough to actually see what was happening in the game and coached accordingly.

Edited by Buzby
poor spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/6/2021 at 9:07 PM, Buzby said:

Would have been nice if every once in a while he slowed down enough to actually see what was happening in the game and coach accordingly.

You mean like punting the ball to mid field with 4 seconds left in the half at Utah. Yeah, I was there. I screamed in disbelief as the ball landed in the returners hands.

On 12/6/2021 at 8:11 PM, Warrenton said:

You mean like punting the ball to mid field with 4 seconds left in the half at Utah. Yeah, I was there. I screamed in disbelief as the ball landed in the returners hands.

Makes you wonder if the Canes did their due diligence on him. Or watched any game of his-ever.

On 12/6/2021 at 3:32 PM, Axel said:

It wouldn't have mattered anyways. MC is a one trick pony, not dynamic at all.  If he doesn't learn to loosen the reigns and let the OC call the plays, his team(s) will never make it to any playoffs.