Log Haulin

USC is Getting Uncomfortable

Read same article. Nice to know they still know we are their Kryptomite.

• Thumbs Up 2

If Tedford still wants to coach, I'd go after him for damn sure.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, how about Eric Boles ?????

• Haha 1
  • Like 3

Pretty good article until they brought up Jeff Tedford...

• Haha 1

Thanks for posting but this is a US(C)ELESS article. Joe Brady was just fired by the Panthers. Has never been a HC. Has no recruiting track record. Joined LSU when it had one of the best rosters in CFB history.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/7/2021 at 8:22 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Thanks for posting but this is a US(C)ELESS article. Joe Brady was just fired by the Panthers. Has never been a HC. Has no recruiting track record. Joined LSU when it had one of the best rosters in CFB history.

Agree 100 %

USC scored a major league home run with Riley. Unfortunately, once again we're basically left fighting for leftover table scraps.

Joe Brady is a high risk/high reward candidate.  He would definitely raise the offense profile and that comes with some attraction for recruits.  The question would be can he manage his own football program competently and competitively?

I'm not sure why some are anti-Tedford...overall he's a very good experienced coach and skilled at designing a good offense.  The only question for him would be would his health hold up, especially with such competitive recruiting efforts nowadays.

Edited by kirklandduck

Aranda and Campbell would be my dream come true candidates. Both men are great coaches who I think would do well at Oregon. It's interesting to me that Aranda hasn't signed his Baylor contract yet, as far as we know. 

The 8 million dollar question is: Would either man leave their present situation for Oregon? Time will tell.

• Thumbs Up 2

the question is, if Tedford could be the head ball coach and get a Brady for the offense and head coach in training since Tedford is well 60, remember, Oregon needs an OC and Head Coach it might be very attractive overall for both, he could learn from Tedford, while building his offense, then when Tedford retires in a few years, he has his people in place, learned everything, and can take the reigns. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Grammar police alert!

Ahhh, never mind!

I really think Tedford would be the wrong choice.

I agree that Aranda and Campbell , and possibly Kilani Sitake would be better choices.

For me, Wilcox is a non-starter.

Aranda would be my first choice with Brady or Tedford as OC

On 12/7/2021 at 12:34 PM, latracey said:

Aranda and Campbell would be my dream come true candidates. Both men are great coaches who I think would do well at Oregon. It's interesting to me that Aranda hasn't signed his Baylor contract yet, as far as we know. 

The 8 million dollar question is: Would either man leave their present situation for Oregon? Time will tell.

"Would either man leave their present situation for Oregon?"

If I was Aranda, I wouldn't. Baylor is an excellent school with huge support for their sports programs (and they have great colors). They're located in the heart of Texas which makes recruiting much easier. They have amazing facilities. They have money. And like their 2021 NCAA Championship Men's basketball team, they have one goal in mind... a College Football National Championship.

I'd love it if he made the move, and it's interesting that he apparently hasn't yet signed his new lucrative contract, but I just don't see him making the jump.

• Like 1

Joe Brady would be another total roll of the dice. I'm not a fan of those kind of odds.

🤔 I have to admit I love his snarky tweets and the offense he puts up... 

I say fly to SoCal and hire Riley before he builds any momentum at USC.

For him it is obviously about the money. He has no real ties to USC.

Two birds... one large check.

• Haha 2

Sad dayz ahead, sad.  To even THINK about the Kiffin who literally killed AL DAVIS.  Had a loyalty issue with Tennessee.  Likes being left at the Tarmac at USC.  Gets some ass chewing with ole Nick Saban at Alabama.  Runs to FAU for some Group Care.  To land the Ole Miss Job and say he found GOD.  But Chip, Helf and Frosty, No way No how.  My feelings are hurt and I have wasted a lot of alcohol then.  You all know how to ruin a EZ bender.  Pffft.

On 12/7/2021 at 10:31 AM, Steven A said:

Hey, how about Eric Boles ?????

Hahaha I’m not sure I’m the guy for the job, but thanks!

• Haha 1
  • Like 1