Muskrat

Chip Deserves Another Chance to Recreate the Magic.

According to a tweet just posted by John Canzano, Oregon hasn't made their final decision yet. Behind what he is calling "Door Number 1" is an NFL candidate and a college coach mystery candidate. Behind "Door Number 2" is Kelly and Wilcox. 

That all said, I originally said that I had heard it was going to be Chip Kelly, and I think when it's all said and done, it is going to be Chip Kelly.

Be nice to see #1 door.

What makes all you folks even think that Chip wants to return to Eugene and/or Oregon?

• Thumbs Up 2

Chip deserves another chance to recreate the Magic

I agree, but just somewhere other than the UofO.

Edited by Desert Duck

I'm sorry but what has he exactly done to deserve a 2nd chance? He bolted from Oregon for the NFL as soon as he could. He left a group of recruits hanging.

His record since leaving Oregon is simply bad.

He is unwilling to recruit. And the assistant coaches he would bring to Oregon are no where near the quality he inherited.

And he put Oregon on probation.

Chip is a last gasp save face choice. An absurd reach back to the past.

But looking at the conference today except for the primo SC gig why would any top  coach want to link up with the Pac-12?

• Thumbs Up 1

Nothing to lose with Chip Kelly 

No Downside

On 12/10/2021 at 8:38 PM, Muskrat said:

Nothing to lose with Chip Kelly 

No Downside

????????????????????

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 6:18 PM, Jon Joseph said:

????????????????????

I'll second that!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/10/2021 at 6:28 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I'll second that!

If you want to create a big buzz in the CFW Nationally  get Chip and then spend the $$$ to get Lanning, the hottest DC commodity in the SEC and watch what happens. 
Guaranteed. No downside.
Help us Uncle Phil. We need a little Vision here

On 12/10/2021 at 5:14 PM, Jon Joseph said:

But looking at the conference today except for the primo SC gig why would any top  coach want to link up with the Pac-12?

Thats the 8 million dollar question right there.

Who says UofO even reached out to Chip? Zano? Certainly haven't heard it from UofO or CK. I doubt Oregon is interested. 

Yer soundin a little worried. R U sure yer not wearing orange & black?🙃😂😂

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/10/2021 at 4:38 PM, Marshall Lucky said:

“Chip loves us.....”

I love Chip for the old days-Maybe he could make it happen again? But Chip Loves $$$$$

That was a Animal House ref.   “Otis Loves Us....” ...next scene Dexter Lake Club as a juke joint

I don’t understand the animosity of some re Chip’s departure for the Eagles.  How many among us haven’t changed jobs at some point for either more money or a new challenge?  When Chip left, he got both.  What we’d get now is a guy who is completely off the NFL radar (2-14 seasons will do that), friendly with Uncle Phil and was a good coach and ambassador for the program.  He took an absolutely moribund program at UCLA and spun it around quickly.  He was and is a good recruiter and NFL experience should resonate with the typical recruit who expects to play on Sundays (however misguided most of them are).  Had slick Willie been honest, the Ducks would have grabbed Chip back several years ago.  UCLA knew it and jumped in while Willie was fiddling.

Chip Proved he take take a good team and make it great, Lanning has proved he can make an already great team  play to their expectations. Whoopy doo.