Warrenton

Players transferring

With MC gone, I've heard rumors of players transferring including a transfer to Utah of all teams. Go figure. Anyone else hear any rumors.

let em go --they really weren't OREGON DUCKS afterall.

Well there are a lot of players from Utah that MC and co grabbed from the state. I wouldn't be surprised if some take the opportunity to go home.

All the more important for Oregon to make solid hire quickly.

On 12/6/2021 at 9:01 PM, David Marsh said:

Well there are a lot of players from Utah that MC and co grabbed from the state. I wouldn't be surprised if some take the opportunity to go home.

All the more important for Oregon to make solid hire quickly.

Makes you wonder how Utah is competitive with Oregon plucking all the best players from the state.

Edited by Warrenton

On 12/6/2021 at 8:05 PM, Warrenton said:

Makes you wonder how Utah is competitive with Oregon plucking all the best players from the state.

Mormon population... lots of Utah's (and BYU's) players go on missions for two years. When they return they are two years older. I mean Britain Covey is 24 years old and has eligibility remaining (partially due to a medical redshirt). An older player is going to be more adult in their body which means they will be bigger. Even with all the star power Oregon has from recruits it is difficult for an 18 year old in an 18 year old's body to be as developed as a 22 or 23 year old.

Oregon has better athletes but Utah has older players... few freshman have adult bodies... Noah Sewell is rare in that regard. Even KT has a freshman wasn't as developed as he is now three years later.

On 12/6/2021 at 9:07 PM, David Marsh said:

Mormon population... lots of Utah's (and BYU's) players go on missions for two years. When they return they are two years older. I mean Britain Covey is 24 years old and has eligibility remaining (partially due to a medical redshirt). An older player is going to be more adult in their body which means they will be bigger. Even with all the star power Oregon has from recruits it is difficult for an 18 year old in an 18 year old's body to be as developed as a 22 or 23 year old.

Oregon has better athletes but Utah has older players... few freshman have adult bodies... Noah Sewell is rare in that regard. Even KT has a freshman wasn't as developed as he is now three years later.

They would argue that its not a benefit because these kids are not working out and conditioning like other athletes. I don't know for sure but when they are away on a 2 year mission football seems to take a back seat. 

On 12/6/2021 at 9:58 PM, VegasDuck said:

They would argue that its not a benefit because these kids are not working out and conditioning like other athletes. I don't know for sure but when they are away on a 2 year mission football seems to take a back seat. 

It's not football, but Isaac Johnson seems to be doing ok for Altman.  Plus, some of these missions are directed for the student athletes to continue their training = two birds/one stone.

On 12/6/2021 at 7:55 PM, Warrenton said:

With MC gone, I've heard rumors of players transferring including a transfer to Utah of all teams. Go figure. Anyone else hear any rumors.

Sources?

You know what they say about rumors?  They might be just made up.

Cam Rising must be about 35 judging by the looks of his hairline.

• Like 1