30Duck

Kiffin Could be the Man

Well... Canzano says it's NOT Kiffin and Canzano definitely has some inside connections. Rumors out of Mississippi are saying Kiffin will be announced as Oregon's new head coach on Friday. Anyone feeling the deja vu ?!

On 12/8/2021 at 5:24 PM, latracey said:

Well... Canzano says it's NOT Kiffin and Canzano definitely has some inside connections. Rumors out of Mississippi are saying Kiffin will be announced as Oregon's new head coach on Friday. Anyone feeling the deja vu ?!

These days I just feel confused about everything... so... is being confused deja vu? If so... then yes.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pretty sure whenever you see

BREAKING NEWS it should read

BREAKING GAS  and take cover!

• Haha 3

Well... Canzano says it's NOT Kiffin and Canzano definitely has some inside connections. Rumors out of Mississippi are saying Kiffin will be announced as Oregon's new head coach on Friday.

I've found that the people saying something will happen are more likely right than the people saying something won't happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

You want confusing? Wrap your mind around this: 

IMG_4080.jpeg

My guess that if its not Kiffin it will be Chip.

• Thumbs Up 1

If I'm getting the scenario from my above post right, it reads something like this:

Kiffin is interested in the Oregon opening so he contacts Canzano for assistance getting hooked up with the people at Oregon who matter. 

Phil, however, doesn't like Kiffin and just says NO!

And THAT is why Canzano is tweeting that Kiffin is out of the mix. All trains must first go through that all important station up in Beaverton.

Or--Maybe Phil is going to let Mullens decide and doesnt want to offer a job without consulting the Admin of Oregon?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/8/2021 at 5:42 PM, latracey said:

Phil, however, doesn't like Kiffin and just says NO!

That sounds like No on Kiffin then, 

• Thumbs Up 1

If they're saying no to Kiffin, I hope it's because they've got a bigger fish on the line.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/8/2021 at 5:41 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

My guess that if its not Kiffin it will be Chip.

I've also heard that Oregon has told their leading recruits who they are targeting, and the recruits are impressed to the point of remaining solid with Oregon. 

Could it be Urban Meyer? I hope not, although I've heard Phil likes him. That man is the Devil incarnate, in my humble opinion. Please NOT Urban Meyer!

Edited by latracey
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/8/2021 at 10:52 AM, DUCKED said:

And that makes him a snake?

what makes him snake-like is he said he was staying at oregon to get us a natty. he sold that to these kids. and even the recent graduates who thought they were going be the foundation of that natty in coming years.

he also sold those kids that they were his family. everyone uses MCs proximity to family as an excuse for his departure. but i thought he had 100+ family members in eugene. 

all those players who were CristoBallIn… they got him his job, and he ditches before their last bowl game. and ditches at the worst time for ducks future. 

and when he had the chance to come clean and be straight, he mocked people for questioning him. 

he’s snake-like bc he lied and we believed him. i really believed him. 

• Thumbs Up 4

On 12/8/2021 at 5:48 PM, latracey said:

I've also heard that Oregon has told their leading recruits who their targeting, and the recruits are impressed to the point of remaining solid with Oregon. 

Could it be Urban Meyer? I hope not, although I've heard Phil likes him. That man is the Devil incarnate, in my humble opinion. 

If he hires Urban Meyer the Women will be rioting. No man will be safe

• Haha 1

On 12/8/2021 at 5:48 PM, latracey said:

Could it be Urban Meyer? I hope not, although I've heard Phil likes him.

Who knows how it works, but I don't know why somebody wouldn't like Kiffin, but would like Meyer?

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

I'd say I'd stop watching if we hired Urban but he'd probably retire for medical reasons before the season started.

• Haha 3

On 12/8/2021 at 5:49 PM, DR Hilarius said:

what makes him snake-like is he said he was staying at oregon to get us a natty. he sold that to these kids. and even the recent graduates who thought they were going be the foundation of that natty in coming years.

he also sold those kids that they were his family. everyone uses MCs proximity to family as an excuse for his departure. but i thought he had 100+ family members in eugene. 

all those players who were CristoBallIn… they got him his job, and he ditches before their last bowl game. and ditches at the worst time for ducks future. 

and when he had the chance to come clean and be straight, he mocked people for questioning him. 

he’s snake-like bc he lied and we believed him. i really believed him. 

Yep.....all this.

How about Ryan Day? Let's devastate tOSU twice in the same season.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/8/2021 at 5:57 PM, deschutesduck said:

I'd say I'd stop watching if we hired Urban but he'd probably retire for medical reasons before the season started.

the office agree GIF by EditingAndLayout

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/8/2021 at 5:42 PM, latracey said:

Kiffin is interested in the Oregon opening so he contacts Canzano for assistance getting hooked up with the people at Oregon who matter. 

But does this sound like it could be even remotely true? It's Lane Kiffen. It's not like he needs an introduction. I find this really hard to believe.  

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/8/2021 at 6:04 PM, OregonRich said:

I find this really hard to believe.  

I can see Kiffin calling Canzano to get a head's up on Oregon contacts, What I find difficult to believe is Kiffin making that call, if PK didn't like him. It seems like Kiffin would be aware of that and not be making plans for when he's here, 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/8/2021 at 5:37 PM, latracey said:

IMG_4080.jpeg

This is very interesting and has me optimistic about the Oregon program for the first time since the first Utah debacle.

If we are in a position to turn down Lane Kiffin, we must have a big fish on the line, that’ll rock the pac-12

🤞 

• Thumbs Up 1

I just saw a tweet that said Wilcox is also not in the mix for the U of O coaching vacancy.

I also saw a tweet that announced that Bryan "B Mac" McClendon has accepted a position on Cristobal's Miami football staff.

My question is: Does B Mac accepting the position with Miami cancel out his being interim Head Coach for Oregon in the Alamo Bowl?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/8/2021 at 6:14 PM, latracey said:

I just saw a tweet that said Wilcox is also not in the mix for the U of O coaching vacancy.

I also saw a tweet that announced that Bryan "B Mac" McClendon has accepted a position on Cristobal's Miami football staff.

My question is: Does B Mac accepting the position with Miami cancel out his being interim Head Coach for Oregon in the Alamo Bowl?

Oregon could have their coach almost signed and that coach is probably bringing in his own staff.

So bmac knows he won’t have a job at Oregon next season.

he is a great recruiter at the wr position I wish him the best. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/8/2021 at 6:14 PM, latracey said:

I bet he still coaches the bowl game. I'd think Mario would want him to stick through the bowl game for the players sake. Let's hope. 

• Thumbs Up 2

You have Canzano and you have this:

Somebody is wrong... 🤔

Edited by Ktmguy2018
  • Thumbs Up 1

Luke Fickel?

On 12/8/2021 at 8:37 PM, latracey said:

IMG_4080.jpeg

Yeah. This seems odd. Kiffin’s agent is Jimmy Sexton. He would seem to be the one calling Mullens and inquiring about the job and getting the contract details. To infer that Jimmy Sexton can’t get a hold of Mullens directly doesn’t seem plausible. He’s the biggest agent in the country.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/8/2021 at 10:29 AM, C J said:

My belief is that if we do the right thing and invest in Oregonians then things will work themselves out eventually. I actually think we would be really surprised by the success a Wilcox + Musgraves + Sirmon + Heyward + Mcclendon team would have with the roster we have.  Heyward and Mclendon are nationally recognized recruiters.

Time to stop chasing rainbows..........it's insane

My belief is Justin Wilcox is another Willie Taggart, Mario Cristobal, and Mark Helfrich.  You have to be qualified to elevate your program to Natty caliber. 

Like Chris Peterson qualified.  Wilcox is not.  

If you want another Rich Brooks or Len Casanova, your going to get the results they got.  And it will take just as long as they did.  

The goal is to win multiple titles.  Not manage  someone else's talent, then fade into the sunset.  The only reason Wilcox gave Cristobal headaches is because Cristobal let most coaches give him headaches.  

Wilcox is not the answer if national titles are the question.  

• Thumbs Up 4

"Oregon is not currently pursuing Justin Wilcox as a potential head coaching candidate. The Ducks are aiming high in this search, particularly for coaches who have playoff or title game experience."

The quote from a tweet above says the Ducks are specifically targeting coaches who have playoff or title game experience. Hmmm... Are we talking about Urban Meyer here?

Noooooooooooooooooo !

Edited by latracey

On 12/8/2021 at 7:33 PM, Mike West said:

My belief is Justin Wilcox is another Willie Taggart, Mario Cristobal, and Mark Helfrich.  You have to be qualified to elevate your program to Natty caliber. 

Like Chris Peterson qualified.  Wilcox is not.  

If you want another Rich Brooks or Len Casanova, your going to get the results they got.  And it will take just as long as they did.  

The goal is to win multiple titles.  Not manage  someone else's talent, then fade into the sunset.  The only reason Wilcox gave Cristobal headaches is because Cristobal let most coaches give him headaches.  

Wilcox is not the answer if national titles are the question.  

If you're serious about winning a title, go to a coach who's won a title.

Urban.

On 12/8/2021 at 9:13 PM, 30Duck said:

I can see Kiffin calling Canzano to get a head's up on Oregon contacts, What I find difficult to believe is Kiffin making that call, if PK didn't like him. It seems like Kiffin would be aware of that and not be making plans for when he's here, 

That’s what his agent is for. It doesn’t make sense that Kiffin would call for himself. However, it does make sense that PK doesn’t want him. It may not be that he dislikes him. It could mean that both sides are way off on the buyout which is very plausible.

Oregon is going to want a very high one and Kiffin may want some clauses put in for certain NFL jobs or the Alabama job.

• Thumbs Up 3

Maybe-Drum roll~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Mike Bellotti?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I wanted Kiffen for awhile but I changed my mind when I saw this video today. He really was a dumpster fire at USC. This looks like MC vs. Utah.

On 12/8/2021 at 6:45 PM, Warrenton said:

I wanted Kiffen for awhile but I changed my mind when I saw this video today. He really was a dumpster fire at USC. This looks like MC vs. Utah.

He’s improved a ton since then.  I wouldn’t hold that against him.

Lane has been willing to adapt and grow his offense over the years

unlike a certain coach with the initials MC 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/8/2021 at 9:19 PM, OregonRich said:

I bet he still coaches the bowl game. I'd think Mario would want him to stick through the bowl game for the players sake. Let's hope. 

This is all true. I heard it on the Pac12 SXM show this morning. Mirabal is also coming back to coach. Mario didn’t want to leave the team high and dry for the bowl game.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 6:45 PM, Warrenton said:

Post Bama Kiffin is a different coach. 

Nick Saban's coaching rehabilitation clinic is pretty good. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/8/2021 at 7:39 PM, David Marsh said:

Post Bama Kiffin is a different coach. 

Nick Saban's coaching rehabilitation clinic is pretty good. 

Is that the same clinic Mario went to?

• Haha 1

On 12/8/2021 at 8:41 PM, PittDuck said:

Is that the same clinic Mario went to?

And Kirby Smart, Mel Tucker, Jimbo Fisher, and many others. 

• Thumbs Up 3

https://twitter.com/johncanzanobft/status/1468801309356675072?s=21

According to John Canzano, Oregon just asked for permission to interview Justin Wilcox. 

This is just CRAZY!!!! I don't know what else to tell you...

On 12/8/2021 at 8:49 PM, latracey said:

https://twitter.com/johncanzanobft/status/1468801309356675072?s=21

According to John Canzano, Oregon just asked for permission to interview Justin Wilcox. 

Starting the B list?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/8/2021 at 8:55 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

Starting the B list?

just wait till next week when they're asking to interview the head coach at Sheldon

On 12/8/2021 at 9:12 PM, deschutesduck said:

just wait till next week when they're asking to interview the head coach at Sheldon

At least he knew how to utilize Herbert.

Edited by The Kamikaze Kid
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 8:49 PM, latracey said:

Not burning a bridge with Wilcox. Wilcox is NOT the right coach at this time in my personal opinion but in 5 or 10 years he may be.

Wilcox, Kelly and Sitake are all good coaches and will do fine at Oregon right now. The problem with all of them is that they will get Oregon to a Pac-12 Championship game and a Rose Bowl often enough for us not to fully hate them but not get us a National Championship.

They would be good... but not great. Oregon is in the market right now for great.

• Thumbs Up 1

Canzano is also reporting Oregon is talking to a current NFL  guy.

Urban?  - would be interesting if they passed on Kiffin

Kellen Moore? - First time HC?

wIOSd5uU_x96.png

Oregon is also talking with at least two other candidates, I’m told. One of those is in the NFL.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Isn’t Message Board Geniuses known for posting crazy stuff “someone” pasted somewhere as a way to get clicks and laughs?    I mean a “small Ole Miss donor said…”.  Smells fishy to me

On 12/8/2021 at 6:51 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

This is all true. I heard it on the Pac12 SXM show this morning. Mirabal is also coming back to coach. Mario didn’t want to leave the team high and dry for the bowl game.

Mirabal can move on and the Duck O-line won’t be any worse off—unless they are graded on hand position.

Forsyth knows the pass protection calls that should be good enough for Ashford to make  plays.

Edited by Duck1984

On 12/8/2021 at 9:38 PM, AllOregon said:

Canzano is also reporting Oregon is talking to a current NFL  guy.

Urban?  - would be interesting if they passed on Kiffin

Kellen Moore? - First time HC?

wIOSd5uU_x96.png

Oregon is also talking with at least two other candidates, I’m told. One of those is in the NFL.

Maybe Joe Brady? 

On 12/8/2021 at 11:50 PM, kirklandduck said:

Maybe Joe Brady? 

Maybe, though I dismissed him since the words said “IS in the NFL”.  Joe got fired already.  

NFL "guy", is a relatively transient and fluid term, these days... Sorta like, "I walked in and out of the tunnel at Autzen when I coached there." 

Yeah it was for the very successful home team... in our youth soccer league.

NFL guy?? hmm?

Pete Carroll ??

Would P off the Fuskies though -LOL