Charles Fischer

No Surprise: Thibodeaux Declares for NFL Draft and Skips Bowl Game

Mr. FishDuck

latracey....I hope you don't mind that I deleted your post before anyone commented since I just posted the same thing!

But I really appreciate you posting articles and tweets--I am grateful to everyone doing that, and having the "double-posting" problem is a fantastic problem for this community to have.  Bless you all!

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

I dislike it in general, especially since football is what paid for their time at school, but I understand it. Nothing good can come out of that game for KT, but plenty bad can (Injury). I wonder how NIL "sponsors" will feel about such things?

On 12/6/2021 at 7:38 PM, Buzby said:

I wonder how NIL "sponsors" will feel about such things?

Love it since healthy chattle is more valuable.

Great, even the best player is jumping ship so another loss is pending. Can't say as I blame him. Why risk a high draft pick to play in an exhibition for an interim coach.

On 12/6/2021 at 8:00 PM, Warrenton said:

Great, even the best player is jumping ship so another loss is pending. Can't say as I blame him. Why risk a high draft pick to play in an exhibition for an interim coach.

Oklahoma’s star linebacker made the same decision.  Other Oklahoma players have entered the transfer portal.  Some recruits have backed off commitments.

Oklahoma is also suffering a coaching transition.  

Why do you believe the Ducks loss is pending?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/6/2021 at 11:26 PM, Duck1984 said:

Oklahoma’s star linebacker made the same decision.  Other Oklahoma players have entered the transfer portal.  Some recruits have backed off commitments.

Oklahoma is also suffering a coaching transition.  

Why do you believe the Ducks loss is pending?

It just feels like that type of season.

On 12/6/2021 at 10:33 PM, Warrenton said:

It just feels like that type of season.

Ask yourself if the Oregon team without KT could have possibly beaten tOSU in the Shoe?

An interim coach with the same roster could certainly beat Oklahoma on a neutral field.

Edited by Duck1984

On 12/6/2021 at 11:36 PM, Duck1984 said:

Ask yourself if the Oregon team without KT could have possibly beaten tOSU in the Shoe?

An interim coach with the same roster could certainly beat Oklahoma on a neutral field.

That team was motivated as hell. I'm not so sure now.

On 12/6/2021 at 10:43 PM, Warrenton said:

That team was motivated as hell. I'm not so sure now.

Are you sure that young studs don’t want to show up a coach that wouldn’t play them because he said they didn’t give the Ducks the best chance to win?

Heck, even I could unleash the emotions of these young Ducks.

Edited by Duck1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/6/2021 at 11:47 PM, Duck1984 said:

Are you sure that young studs don’t want to show up a coach that wouldn’t play them because they didn’t give the Ducks the best chance to win?

Heck, even I could unleash the motivation of these young Ducks.

We'll see. I hope.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bottom line: holiday bowl games have become a total joke.

Making sure everyone sees this again, and THANKS Annie!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/6/2021 at 11:47 PM, toketeeman said:

Bottom line: holiday bowl games have become a total joke.

Spot On! There are 3 relevant bowl games: the Playoff semifinals and the champ game. T is doing exactly what he should. To risk injury playing for an interim coach in an also-ran bowl vs the 3rd best team in the B12 would be senseless. And his decision in today's world will not at all negatively influence where he goes in the NFL draft.

I honestly believe that unless it is an NY6 many the player, draft eligible or not, would opt out.

BTW: If Brown starts against Oklahoma, I'm opting out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is this news actually a surprise to anyone? The kid literally holds a lottery ticket and the virtually meaningless Alamo Bowl could potentially cost him millions of dollars.

He made the intelligent decision. End of story. Let's be grateful for having him at Oregon for three years.

What KT decided to do is just another example of what is so wrong with college football today. Back before the CFP and the NY6 turned the season into reward for a select few and spoils for the other 96%, star players didn't opt out of their Bowl games

Of course, back then they all mattered. There were about 20 of them and they were a reward for a great season. Now there are 84 Bowl games, 6-6 teams are being rewarded?