cartm25

The Hits Keep Coming . . . 5-Star Banks Decommits

It's ok, the new coach will have his recruits. I know it's not going to be easy but we should be ok. WE ARE OREGON. WE ARE THE NEW BLUE BLOOD.

JUSTIN WILCOX, AREANDA FROM BAYLOR OR SITAKI FROM BYU  FOR CHRISTMAS.

Edited by Duck 1972
Didn't finish accidentally posted.
  • Like 1

It's not unexpected.  Kelvin Bank's primary recruiters were Cristobal and Mirabal.

On 12/6/2021 at 5:28 PM, Duck 1972 said:

It's ok, the new coach will have his recruits. I know it's not going to be easy but we should be ok. WE ARE OREGON. WE ARE THE NEW BLUE BLOOD.

JUSTIN WILCOX, AREANDA FROM BAYLOR OR SITAKI FROM BYU  FOR CHRISTMAS.

We'd like to think we are the new blue-blood. We came close with Kelly. But the proof is in the winning.

• Like 1

We have been best on the West coast. We have the most wins and titles to prove it even with all of the turmoil for decades now.

We have the Nike Connections. We have the best fans. We have the best facilities. We are going to be OK. I know I'm optimist but I believe why worry about it. 

It's going to happen 1 day at a time. We have to trust our administrators and AD Mullens to do the job. I believe they will.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 2

All the crystal balls on Portland-area, 4-star WR Darrius Clemons have switched from Oregon to Auburn. 

Breaking news! Just In. Double 5 Star recruit Anthony Brown transferring to Miami according to "sources".

Edited by VegasDuck
  • Haha 3
  • Like 1

The sad fact is that, just like happened at Oklahoma when Riley left, some of our player and most of our recruits will be recommitting elsewhere. Also, expect Cristobal to take a fair share of them. It's just the way the cookie crumbles, unfortunately.

The one thing that could somewhat stem the outflow would be a quick new HC hire.

• Thumbs Up 1

Getting a new HC quickly is important to not miss the early signing period and keep some of this class intact.

Granted... this will NOT be a top 10 class. Whoever takes over will need to work to ensure it is a top 20 class. It will be a set back in terms of incoming talent but there is so much young talent on the roster already that it won't hurt the program.

The most important players the new coach must recruit are the ones on the roster to encourage them to not leave for the transfer portal.

Lets be honest most of these recruits won't see any real playing time for another year. Hope we can keep the guys we have. Lets see them play!!

On 12/6/2021 at 5:33 PM, jrw said:

All the crystal balls on Portland-area, 4-star WR Darrius Clemons have switched from Oregon to Auburn. 

If Darrius is switching because Mario is leaving, he was not paying attention.

Mario leaving could not be better for any receiver considering the Ducks.

• Thumbs Up 2

With Texas new NIL giving $50,000 to each offensive lineman on scholarship I think Banks may end up there.

Bill O'Brien as Head Coach, perfect fit.  Offensive Genius, NFL coaching background and look what his Alabama offense did to Georgia!  Coached Tom Brady, a developer of great QB's. Absolute perfect fit!  2nd Choice: Luke Fickell 3rd Choice:  Kiffin

Guest KingT

Banks was already headed to A & M pre Mario. He just didn't announce until this week but it was consensus that he was flipping.