Charles Fischer

(FishDuck Article) "Ducks in the First: 2021 NFL Draft"

The 2021 Oregon Ducks may not have finished well on the football field, but they certainly are an exorbitantly talented bunch. Several of the Ducks’ best elected to opt out of the season in favor of preparing for the NFL Draft this April which certainly had a lot to do with the lacking production on the field. After looking at ...

Read the full article here...

Mr. FishDuck

Where they land in the NFL Draft, does matter not only to the players but also to the upcoming recruits. For some it helps them make there decision as to what school they will play at. Having first round draft picks helps as well as the total number of picks. 

Oregon is looking good in both respects. 

Where's the writer's bio and hat tip to the editor for this article? It's a nice piece and I wanted to refresh my memory on Alex's background.

Oregon really missed both Penei and Jevon this year. From my viewpoint, as a fan, we were robbed seeing two of our best players in their final year at Oregon. Just another reason why puttting 2020 in the rear view mirror couldn’t happen fast enough. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if Holland's (highly visible) and Sewell's (less visible, but still involved) engagement with the player's demands / threatened strike to the Pac12 office will affect their draft status; either in a positive or negative manner. Different front offices may have different opinions on this.

I think Holland may have the most risk with this, plus, there are several other safety types with similar skills and production who also played this past season and will have more recent game footage. By this same measure I think Lenoir likely helped himself a great deal with his outstanding pick in the highly viewed Pac12 Championship game. DL is also a better pure athlete and should put up better numbers than Graham in a Combine type event, whether the NFL's or just an Oregon Pro Day. I don't see Graham going any earlier than 3rd round, and likely later than that, and Lenoir may be picked before him. Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, hydrophobic said:

Where's the writer's bio and hat tip to the editor for this article? It's a nice piece and I wanted to refresh my memory on Alex's background.

Alex Heining is our Editor-in-Chief, and has been for over six months now.  He is a student at UO and has had a superb internship at FishDuck as both parties have benefited greatly from the working relationship.  He has learned an enormous amount about sportswriting, editing, media management and in particular--human behavior and how to manage a group of people much older than himself.

It is a great example of how well an internship can work for all involved, as he puts in the equivalent of a couple of classes of time each week into the site making sure that articles are published correctly.  The best part is that he is a nice fellow with an easy personality to work with and that will serve him well over time.

If anyone else wants to learn about Media Management and wants to help--email me and I promise you will learn a ton and enjoy it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why are the Reader and Editor Bio Removed?

They and the "Other Suggested Articles" have been removed in order to allow the announcement at the bottom to come up snug against the end of the article.  We are trying to inform everyone about the new forum and have them come over here to make comments.  It did not go well at first, and this was one of three adjustments we made.  It is not a compromise I am completely comfortable with, but it is something that has to be done for now.  If there are other questions--people can email me charles@fishduck.com and I'll explain our short-term plans.

Mr. FishDuck

5 hours ago, hydrophobic said:

Hi Hydrophobic, 

Charles left a great response about my background, but I'll leave my email here if you have any further questions or interests about the site. Thanks for contributing to our new forum!

Alex Heining

alex.heining1@gmail.com

5 hours ago, hydrophobic said:

I wonder if Holland's (highly visible) and Sewell's (less visible, but still involved) engagement with the player's demands / threatened strike to the Pac12 office will affect their draft status; either in a positive or negative manner. Different front offices may have different opinions on this.

I think Holland may have the most risk with this, plus, there are several other safety types with similar skills and production who also played this past season and will have more recent game footage. By this same measure I think Lenoir likely helped himself a great deal with his outstanding pick in the highly viewed Pac12 Championship game. DL is also a better pure athlete and should put up better numbers than Graham in a Combine type event, whether the NFL's or just an Oregon Pro Day. I don't see Graham going any earlier than 3rd round, and likely later than that, and Lenoir may be picked before him. Just my opinion.

I love that you brought this to light, 

After learning more about the draft in the past couple of offseasons, I realized how much the off the field stuff really impacts player stock. Your point on Holland is also crucial to his draft stock, but I see him getting an opportunity sooner rather than later in the draft still because of the high profile he had in 2019-2020. 

Lenoir is certainly on the up as well, and for good reason! He deserves it and I wish him the best down the road.

5 hours ago, Drake said:

Oregon really missed both Penei and Jevon this year. From my viewpoint, as a fan, we were robbed seeing two of our best players in their final year at Oregon. Just another reason why puttting 2020 in the rear view mirror couldn’t happen fast enough. 

I agree Drake,

Let's hope for the sake of 2021, we have an excellent offseason off the field and start moving forward with the healthy new regime of stars.