Warrenton

I found the coach that we need

Cincy's Luke Fickell is the answer to our search. I'm surprised his name hasn't come yet. He just led Cincy to the CFP and he has a hell of a W/L record and he's young.

Uncle Phil, let's take a look at this guy. If he can get a lousy program like Cincy to the playoff, think what he could do in Eugene.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 7:33 PM, Warrenton said:

Cincy's Luke Fickell is the answer to our search. I'm surprised his name hasn't come yet. He just led Cincy to the CFP and he has a hell of a W/L record and he's young.

Uncle Phil, let's take a look at this guy. If he can get a lousy program like Cincy to the playoff, think what he could do in Eugene.

Many people have suggested that and I'm sure that Rob Mullens is well aware of Luke Fickell.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/8/2021 at 8:43 PM, Chris OLeary said:

Many people have suggested that and I'm sure that Rob Mullens is well aware of Luke Fickell.

Yea, the dudes pretty Fickell… I don’t think he would come to Oregon….

On 12/8/2021 at 8:47 PM, Jimmy joe said:

Yea, the dudes pretty Fickell… I don’t think he would come to Oregon….

Are you kidding? I have lived in Cincy. It's the redneck center of Ohio and the racism and poverty there are rampant. Not to mention the horribly cold winters. I bet there's a good chance Eugene would look pretty damn good to him if he is a decent man.

Edited by toketeeman
  • Thumbs Up 1

"According to Canzano, Oregon just asked for permission to interview Justin Wilcox"

Would rather have Chip....Wilcox seems like a nice guy but all he brings is being an Oregon guy....in this day and age that's not near enough.....Wilcox and Campbell, who's offense looks more boring than MC, shouldn't be considered. 
Should either be hired it will be complete surrender - to mediocrity....and the decommits will explode. 

For 9 mil a year I personally would go to Toledo-granted no one is knocking at my door but.... just sayin

The good thing about the PAC is that you only have to be so so good then you are the PAC champ and you win an OOC game you are in the NCG.

Kinda like Cincinnati only better. Oregon is a top 15 destination for the long term.

On 12/8/2021 at 9:12 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

For 9 mil a year I personally would go to Toledo-granted no one is knocking at my door but.... just sayin

Toledo is my hometown and I once marched in the Glass Bowl at a Rockets game. Left at 18. Never looked back. But the University has always been a good-reputation institution. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/8/2021 at 9:43 PM, Chris OLeary said:

I hope the folks doing the search are looking at everyone and the top options like Fickell.

Truth is we haven't got the head coach position right since Chip left.

Would be a great hire, but would need assurances before the playoff game in order to retain players and recruits.

Pretty hard to keep things secret that long with the number of players involved.

Fickell is the right guy, he was just voted National Coach of the Year.  If there is a delay in announcing a MC replacement, it will mean they have given an offer to either Fickell or O'Brien who are both in the Playoffs.  If O'Brien beats Cinci by over 20 points, I would go with O'Brien since he is really my #1 Pick. 

• Thumbs Up 1

One can only hope that Rob Mullens actually reads this blog as well!

• Haha 1