30Duck

What's Going on With Kiffin to Oregon?

That's what rumor mills do - nothing.   I have given up guessing.   I think we will know soon who is the new HC... Fingers crossed.

The word floated by Canzano last night was that Kiffin was off of the table. Word has it that Canzano has an in with Phil Knight, and that Phil Knight doesn't like Kiffin. Take it for what it's worth because the buzz out there is so loud right now that it's hard to know which end is up.

It's strange, however. Kiffin has leaked that he's interested. He is one of the best offensive minds in college football today, and he is perhaps the only name on the list who would easily be able to go toe to toe with Lincoln Riley on the recruiting trail. He is exactly the kind of big, splashy hire that would make the major waves I'd think Oregon wants to make. 

Why isn't Kiffin getting any Love from the people who are calling the shots?

Edited by latracey
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/9/2021 at 2:02 PM, latracey said:

Why isn't Kiffin getting any Love from the people who are calling the shots?

To Kiff or not to Kiff, that is the question?  

A fascinating twist to the story as LK seems to check all the boxes for what PK knows this coach hire has to do. But Mr, Just Do it, Won't Do It. 

• Haha 2

Judging from what I’m reading it’s between Wilcox, Chip, or Sitake. Everybody else is just rumors.

On 12/9/2021 at 3:12 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Judging from what I’m reading it’s between Wilcox, Chip, or Sitake. Everybody else is just rumors.

If that's really the case then it has to be Chip as he's the only one that's actually taken a program to a national championship game.  I don't think Wilcox or Sitake have that kind of ceiling right now.

Here’s the problem. It’s public knowledge that Oregon can pay top dollar. Unfortunately, there are no top dollar coaches between the ones they’re interviewing. However, they all want that kind of money.

This is Oregon settling.  Oregon has the best facilities in the country, very deep pockets and probably top 5 in name recognition. Settling for middle of the road coaches is insulting. It's time for the Ducks to step up or fall by the wayside. If this is the best the Ducks can do then I for one, needs to reevaluate who I believe the Ducks are. How disappointing this will be.

On 12/9/2021 at 6:12 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Not happy with those selection.  What is going on in the minds of those in charge finding a coach?  This can't be happening that they would settle on these three.  This is not the way to go.  Talk about aiming too low.  If this is what Mullens and the like are thinking, it's time to get a new AD.

Edited by NJDuck

Trust me, as a USC grad, we do not want Lame Kitten up here.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Maybe the biggest deciding factor is what PK wants.

The talent could be on the roster now to get to the Natty. Chip can salvage 75% of this great class and then fill in with the portal.

Creating a 3 year window at the Natty. With Chip doing little recruiting. Just schemes, coaching up players and putting up 50 per game. It's in his wheel house. Ask USC, Bruins topped 60.

If PK is impatient the new coach may very well be Chip. Give him a 3 year, 10 million a season contact. Pay $2 million plus for DC and AC. With CFP and Natty appearances give all staff big bonus rewards. Still less money than the near $100 million he would have spent on MC and his flock of fleeing coaches.

Gives Oregon and CK three years to groom the next coach.

But doesn't trap us for a decade.

And PK can get a Natty and get there ahead of MC. Don't think that rejection by MC doesn't stick in PK's craw.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just have a feeling Kiffin will arrive in town around midnight on a private jet and be helicoptered to a meeting in Uncle Phill's Autzen bunker with a hiring announcement tomorrow morning.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/9/2021 at 6:56 PM, Bruce3404 said:

Trust me, as a USC grad, we do not want Lame Kitten up here.

I heard that his recruiting has tailed off since his days in LA. Ole Miss is 33rd. That’s pretty bad for a SEC school with 10 wins and an offensive genius as head coach.

And Lane’s lastest tweet of an airport.  I think he arrives at midnight. 

CC97874C-7011-4A21-9EE3-53B68AB60AF3.jpeg

Edited by Killerburger
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/9/2021 at 4:10 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

I heard that his recruiting has tailed off since his days in LA. Ole Miss is 33rd. That’s pretty bad for a SEC school with 10 wins and an offensive genius as head coach.

And UCLA is 44th in the middle of Los Angeles. 

I heard, through my grape wine, that Kiffin asked, Just how far the Airport was to the school.  He had yet to respond back.

• Haha 2

On 12/9/2021 at 4:35 PM, EzDucksIt said:

I heard, through my grape wine, that Kiffin asked, Just how far the Airport was to the school.  He had yet to respond back.

I heard he was asking how comfortable the tarmac was…

• Haha 2

Season 8 Mob Justice GIF by The Simpsons

Finding out Kiffin used Ole Miss for $$$$ Leverage