Charles Fischer

Cristobal Explains His Decision to Canzano...

Pardon me while I turn to hurl...

Cristobal Opens up on Decision to Leave Oregon in Radio Interview by Jared Mack of Duck Territory 247

Cristobal and Pimpleton GB FP.jpg

Won't need these photos any more....

• Haha 3

Mr. FishDuck

YAWN. But thank you for the post. Hire someone who cares about the University of Oregon. Hire someone who does not come with the post-game platitudes. Hire a coach with a real upside.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

I think it was a classy move by MC.

He didn't have to call in to bft. 

I think the all in effort he gave Oregon the past 5 years is sign enough he cared about the school, community and the players.

Oregon will always be a stepping stone now. After firing Helfrich, it's clear we have no patience.

After reading all the "criticism" of MC here this year, it seems we on FD lack patience also.

Well we got what many wished for.

It may cost us 2-3 more years of waiting, but the current roster is young and full of potential. I hope we can find someone who can make the most of it.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Guest KingT

I'm not happy but can't blame him for leaving. I do blame him for bad failures in the last three weeks of the season. But it's his home, his wife's home, their culture, a beautiful place to live -- I can 100% understand the why part. Not to mention doubling your income. The timing hurts but it's a big business and feelings get hurt. Mario put this operation on a much better footing. An accomplished Coach will come in and do wonders with this young roster, provided most of it stays intact.

The man has gone home.  It is what it is and understandable.  Let's move on and make the future good!

Should be an exciting time still.

• Thumbs Up 1

He sounded a tad depressed-Like it was a tough decision for him.

Its water under the bridge now.

I have the utmost faith(kinda) in Mullens and PK to right the ship.

Been there done that. Mario who?

I hope for his sake he doesn't get "Diaz'ed" some day. I can't think of a more classless move by an athletic department.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ya, I think that was an awful way to treat a current coach.

On 12/6/2021 at 3:20 PM, DanLduck said:

I think it was a classy move by MC.

He didn't have to call in to bft. 

I think the all in effort he gave Oregon the past 5 years is sign enough he cared about the school, community and the players.

Oregon will always be a stepping stone now. After firing Helfrich, it's clear we have no patience.

After reading all the "criticism" of MC here this year, it seems we on FD lack patience also.

Well we got what many wished for.

It may cost us 2-3 more years of waiting, but the current roster is young and full of potential. I hope we can find someone who can make the most of it.

If we don't lose too many, there is a ton of talent.  A good recruiter can keep it going, fix some losses with transfers. 

But most of all...get someone who can coach, not just recruit. Develop talent, it's not automatic just because some service gave you 5 stars.  MC and staff didn't seem to do that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Extended family on the wife’s side with the potential power of future wealth and influence may have blinded Miami and Mario.

Good luck to them.

Edited by Duck1984

Q: HOW DIFFICULT WAS YOUR DECISION?

A: I mean, I really don't have a circle. I just kind of work. You know, whenever you get to see the kids and the wife I do so it's the most grueling, difficult, painful decision that and I'm glad it is. I would be disappointed myself if it wasn't. And if it wasn't that way, then it wasn't real. Every part about this thing was real. Every ounce of investment so butthurt let it be painful. At the same time happy for those and for myself going forward. And this will be always huge, huge fan cheering from afar, man always appreciate you, man.

Can someone translate this coach speak for me cause I don't know what he just said or was trying to say.

• Thumbs Up 1

As a family man and person, I am excited for Mario. Going home is a call that many of us have felt. It plays on one of our deepest emotions......

Regret...

MC was torn about his decision...

As a fan ask yourself this question.

Based upon the results of the last 3 games, was MC and his staff capable of getting Oregon to the CFP?

IMHO, no. Their was no sign of change by MC from the play call when we fumbled a sure win against Stanford, away. A few years back.

To the last 3 games. Other than ditching the pistol. His process and coaching mindset were predictable.

On day 1 to the last day. Predictable.

Wow, he really is just one soundbite after another.