Haywarduck

Transfer Portal: The Candy Store

If you are interested in seeing what's available in the transfer portal here is a link

I went into the DT section of this candy store, and there are a couple big boys looking for a new place to call home.

Does any position or prospect grab your attention?

I would take Georgia's DT, Natori Johnson at 6' 3" 330lbs to help us out for a couple years. Sounds like he had some academic issues and our Jaqua Center could be just what he needs. It is time to fill out our roster for next season, what do we need?

Fun stuff, and sure...that fellow would fill a need at Nose Tackle!

Mr. FishDuck

Nose Tackle would be great to get some instant impact players there...

Another corner or safety wouldn't be bad... Need some depth there.

Maybe a runningback? Need someone who is capable of more of a power run game than what we currently have the on the roster, but I don't feel great about picking up a quality runningback through the transfer portal at this time.

If I remember correctly Iaka from SLC was on our recruiting list at one point. He ended up transferring from LSU to Baylor. It seems like we need to get on these big boys again. Time for Big Joe to show us what he can do!

I noticed some RB's with size and no transfer prediction:

Antuan Branch, 6'0, 230, UNC 
Jamari Peacock, 6'1, 220, UVA
Gilberto Torres, 5'11, 225, UMASS

5 minutes ago, 30Duck said:

I noticed some RB's with size and no transfer prediction:

Antuan Branch, 6'0, 230, UNC 
Jamari Peacock, 6'1, 220, UVA
Gilberto Torres, 5'11, 225, UMASS

Big... but what's their speed like?

We have a big back in Habibi-Likio but he isn't terribly fast... or more to the point he isn't fast enough.

3 minutes ago, David Marsh said:

Big... but what's their speed like?

Very true, we don't need another CHL, just a starting point in evaluating. 

What I noticed, last night, is Alabama put in their LB as a fullback in short yardage situations. We have a ready made LB who would be a wrecking ball as a FB. Maybe in the future Cristobal will use our LB in short yardage situations?

Maybe we should ask Gary Campbell what he thinks about our RB recruit list. He seemed to be a pretty good judge of talent in the past. This seems to be a big weakness is seeing who is going to have the talent at the next level when evaluating kids at the high school level, when you look at what Mastro has done so far. 

We need to go after kids Gary Campbell would have, or would. Maybe put Gary on as a consultant, not that he needs the money with his PERS benefits.

6 minutes ago, Haywarduck said:

What I noticed, last night, is Alabama put in their LB as a fullback in short yardage situations

Again, we look to Alabama now for offensive strategies!  I'm remembering now that the Ducks were there to the end with Najee Harris, from Antioch High School, in the East San Francisco Bay Area, until he chose Alabama. Saban definitely knew how to use him. 

16 minutes ago, 30Duck said:

Again, we look to Alabama now for offensive strategies!  I'm remembering now that the Ducks were there to the end with Najee Harris, from Antioch High School, in the East San Francisco Bay Area, until he chose Alabama. Saban definitely knew how to use him. 

Not to worry, if history holds true, we will be doing what Alabama is doing in about 5 years. Alabama will be doing what Oregon is doing is about 5 years. All will be good in about 5 years.

As far as Najee, he saw the train wreck we were at the time and never really considered us. Gary Campbell was retiring and we didn't have a chance.

We do need a RB coach who can identify and recruit elite college talent. I do like Seven, and Sean, but would defer to what Campbell thought.

13 minutes ago, Haywarduck said:

We do need a RB coach who can identify and recruit elite college talent. I do like Seven, and Sean, but would defer to what Campbell thought.

All of that, just remember the RB's we have had, James, Barner, Freeman, Droughns, McCullough, Smith, Morris. Have to start getting that quality again.