Setnetduck

Sinking Feeling

I have a horrible feeling Mullens was caught flat footed and we are the odd man out in this game of musical chairs...

• Thumbs Up 5

It feels like that is the truth.

Why isn't anyone texting Matt Rhule? He's on a bus that is more like a dumpster fire?

Agree... funny how coaches can go from guru to idiot seemingly overnight... he was THE hire a couple years ago..

I have a feeling that after this the new Miami AD gets left out from events at the club.  

I feel as if Oregon is on the verge of turning the corner. This is the point that Oregon gets to the top of the mountain and stakes its claim. Nobody is going to hand it to them on a silver platter. It's time for Oregon to grab a fist full of filberts ( yes, I am a generational Oregonian) and take it. Go Duck! #LaneCounty.

• Thumbs Up 3

I have the same feeling. However, I still hold out hope for that Lincoln Riley-like shocker.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants

And from the flat-footedness he quickly tried world shocking names the last few days and was rebuffed.

So while a couple days ago Wilcox and Chip “were no longer under consideration”, they are now back in the mix.   I want to believe a shocker is being smokescreened but not sure RM has the chops to pull that marketing off of intentional leaks while signing the real stud.

2016 we all thought they were going big name as well…

Reality tells me we are in the same place and this will be embarrassing especially after the nation heard Lane was in the bag yesterday.  Any name below that level, we will continue to be ridiculed.

Hope to be incorrect

Don't despair fellow Duck faithful.

This hire will take time and due diligence. RM and PK have heard it all,  seen it all and may be a bit gun shy.

Top coaches are high pitch salesman. Decision makers have to wade thru the coach speak. Separate the fluff from the substance.

All this week I have been holding dinner training meetings. 5 to 10 people each session. I ask questions, listen to answers then use my 43 years experience to separate the big talkers from those with substance. My clients pay me for my decisions on staff members.

Its no different for RM. Give him time forum members.... Good things come to those who wait.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hard to feel sad or happy when you have very little action to go off. 

• Thumbs Up 2

fox tv running GIF by Lethal Weapon

Get back here Lane, you done this to Tennessee!  I just like the story of USC Kiffin it!

• Haha 2

Altman hiring deja vu. We went after some big names and came back with an underwhelming hire. Remember Cristobal was a loser, quick hire who was at the right place at the right time.

There are brighter coach finding minds out there looking for the next Altman type hire. We will be fine. 

I do find it interesting how hot names become bad names after one trip up. People become the next great thing after one season. We have created hot coach, after hot coach, and fired one of our most successful. Our program will be just fine, I'm almost sure of it!

On 12/9/2021 at 6:12 PM, Haywarduck said:

Altman hiring deja vu. We went after some big names and came back with an underwhelming hire.

I was just thinking this! It was a sobering thought for the people so sure of themselves and their new palace, er, arena that all the A-listers didn't want to come to Eugene. I wonder if the same thing is happening again?

On 12/9/2021 at 6:12 PM, Haywarduck said:

Altman hiring deja vu. We went after some big names and came back with an underwhelming hire. Remember Cristobal was a loser, quick hire who was at the right place at the right time.

There are brighter coach finding minds out there looking for the next Altman type hire. We will be fine. 

I do find it interesting how hot names become bad names after one trip up. People become the next great thing after one season. We have created hot coach, after hot coach, and fired one of our most successful. Our program will be just fine, I'm almost sure of it!

Altman might have been underwhelming compared to Tom Izzo but that is like going after Nick Saban. I feel like the Luke Fickell and Matt Campbell are similar to Altman and I'd take both of them.

On 12/9/2021 at 9:12 PM, Haywarduck said:

Mario's a winner today. 62-60. And he got face time on College Gameday. Man, he can talk the talk.