Duck1984

Will a Dabo do UO?

YES. Absolutely. His name was so far off of my radar that he never remotely crossed my mind.

He'd be my #1 pick... by a mile.

Edited by Desert Duck

Love the thought but NO WAY! He is making over $9+M a year. Has a beautiful home in Clemson and a lake house of equal quality 40 minutes away. He is southern born and bred. And he is in rich recruiting ground recruiting to a brand he labored to build. Might as well aim for Nick Saban.

Clemson will be back in 2022 with a more experienced OL, will win the ACC and advance to the playoff.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 12/8/2021 at 1:41 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Love the thought but NO WAY!

Can’t ignore his love for the state, but he may lose a big part of his support, and some key coaches very soon.

If he believes he has to start over, why not with the University of Nike?

On 12/8/2021 at 4:46 PM, Duck1984 said:

Can’t ignore his love for the state, but he may lose a big part of his support, and some key coaches very soon.

If he believes he has to start over, why not with the University of Nike?

Venables, after years of being the DC at Clemson is returning to OK to coach a blue blood. That's 1 guy on a staff who has been with him for years. 

Dabo with his consistency with assistant coaches makes Saint Nick's run at Bama look even more remarkable. Turn over in staff year after year and I will not be surprised if new OC O'Brien leaves for an HC job after this season.  Nick just keeps on trucking. Look at the dudes Bama lost to the NFL last season and yet, Bama is the 2021 #1 Playoff seed.

On 12/8/2021 at 1:56 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Venables, after years of being the DC at Clemson is returning to OK to coach a blue blood. That's 1 guy on a staff who has been with him for years. 

Dabo has enjoyed a stable ride for sure.

But the AD is rumored to Miami, DC is gone to Sooners, and the OC is soon to be a Cavalier.

That could be the stampede that cuts Dabo loose.

Dabo is also a deeply religious Christian (as are most coaches and players from the south) and he's not shy about expressing his beliefs. Not in an in your face way like Tebo, he just lives it loud and proud and genuine. Hard to imagine that being tolerated in a city like Eugene.

On 12/8/2021 at 6:59 PM, FreddyD said:

Dabo is also a deeply religious Christian (as are most coaches and players from the south) and he's not shy about expressing his beliefs. Not in an in your face way like Tebo, he just lives it loud and proud and genuine. Hard to imagine that being tolerated in a city like Eugene.

A lot can be tolerated if the Ducks are in the CFP

Dabo would not be interested in The Ducks-

On 12/8/2021 at 7:18 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

Dabo would not be interested in The Ducks-

I agree, as much as I want to believe he would entertain the idea, even if he was offer double his current salary, I lean in the 51%-100% side that he wouldn't take the job. What he has built in Clemson, being at Clemson basically recruits itself at this point (same with Saban), needing a replacement staff/coach/whatever at the school basically repeats itself (same with Saban), ACC being a joke and still making CFP (not the PAC12), Oregon/Eugene/Portland (Insert whatever you can think of), and more.

• Like 1