Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
30Duck

Kiffin Could be the Man

Recommended Posts

On 12/8/2021 at 10:29 AM, C J said:

My belief is that if we do the right thing and invest in Oregonians then things will work themselves out eventually. I actually think we would be really surprised by the success a Wilcox + Musgraves + Sirmon + Heyward + Mcclendon team would have with the roster we have.  Heyward and Mclendon are nationally recognized recruiters.

 

Time to stop chasing rainbows..........it's insane

 

 

My belief is Justin Wilcox is another Willie Taggart, Mario Cristobal, and Mark Helfrich.  You have to be qualified to elevate your program to Natty caliber. 

 

Like Chris Peterson qualified.  Wilcox is not.  

 

If you want another Rich Brooks or Len Casanova, your going to get the results they got.  And it will take just as long as they did.  

 

The goal is to win multiple titles.  Not manage  someone else's talent, then fade into the sunset.  The only reason Wilcox gave Cristobal headaches is because Cristobal let most coaches give him headaches.  

 

Wilcox is not the answer if national titles are the question.  

  • Thumbs Up 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

"Oregon is not currently pursuing Justin Wilcox as a potential head coaching candidate. The Ducks are aiming high in this search, particularly for coaches who have playoff or title game experience."

 

The quote from a tweet above says the Ducks are specifically targeting coaches who have playoff or title game experience. Hmmm... Are we talking about Urban Meyer here?

 

Noooooooooooooooooo !

 

 

Edited by latracey
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2021 at 7:33 PM, Mike West said:

 

 

My belief is Justin Wilcox is another Willie Taggart, Mario Cristobal, and Mark Helfrich.  You have to be qualified to elevate your program to Natty caliber. 

 

Like Chris Peterson qualified.  Wilcox is not.  

 

If you want another Rich Brooks or Len Casanova, your going to get the results they got.  And it will take just as long as they did.  

 

The goal is to win multiple titles.  Not manage  someone else's talent, then fade into the sunset.  The only reason Wilcox gave Cristobal headaches is because Cristobal let most coaches give him headaches.  

 

Wilcox is not the answer if national titles are the question.  

If you're serious about winning a title, go to a coach who's won a title.

 

Urban.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2021 at 9:13 PM, 30Duck said:

 

I can see Kiffin calling Canzano to get a head's up on Oregon contacts, What I find difficult to believe is Kiffin making that call, if PK didn't like him. It seems like Kiffin would be aware of that and not be making plans for when he's here, 

That’s what his agent is for. It doesn’t make sense that Kiffin would call for himself. However, it does make sense that PK doesn’t want him. It may not be that he dislikes him. It could mean that both sides are way off on the buyout which is very plausible.
 

Oregon is going to want a very high one and Kiffin may want some clauses put in for certain NFL jobs or the Alabama job.

  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe-Drum roll~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Mike Bellotti?

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted Kiffen for awhile but I changed my mind when I saw this video today. He really was a dumpster fire at USC. This looks like MC vs. Utah.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2021 at 6:45 PM, Warrenton said:

I wanted Kiffen for awhile but I changed my mind when I saw this video today. He really was a dumpster fire at USC. This looks like MC vs. Utah.

 

 

He’s improved a ton since then.  I wouldn’t hold that against him.

 

Lane has been willing to adapt and grow his offense over the years

 

unlike a certain coach with the initials MC 

  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2021 at 9:19 PM, OregonRich said:

I bet he still coaches the bowl game. I'd think Mario would want him to stick through the bowl game for the players sake. Let's hope. 

This is all true. I heard it on the Pac12 SXM show this morning. Mirabal is also coming back to coach. Mario didn’t want to leave the team high and dry for the bowl game.

  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2021 at 6:45 PM, Warrenton said:

I wanted Kiffen for awhile but I changed my mind when I saw this video today. He really was a dumpster fire at USC. This looks like MC vs. Utah.

Post Bama Kiffin is a different coach. 

 

Nick Saban's coaching rehabilitation clinic is pretty good. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2021 at 7:39 PM, David Marsh said:

Post Bama Kiffin is a different coach. 

 

Nick Saban's coaching rehabilitation clinic is pretty good. 

Is that the same clinic Mario went to?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2021 at 8:41 PM, PittDuck said:

Is that the same clinic Mario went to?

And Kirby Smart, Mel Tucker, Jimbo Fisher, and many others. 

  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://twitter.com/johncanzanobft/status/1468801309356675072?s=21

 

According to John Canzano, Oregon just asked for permission to interview Justin Wilcox. 

 

This is just CRAZY!!!! I don't know what else to tell you...

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2021 at 8:49 PM, latracey said:

https://twitter.com/johncanzanobft/status/1468801309356675072?s=21

 

According to John Canzano, Oregon just asked for permission to interview Justin Wilcox. 

 

This is just CRAZY!!!! I don't know what else to tell you...

Starting the B list?

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2021 at 8:55 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

Starting the B list?

 

just wait till next week when they're asking to interview the head coach at Sheldon

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2021 at 9:12 PM, deschutesduck said:

 

just wait till next week when they're asking to interview the head coach at Sheldon

At least he knew how to utilize Herbert.

Edited by The Kamikaze Kid
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2021 at 8:49 PM, latracey said:

According to John Canzano, Oregon just asked for permission to interview Justin Wilcox. 

 

This is just CRAZY!!!! I don't know what else to tell you...

Not burning a bridge with Wilcox. Wilcox is NOT the right coach at this time in my personal opinion but in 5 or 10 years he may be.

 

Wilcox, Kelly and Sitake are all good coaches and will do fine at Oregon right now. The problem with all of them is that they will get Oregon to a Pac-12 Championship game and a Rose Bowl often enough for us not to fully hate them but not get us a National Championship.

 

They would be good... but not great. Oregon is in the market right now for great.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Canzano is also reporting Oregon is talking to a current NFL  guy.

Urban?  - would be interesting if they passed on Kiffin

Kellen Moore? - First time HC?

 

 
 
 
wIOSd5uU_x96.png
 
Oregon is also talking with at least two other candidates, I’m told. One of those is in the NFL.
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2021 at 5:24 PM, latracey said:

Well... Canzano says it's NOT Kiffin and Canzano definitely has some inside connections. Rumors out of Mississippi are saying Kiffin will be announced as Oregon's new head coach on Friday. Anyone feeling the deja vu ?!

Isn’t Message Board Geniuses known for posting crazy stuff “someone” pasted somewhere as a way to get clicks and laughs?    I mean a “small Ole Miss donor said…”.  Smells fishy to me

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2021 at 6:51 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

This is all true. I heard it on the Pac12 SXM show this morning. Mirabal is also coming back to coach. Mario didn’t want to leave the team high and dry for the bowl game.


Mirabal can move on and the Duck O-line won’t be any worse off—unless they are graded on hand position.

 

Forsyth knows the pass protection calls that should be good enough for Ashford to make  plays.

Edited by Duck1984
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2021 at 9:38 PM, AllOregon said:

Canzano is also reporting Oregon is talking to a current NFL  guy.

Urban?  - would be interesting if they passed on Kiffin

Kellen Moore? - First time HC?

 

 
 
 
wIOSd5uU_x96.png
 
Oregon is also talking with at least two other candidates, I’m told. One of those is in the NFL.

Maybe Joe Brady? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2021 at 11:50 PM, kirklandduck said:

Maybe Joe Brady? 


Maybe, though I dismissed him since the words said “IS in the NFL”.  Joe got fired already.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

NFL "guy", is a relatively transient and fluid term, these days... Sorta like, "I walked in and out of the tunnel at Autzen when I coached there." 

Yeah it was for the very successful home team... in our youth soccer league.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

NFL guy?? hmm?

Pete Carroll ??

Would P off the Fuskies though -LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/9/2021 at 8:41 AM, PittDuck said:

Is that the same clinic Mario went to?

PittDuck ..... Is Narduzzi available ?  My buddy fron PennState was enquiring 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got off the phone with Lane Kiffin. I asked him about the Kiffin to Oregon. scuttlebutt. His answer... " John Conwho? " 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...
Top